It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide And The Aftermath.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Even if there is a small chance this could happen would you take the risk, who knows maybe I am your warning before its too late. I know cheesy.

www.youtube.com...
and
video.google.com...#

If you keep doing the same things you will always get the same results and feelings.

In answer to you question I don't brand people as brave or cowards from a single moment in there life. When someone says they died from suicide what I hear is, someone died from depression. So the only feeling I'm left with is sadness.

“The real reason for not committing suicide is because you always know how swell life gets again after the hell is over.” Ernest Hemingway, a few weeks before committing suicide.

circumstances change but death is final.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1IN7MILLION

I feel the same way. I hear "severely wounded", and in "intolerable pain", when I hear about it.

I just feel frustrated when it happens, that no one intervened to assist in turning lives around, because I know they can be turned around. Sometimes from the inside out, sometimes from the outside first. But it can be done.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1IN7MILLION
“The real reason for not committing suicide is because you always know how swell life gets again after the hell is over.” Ernest Hemingway, a few weeks before committing suicide.

circumstances change but death is final.

Death is not final.. This can be proven through research..
Things from memories of reincarnation, past life regressions, NDE's and a few other things can prove this without a shadow of a doubt..

The quote you said is interesting.. You said he said that a couple weeks before he suicided? Maybe he is talking about hell as being here? and he wanted it to end...

Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is a really complicated subject. The fact is, its your life, and you can end it whenever you would like. But people fail to realize what an impact they leave behind. I think alot of people have been in the position where it seemed things would never get better and they didnt want to wake up in the morning.

But.

There is almost ALWAYS something you can find to live for. No matter how you feel, no matter what you have or dont have, it can be as simple as you said, living just to see the sunset everyday.

Truth is most of life is probably going to be really hard. But you live for the moments that make it all worth it. Things arent going to be butterflys all the time and life is a challenge, everyone has to do it, nobody has it easy.

We get one life as far as we know. Even if your life is a miserable one, its a life none the less, and you can make it better, and know that here on ATS, you always have a friend to turn to.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And I see from your quote that you have watched The Bridge. It was a great documentary but hard to watch.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
No one on the other side is going to judge you for committing suicide. Sometimes a person really has no choice and suicide can sometimes be justified depending on the circumstances. I'm basing this on all the things I've read from people like Robert Monroe and Thomas Campbell, people who truly know about the other side. HOWEVER, these people also mention some things that I was already convinced of and reaffirmed of. You are only hurting yourself by committing suicide, simply because this 3D universe is a learning and experience tool. You are here to learn particular things and to go through particular experiences. This was planned out before you even entered into a physical body. YOU chose this life because you were either told, or you already knew, that you needed to learn or experience certain things in that next physical life in order to move forward and evolve your consciousness. There are MUCH bigger and better things after you have gotten past the preschool of human existence and 3D life. If you absolutely have to commit suicide because you simply can't take it anymore, then ok, you aren't going to hell or anything. But, that means you will have to come back until you learn what you were here to learn. Trying to work your way through your difficult experiences here may be exactly the reason why you are here. If you deny yourself of these difficult experiences, your learning may be incomplete.

I have had the thoughts you have, but the things I've learned about existence and why we are here is what makes me stay and endure the difficult times. I know that If I can get through this particular human experience, and succeed, I won't have to go through it again! That means in my next life I can concentrate on other things and not have to go through this particular difficult experience again.

I can handle death. Death is simply waking up and remembering who you really are. When you die, this life will fade away just like a dream does, although the experiences and memories will always be there to draw from. What I can't handle, and what horrifies me, is giving up during this life because times are rough, and having to go through it all over again!!! At least consider this the next time you think about suicide.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I have a few question about this subject.. I am very much into suicides(I have tried to do it in the past a few times.) I wonder why people blame the suicide case when they succeed in their endeavor of suicide..

Why do people say the suicide was stupid, he could have thought of a better way. and so on and so forth, blaming the suicide for what happened.. I am curious to venture if anyone knows what its like to be on the edge of things to want to even contemplate that act? I am wondering why they wouldn't think to why the person would get to that point.. What made the person do what they did..

People say its a cowards way out, or they were being a pussy, or they gave up..

How do they know this? Do they know that living for some is way worse than going through the bullsh*t(Mods Please dont edit this.. I Cant think of anything else to put here.. Word wise.. Only other word I thought of was F.) that life gives us.. People who are generally good(look at my post history) cant understand why things go they way they go.. They feel they are useless in this life, and that nobody can give a crap less on what happens to them.. They feel it is better to not be here than go through everyday torture of living a fake life that they don't even want.. They see things are broken and there is no way to fix it. It is impossible for them to comprehend things that they can not even understand or even think of doing..

They look at life as a burden instead of a gift, They have so much pain that the thought of death is a relief rather than a problem. This is some of the reasons a suicide does what they do..

I think about suicide a couple times a day.. Honestly the only thing that keeps me here in this dark miserable life is the fact that I see a really cook sunset now and again..

The 3rd time I tried suicide I had an incident happen where I ended up talking to myself. I was told by myself that I wasn't allowed to kill myself and that I had things to do.. I told me that I would know when this would end and that i would feel that my time was up.. March was when i learned that i don't need to be here..

I don't think a suicide should be harassed and called names for an act they do.. I think people should consider why some things happen and for what reasons it came along...

Anyway...

My question states this..

Why do people think a suicide is something they are not? I am sure they were going through more torture in life to even contemplate death..

There are so many replies to this thread already so ill just add one more.

This is my view.

Who gave you your life? In the deepest sense. Why are you here? You said you enjoy the sunset. Why? Why is it cool to you? How does it speak to you? Why can the sun do this for you?

Life is full of meaning. The creator put meaning throughout it. Our purpose in life is to connect with G-d, and often the best way to do this is through encountering difficulty and hard times. These very hard time works the soul the way a heavy weight works ones muscles. You grow through, when one has the faith and determination to believe that whats happening to him has great meaning for him.

Also. dont kid yourself bud. A suicide goes to hell NOT because its some religious bigotry, but because one doesnt cease being conscious following death. Infact, the pain and suffering is much worse after death because one doesnt have the power of will, or self determination to change whats happening to him. You think youre a helpless victim in this world? WOE! i feel bad for that person who thinks suicide is a way out. Better to suffer here than take your own life. Is it a cowards way out? Its hard i can imagine, suffering. But you have to endure it. There is only one truth. and that is, youre life isnt yours. Your body isnt yours. it was a gift you were entrusted with and death and killing yourself will only place you at the whim of the very demons you sought to run away from.

As hard an answer as that is, seek G-d. Seek SPIRITUAL help. There is a way out, and thats through transmutation of the experience. One could have negative experiences which he feels haunt and torture him, but in truth he can not escape these forces, but have them work for him in his ultimate growth.

Fear is the root caus of depression. What are you fearing? G-d is everywhere, even IN your depression. Whats there to be anxious about? G-d is there too. Hes everywhere. Dont fear. The only thing to fear is not knowing that G-d is all around you.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I guess people feel so much pain when a family member or friend takes their own life a judgemental cover rests on this act. Thoes left behind question if they could have done things another way, rather than just respecting how the person chose to leave.
Maybe as a kind suggestion, the opening poster could tell those around you of these feelings. New options may open up. Give thoes around you a chance to help you.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

ThichHeaded.... I, too, suffer from cronic depression and have on several occassion sought to "End it all." As I would prepare my method of death, this voice comes into my head (my mom's voice, ironically enough) saying, "Suicide is a permenant solution to a temporary problem." And I start thinking abou the things I need to do, have to do, and should do with my life. I have only gone through with 1 attempt, and failed.

I know things seem bleak, I know they have always seemed bleak and seem to always be bleak no matter what you do. I know it feels like the only way out is to off yourself. I know, because I'm there... been there and still am there. That being said, I won't go through with it. No matter how bad it is for you, there are poeple out there who have it worse; who need YOUR help, help only YOU can give. Find a cause, any cause, and start working towards it. You will see that your life is nothing more than a drop in the pool... causing ripples into other peoples lives... effecting their lives, helping them and causing them to help others.

Think about this post in itself. Think of the lives you have touched remotely just by voicing your concerns, if you are a coward for not doing, if you are a coward for considering. Look at the responces behind your post. See how many people are here listening to your pain, trying to help, hoping that you will find a reason to live another day.

That being said, most suicides are a cry for help, a desire to find a reason to live. Are you a coward for not doing it, No, you aren't. Are those who are successful cowards? No, they aren't... they are blinded by pain, and unaware of the good they can do with their lives. I feel sorry for those, who do follow through, and more for the missed oppertunites they lost.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You are a valued person. I respect your being. Live!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have never been that close to the edge but I have seen what could drive someone to go there. My personal opinion on suicide is that we are gonna die anyways so whats the point of ending it now? As messed up as life could get there is always that challenge to yourself to keep going. Until you die anyways.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JessicaS

I like your post Jessica.. Really good thought out post..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I hope you don't mind me using your thread to promote my own

Anyone who thinks clinical depression is not a real mental disorder, please take the time to read this: Depression is NOT a Real Disorder.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thank you ThichHeaded! I hope it helps, and if you ever want to talk, I'm online... just message me.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well, i have thought of a suicide once, but then i thought of what would happen when I'm gone, and seeing all the relatives and friends I'd leave behind... well even though I am a major A-hole, i couldn't do it to them.
So then afterward i spent some days thinking and i now have a goal to reach, which is why I'm alive and well.

I would only consider suicide if you have no family and really close friends, otherwise that wouldn't be very nice to them.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Seems like everyone is just fed up with life.Either people are waiting for the world to end or contemplating suicide.

Life's harsh all over.No matter which part of the world you find yourself in.I guess u've just gotta find something worth living for and give it ur all.

It's everyones own responsibility to find something in this world that gives them joy or just moments of it.anything to keep the negative out.

Mean,this thread should have been enough for you to realize everyone is just ticked of with life,but atleast some of them are trying to find a better place.Trying to change the things that keep them unhappy.It's ur choice...u can end it now or atleast try.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
People with lacking happiness or goals feel depressed then commit suicide.

In western societies suicide is a plague because they sell us their version of happiness (plastic beauty, materialistic values, shallow attitudes ..) and keep bashing our heads with fear and bad news. Check out the music channel, it's disturbing to see the mentality of bling, cars, violence, sex ...performed by young and good looking 'artists'. It has to stop really. We need to promote things like family joys, the beauty of simple things like a beautiful sunset or even a good meal!

People living in developing countries dont have this suicide problem because they are not poisoned by this brainwashing. TV doesn't educate them. They have next to nothing, even tapwater is a luxury and they can never fathom the idea of killing themselves!

Take example, be stronger than the poison and live to enjoy the gifts life has to give. The real challenge of life is to find a solution to your problems. Go out, work, socialize and find your sanctuary. Don't give up and don't think that suicide is the solution, you will only find yourself in a much much worse situation.

edit on 7-11-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well, you are beautiful, you remind me if my son, some of us are melancholy, but even in that there is beauty.

He is a singer and musician and he expresses his thoughts and emotional pain through his poetry and songs, although they are sad, they are still beautiful,

Who is to say what is normal?

No, no, go not to Lethe, neither twist
Wolf's-bane, tight-rooted, for its poisonous wine;
Nor suffer thy pale forehead to be kiss'd
By nightshade, ruby grape of Proserpine;
Make not your rosary of yew-berries,
Nor let the beetle, nor the death-moth be
Your mournful Psyche, nor the downy owl
A partner in your sorrow's mysteries;
For shade to shade will come too drowsily,
And drown the wakeful anguish of the soul.
But when the melancholy fit shall fall
Sudden from heaven like a weeping cloud,
That fosters the droop-headed flowers all,
And hides the green hill in an April shroud;
Then glut thy sorrow on a morning rose,
Or on the rainbow of the salt sand-wave,
Or on the wealth of globed peonies;
Or if thy mistress some rich anger shows,
Emprison her soft hand, and let her rave,
And feed deep, deep upon her peerless eyes.

She dwells with Beauty - Beauty that must die;
And Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips
Bidding adieu; and aching Pleasure nigh,
Turning to poison while the bee-mouth sips:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine,
Though seen of none save him whose strenuous tongue
Can burst Joy's grape against his palate fine;
His soul shall taste the sadness of her might,
And be among her cloudy trophies hung.

Keats

Can one find joy in sorrow and embrace it?

Thinking about it, suffering and deep emotions seem to be found in many creative people.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
When I hear someone label a person who committed suicide a coward or a weakling, to me it means that suicide is so easy that a weakling could do it. It doesn't require bravery to go through with it because a coward isn't brave.

If this were true, then not only would suicide happen more because it's so easy to do, not only would suicide happen more because bravery is touted as being something rare and to be celebrated across the media, which suggests that almost everyone is a coward, but it also suggests that someone who cannot commit suicide is weaker than a weakling, and far more cowardly than a coward, because they couldn't do what a coward did.

I'm not condoning suicide with this post. I consider it a bad decision. But It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who can override the instinctual need to survive, the part of us that is inherently built into every living thing, is called a weakling and a coward. They are far from a hero, but it just can't be a cowardly act.

And no, I'm not suicidal. Nor should this argument be used as some kind of rationalization to think it's ok. But taking one's own life cannot be cowardly. It can only be crazy (like a dead person cares). Unless that person knows something we don't, which quite possibly may be the case, but we will unfortunately never know.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Life sucks...and then you die. The point is that EVERYBODY feels useless and depressed and unhappy at times. In fact, moments of true happiness are few and far between. The problem I have with suicides is dependant on where they come from. For most people living in North America, life is good. This is truly the land of opporunity, where you can work your nine to five and then shut yourself away from the world if that is what makes you content. Suicides are usually simply not content with what they have, and it's because so many others seem to have so much more. But these are simply material things, unimportant in the grand scheme of the universe. Happiness does not come from "fitting in", nor does it come with money and objects. True happiness comes from learning to feel comfortable with who and what you are. You don't have to live and fake life, and anybody who tells you differently is simply unable to grasp the concept of standing up straight and being proud for being you.

The World owes you nothing. You owe yourself, and to give up on life because it's too hard is something I cannot fathom. Yes, existance on this planet is definatley not the easiest thing in the world but LIFE is the most natural, innate thing that there is. Find contentment wherever you can...cease dwelling on the negative, for it is an anchor. Instead, focus on the positive things around you, even if they are few and far between. Suicide is a selfish act, because it does not just affect the individual who does the deed. Anybody who cared about that person is forever changed and scarred by the loss. Those left behind inevitably blame themselves, either for somthing they did or something they failed to do. And those people carry that personal hell around with them for the rest of their natural lives.

GtkP

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join