It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malevolent or Benevolent? The BIG Alien question...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EHowardHuntClub
In Regards the Extra Terrestrial Alien Issue:
My training shows that things don't ever happen without a reason:
If Aliens are visiting Earth then they are here for a reason.
What reason, benevolent or malevolent?
Why would you come all the way to Earth?
There are no special Minerals here. Gold, Silver, Uranium, Water, everything, -it's all over the Universe-and in much greater quantities that are easier to access all over the place.
Technology? Obviously they have greater technology if they got here in the first place.
Interest in Human Civilization or Politics?
Not likely, we aren't that Interesting for what we have made for Ourselves.
Geography? Maybe, the Earth is the prime-est of Real Estate(Stable, Fertile, Beautiful, and Renewable). A living Island in the middle of nowhere makes a good port-of-call.
As far as "taking" it from us?
They could have done that long ago if they wanted to.
A way station on the way to bigger and better things?
Very likely. The United States never conquers anyone. We Liberate them, solely to keep trouble makers out, so that we don't have to keep reconquering them, or so we don't empower the other enemies that they could benefit by their servitude. Why conquer and occupy (Vietnam), when you can liberate and consolidate by proxy?(Germany).
They may not like us as much as they hate their enemies, that also have no regard for us.
Food Stuffs-Human? Not likely. We are contaminated with Microbes, Viruses, Reactive Chemicals and Pollutants. We take too long to gestate to harvest as Livestock, and are unmanageable and dangerous in the long and short run.
Slaves or Indentured Servants?
No, more like Contract Workers. This is our "Competitive Advantage". Human bodies are uniquely adept at performing highly skilled labor in wildly adverse conditions. Not just in Gravity environments, but also; Zero Gravity, Deep-Sea, High-Velocity, Wide Temperature ranges, and just about any condition you can think of.
Oxygen and some warmth and pressure, along with moderate Hydro-Carbonic food calories, and we function incredibly productive for a long time. Loyalty, high-level reasoning, rapid learning, and a desire to work for purely material-wealth make for some extremely advantageous employees.
Conclusion:
At Worst; the Earth is just a Cosmic "Vietnam". The Cosmic "Americans" are here solely to keep out self-serving forces that we can't defend against, or even understand the reason why we should defend against them in the first place. While they are here, they are gainfully "Assisting", but not so invested in us that if we fail to adhere to minimal standards of civilization they won't "Bug Out" and focus their material efforts somewhere else, allowing us to fall prey to others.
At Best; There is no space-bound danger, just a willingness by Aliens to embrace Humans as an promising-emerging culture and race, and are eager to utilize Humans as a positive force in a developing part of an intelligent and expanding known Universe.

Some very good points you have made but i will add one very important source they could be well interested in, hopefully for benevolent agendas and that is could they be drawn here and have a real vested interest in the one thing that we all have, OUR SOULS;

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I reffer you to the 2000+ nuke tests and billions of tons of other sundry pollutants we've damaged our world with, I think your postulation was not only a good one but that we might already be using the strategy against, to the general public, an unknown enemy.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
i have said it before i will say it again......

IF evolution is the driving force in the universe, then Survival of the fittest comes in to play.....

Why do people think survival of the fittest would not conitinue on a galactic or universal scale? IF it is the force driving life in the whole universe then

we should be afraid ......... very afraid ................

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Part of me thinks that it is pointless to assign human ethical labels to alien races. If in fact they are here mucking around in our business or their business
as things may indicate, then I would say they are probably self serving and don't equate us as equals but rather livestock or less. This would equate us basically to bacteria in a petri dish and treat us with a sense of indifference.

I believe they are more scientists than conquerors who are monitoring us for reasons that will better their knowledge base and solve their alien agenda what ever that may be.

Its most likely in their best interest to keep the earth as stable as possible, keep the people relatively pacified by blending and flowing as participant observers or secret stealthy operatives.

I wonder how much influence they have with how we are conditioned from childhood. It seems that the bulk of humanity is so blissfully distracted and only a small percentage has some idea of what is going on around them. The Matrix touched on it through Simulation and Simulacra, where symbols and simulations become the dominant narratives that occupy our minds. Maybe the concept of money itself is an introduced alien concept. We are conditioned to pursue it without question and firmly believe that time is money. It occupies plenty of our time and energy. Who knows. When you're dealing with alien agendas that are.... well alien.

I get the sense that they are responsible for overseeing us in a large sense. Kinda like "Don't let the fire go out", or "Shut the barn door at night", or "Keep the gate closed or the livestock will get out" Individually they could care less about us.
edit on 7-11-2010 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I haven't had a chance to view the movie yet, but "human peanut butter" LOL SnF

Bad aliens- will befriend us first.
Good aliens- will get pissed at that.
An alien war will start- good against evil.
When earth and inhabitants are compromised to a tilting point, watch out!
After all humans are in bunkers or corralled inside the containment camps, the aliens will neutralize all weaponry.
This is where the angels step in to abolish the alien war, thus minimizing the worldwide destruction (I hope)

Aliens, good (the observers) and bad (the abductors) must have a conscious agenda, or we would have been harvested or enslaved many moons ago. At any rate, the planet is ripe for the picking.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
When we discovered the North Americans, that was the first time we had encountered another lesser advanced civilisation, hence we exploited them.

A space faring civilisation with the technology to travel between the stars have more than likely came across different species of intelligent and non intelligent beings.

They properly have everything they need already, we dont have anything to offer them, in terms of technology.

If we are the first species they discover then i would be a little worried, its a big oppurtunity for a highly advanced race, a beutifull planet which supports life, and is full of natural food, might be very tempting.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EHowardHuntClub
The United States never conquers anyone. We Liberate them

Could this be why we're being bombarded with conspiracy theories about secret cabals and obscure religions "actually" being in control of Earth, so that when "they" do arrive and promptly kill or remove the elite "they" can claim it was a liberation from a Paedo Satanist cult, but our star bro's are finally here to save us as was foretold in the true myths.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I might also add that we are suggesting aliens behave on a human level.

Who says aliens have thoughts or emotions?

Aliens could well be AI, biomechanical machines.

Aliens could have been brought into a world with no war, with no fighting.

And again some aliens might have been, but i tend to think, the more violent species wont reach a level of high technology, beucase they properly have more than likely wiped themselves out before reaching that level of tech.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
They properly have everything they need already, we dont have anything to offer them, in terms of technology.

Unless OUR genetic makeup, emotional responses, biological, spiritual, physiology and overall potential is the technology or more aptly their technology. Then the game significantly changes.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Thanks for the spoiler warning on this thread...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Firstly, why would Aliens come here to take over the planet for resources?
There are asteroids out there 1/1,000,000th the size of Earth with more resources in them than the whole of this planet. Why go through all the effort of invading a planet, expending resources to conquor a populated world that has minimal value, when there are far better "un-populated places out there that would not be a major headache to harvest?

Secondly, Slaves.... Seriousely...wtf?!!?
Why wait all this time and let the planets population evolve to a point where they would have a mojor fight on their hands? If they were going invade & enslave us, they would have done it in the 15th, 16th, 17th or centuries, when we were still quite primitive.
Though we're still pretty primitive by their standards, they could still smack us about quite a bit, but we are growd up enuf to know that these beings aren't gods from the heavens. If they were going to enslave us, they would have done it at a time when we would have worshiped them and willingly allowed ourselves to be the servents of the Gods.

Thirdly, all this stuff about aliens controlling the Govt'.. Why would they bother?
If either of the first two statements are true, they still have the capability to come here and do what ever the hell they please. Why sneak round in the shadows and control the government when they could just as easily land on the Whitehouse lawn and say "we're taking over, just get over it already".., "Do what your told or else"..!!

Forthly, we;re a resource in its self... for food and genetic material?
Dunno' bout that one, I've never tried "the other white meat", myself...

But could we stop them if they wanted to open a galactic Diner on the moon and serve us up in a 100 wonderful ways? And if they want our genetic material for cloning or theur own survival.. all they need to do is ask?

Nearly every scenario that Aliens could be hostile to us can be answered in one word... "WHY"? Why would they try to hide their presence from us, they don't really have to, they can kick our butts any time they want, for any reason they want.

So are Aliens hostile or friendly...

Well, most of the same can be said if they turn out to be nice guys too. No reason to hide.

If they want us to stop destroying our environment, they could just as easily drop in on us and tell us to stop or they'll spank us. If they want to help us save our world, it would be much easier comming down and confronting us and telling us what we're doing wrong.

I could understand them wanting to keep hidden if they are studying us and thus not wanting stuff-up their research by revealing themselves.

Personally, I don't think they are either hostile or friendly. I just think they don't give a crap about what we think...lol

This planet Earth is just a huge version of the truman show..

edit on 11/7/2010 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought though that we could be at roughly the same technological advancement as our nearest ET's? That would for sure make the 'If they wanted to blow us up they would have already' theory a load of BS right? How do we know that they haven't seen us with there satellites and other exploration gear and are trying to get the tech to wipe us out as we speak? And how do we know it isn't vice versa? NASA for all we know may have found proper civilization on Mars and are trying to develop tech to harvest there resources?

So many questions with no answers

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Malevolent or Benevolent? The BIG Alien question...,

Here is my view about that Springer.

Not long ago the brilliant Stephen Hawking predicted that the likely intentions of any visitors would not be to "save humanity" from itself or, enlighten us with amazing new technologies, rather, it would be take our resources, all of them, including US.

No doubt that Stephen Hawkings is a brilliant man and I always had a great respect for his wonderful work, views and thoughts, but that great respect for him got a pretty big blow because of what he said here.

"We don't appear to have been visited by aliens," Hawking said, adding that he discounts reports of UFOs. "Why would they only appear to cranks and weirdoes?"

www.space.com...

Malevolent or Benevolent? The BIG Alien question.

The basis for this hypothesis, for the most part, is based on human history. When our early explorers came across a new found (to them) civilization they typically over powered them, enslaved them and stole their gold. In some cases (commercial slavery) they "stole" the people and hauled them back to their homeland to be sold as slaves to that population.

I don't know about you but I find it a little hard to assign despicable, early human behavior to what would have to be a very technologically advanced species/race of beings. Humanity has gotten beyond this deplorable behavior (for the most part) because we realized that it is not only "wrong" (another human construct), it just isn't practical or effective.

Going in a destroying/stealing the resources of new found territories, especially the human resources, leaves you with a one time gain. After your first haul there is nobody left to continue producing the resource. If you make peace with the new founders you have the opportunity for trade (both ways) and a continued supply chain for the resources you covet.

A civilization that has advanced to the point of inter stellar travel would have gone through a similar evolution and learning curve if one can assume that intelligent life on any other planet would probably evolve as it has here on Earth. I know that's a stretch but, we are talking about something we have absolutely NO data on, so it's just likely as not.

There is in my opinion already enough information available, from which I did conclude that they “ETs” are already here and as it seems more and more clearer to me even for a very long time.

And especially because of what you say above, I am convinced that there is no doubt a very real possibility that there are hostile beings out there.
I am in fact even convinced that we have already to deal with such beings here.

As an example of why I do believe that some of them who are already here are hostile, is here some info about that in a thread of Kandinsky.
Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares, 1977

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But one can find other cases of such behavior in the abduction [definitly not all] and cattle mutilation phenomenon.

So I am convinced that some of our visitors are indeed Malevolent to us but that very luckily some of them are also definitely Benevolent to us.
And I think that the ones that are Benevolent to us are far out the most powerful, because otherwise we were most likely already doomed or experienced in a way the same destruction/problems as you describe above.
Even most of the UFO/UAP encounters which did happen during the last decades show that they are mostly not hostile.

There's a whole universe out there we know very little or nothing about.
The odds are we aren't the only ones living in its vastness, who else is out there and what do they eat for dinner?

Springer...

The odds are as far as I am concerned already set in motion.

Interesting thread Springer.

edit on 7/11/10 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I believe, if there is a war with humans and aliens and we manage to succeed in wining, what will become the significance of "the meaning of life" ?. What makes life bearable is one another. Will it be one another between humans or one another between worlds ?.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
That's the problem, answers, we don't have enough answers to our questions regarding aliens. Everything we imagine them to be like is probably miles from the truth. For all we know they might be only one inch tall, ha ha ha.
I think if they were out there and were even thinking about our resources or even considering us as tasty future meals then they would of done something by now. As other people have said- going by our history us humans are more likely to endanger them than them us.

Peace

Sequentis

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hi springer
There are benevolent and malevolent ETs. Not malevolent as if they want to hurt us, malevolent as they believe we are a threat. Some are even protecting us while others just watching how things go. I've had an abduction experience (or I what think it was) and from what I remember, we as human beings are really important to them, for what purpose I don't know.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
As a human being I'm taught from birth about the social structure of society, how property (money, clothes, car, house, garden) defines a human being's place in society along with education, spouse, children, the job and position in a business. These things would be very rather unimpressive to aliens in their spaceships.

Setting those social structures aside and looking at humanities arts (painting, sculpting) I don't believe they would be very impressed with the Mona Lisa. Maybe they would like a human make a portrait out of them (as a parent would love to have their childrens drawings) or some other masterpiece but I guess their arts would have evolved to some interstellar painting in space we humans can only look at in awe.

Moving on to the knowledge humanity has gathered, this pales in comparison to the vast databanks any advanced civilization would have and means of gathering and analyzing the information. If anything they would have a century of humans' work done in a day.

Looking at our resources, there's a planet made out of diamond just a stretch away. There's frozen water floating all about in space. I'm sure there's planets made out of stuff they need. Why would they want what's on ours when they can take it anywhere without much hassle.

That leaves us at our physical bodies, the only thing they might have some use for. I imagine they would create these stations around their spaceships and assign human beings to them so they can operate the stations, but for them those controls would just be like toys, the ship operates and repairs itself but that way we humans would feel better if we thought we actually did anything, reporting to eachother about various sensor outputs.

Ofcourse there is the logical reasoning they would take just a few of us, train and educate those so they could heal humanities trauma's and advance technology. After all it makes sense humanity would one day "share the neighbourhood" with other civilizations and by educating us we would be on our best behaviour once we would be out in space encountering other life.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There are probably many different races of aliens all with different intentions.

At least some of the ones that have been here have proven themselves to be nasty little critters. They abduct. They do painful experiments. They mess with memories. They dont' seem to care at all. It's like we are a giant science experiment.

Gone are the days of old, when a different race of aliens visited and gave the Mayans information to help them. But even before they were here ... WAY BACK .. there were nasty aliens that messed with genetics ... (Summerian texts).

For the most part, it looks like the nice ones that stopped by now and then have stopped coming and we are stuck with the nasties. Even lil' grey vermin. And yes ... I'd shoot 'em if they came near me. Shoot 'em before they give me one of their famous anal probes etc ...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
just my thaught on the topic. but if you believe that they have been here for a very very long time, possibly since the begining of human history. then they would have had many opportunities in which to take over and exploit us for our resources. maybe they already have and we havnt noticed it yet.
but, i believe that their true purpose for being here is to wait until the end times, where they will either defend or destroy humanity. i believe, just from reading around the internet and bible, that there are the good "aliens" and the bad "aliens". these aliens i now believe to be todays translations for angels of the past.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

First I'd like to start by working on this idea by firemoon about the god spot.
Lets assume that nearly all religions do have snippets of information about beings 'coming from above'
Lets think about the nephylim lets think about angels lets think about the question of genetic engineering from adams rib to create eve. Lets think about the sumerian clay tablets and the fact that the planets are described correctly, the mayan, aztech, chinese and egyptian pyramids and their alignments to the stars, stone henge.

Religion and Space are mysteriously intertwined in the history of humanity.

If anyone needs more info on this it can be found here:
www.halexandria.org...

www.earth-history.com...

Ok so lets assume that much scripture, and knowledge about the birth of humanity came from aliens for arguments sake. If they set themselves up as our gods, which in effect they were, because they made us, then it would stand to reason that they know something of 'god'.

Imagine if we humans went to mars, set up habitable living arrangements and used technology to create a human crossbreed with some other animal. We could take care of them in this 'garden of eden' until they got on their feet and then when they had it running just about ok, or rather well depending on how you decide to do it, we could just disappear leaving them with only the memories of the ones who siad they had come from above and then proved it by leaving to go back to 'heaven'.

Its the knowledge of the truth of creation of who the creator or 'god' is that drives the 'god spot', its important to remeber this.

So if the aliens created us, the big question has to be, who created them? and if they, like us, don't truely know then they may just have exactly the same 'god' problem we do.

I think its very likely that one day we will mimic our creation story elsewhere in the vain hope that it will reveal something about the mystery of the universe and the creator, by creating you get to see the whole story unfold, unfortunately for the aliens I dont think we've been much help... Unless for example we have a better link than they do to the Astral Plain, if occult practices have arisen here that truely give the practitioner power, then this may have proved more usefull an experiment than any of us know.

Benevolent or at least Neutral is the way of god, is it not? hmmm, but then it does say he will punnish the wicked, if this scripture is taken at face value we are left thinking that 'god' (the aliens) do have the capability to be malevolent to at least the people they consider to be 'evil'. On the other hand this scripture orders us to behave well and not like animals to respect and love one another... Could this point to an Alien Philosophy akin to that of being a hippie? If so we can only imagine we need not fear our maker.

Second point.
Gold. Somebody mentioned that they could if they wanted mine what they need on uninhabited planets, but the real question is what is there here that there is not else-where.
Id like to posit that it has been well documented for some time that gold is being driven off earth.
investorshub.advfn.com...
just to add something to the mix.
good thread stars and flags.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: spelling

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join