It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malevolent or Benevolent? The BIG Alien question...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'd like to think with the sheer size of the universe and even lowest mathematical workings of the percentage of possibility of intelligent life in the universe, there would/will be a fair share of Malevolent, Benevolent and "Other" species.

Which will we meet first? Well i guess we will have to wait and see....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I think they want our souls. Why go around abducting people in the middle of the night. Christian scripture says that if some one has to do things under cover of darkness, they aren't of the light. I've read that they don't like the light. It's a no brainer really. Malevolent.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hi Springer, i don't think you can easely divide the alien intent into two camps. Good or bad.

The way i see it is there like us with same fears egos and emotion and its more of there not gonna kill the species (us) but abduction is ok. There could even be a riches scheme where by they are given benifits for serving there race better.

So are they good or bad, neither they can be both.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Let's assume aliens are real and here. (Personally I believe they are)

They would have already been so technologically advanced as a race they would have lost emotions. And no they wouldn't come looking for a snack because I'm sure they are far advanced to even require food. I'm sure they would have some crazy contraption to absorb energy into their bodies by harvesting solar energy or something... - but back to my main point. No emotions. That being said, them abducting us and experimenting on us would be like us uprooting a plant to do research upon said plant. No emotions for the plant, just science.

I also believe as I seen someone mention earlier in this thread that they will reveal themselves when we reach a technological advancement. I believe they are waiting for us to become a new world order. It explains the secrecy. It explains why our government strives so hard to achieve one. When we become a new world order they will reveal themselves.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Does our technological advancements make us any kinder than the primative people of this planet?
Well, I don't think it makes the aliens any wiser either.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Man, hate to be hardball with this one. I know there's a lot of passion in the "discovery". Exploration's always been in the blood. But if I happen to see some triangle, weird looking aircraft shooting missiles down out of the sky, I'm pointing my finger at that new hanger at Area 51. That's the only thing alien I'd admit to. I've got quite a few tax dollars riding on that project. I guess we'll get to see what it is soon enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadtoad
Does our technological advancements make us any kinder than the primative people of this planet?

Evolution suggests that once a level of technology exists within a species that the need to evolve for the given enviroment cease. We create our enviroment to fit our needs ergo evolution of technology.

So aliens with a huge technology leap would be no more intelliegent than there relatives for as long as there technology existed.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by 59demon

I wasn't saying we are not enslaveable, just doesn't seem efficient to me with unlimited technological power under your belt. I guess the real question is what do we do that nothing else could or that a machine cannot replicate? With the vastness of the universe I just don't buy it, sorry.
edit on 11/6/2010 by AnteBellum because: clarif

Maybe but have you considered that this advanced technology could have the means to in salve easily and with affective means right away.That beam of light in the movie could be a metaphor for slavery mind control, why, because of a possible need to pacify and make it a whole lot quicker and easier to invade. Pacify a species through mind control then you control that species, take a look at the world today, its happening or has happened in a subliminal crude way with politics and religions and the justifications of losing more freedoms from the terrorist fear perceptions encouraged by the PAB , fear is a massive tool in pacifying a populace through justifications of freedom losses
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: point hight light

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
it would depend on how et would evolve, level of tech, and who shows up first.

i am surprised no one mentioned a type of parasitic alien, one driven on instinct to plant its eggs and reproduce.
since earthly references are being used, parasitic organisms are commonplace here on earth, the same could be true throughout the universe.

mentioning earthly references, even though we are a very advance race, we are still driven by instinct to live, reproduce and assure our well being, i believe a alien race would be the same. (that are of this plane at least)

until a race can make a type of replicator, no physical resource (gold, water) is infinite, we need water to live, and gold for electronics.
edit on 7-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadtoad

I have no problem with the perception that any species with advanced technology cannot retain advanced intelligence also.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ive seen some commercials for this movie on TV lately, I plan to go and see it when it comes out.

If Aliens do plan to take over the earth, why have they not done this already..? What would they be waiting for?
Daily we are using the resources from the earth, would aliens not want to take over the earth quickly so we would stop using resources?

Thanks for the thread, its made me think about the intentions that aliens might have.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Should a person wants another one harmed, enslaved or dead, he need not lift his finger to do the job. Proxies can be hired to do so on their behalf, more so for the rich and powerful.

Perhaps you may want to consider the possibility that 'aliens had already taken over our planet', to profit from their aims and not just today or in the future but in our past centuries till now and into the future through their proxies?
edit on 7-11-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantumdragon
until a race can make a type of replicator, no physical resource (gold, water) is infinite, we need water to live, and gold for electronics.

I would think if you can travel outside the 3d dimensions that we are in, you must be able to make a replicator, and do things like cloning etc...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I don´t think the ET´s really need to take over or enslave us for our resources. It´s more viable for them to sit back and watch us destroy ourselves and then take whatever they may need. I also think that it would be highly unlikely an `advanced race´ would be meat eaters.

There´s alot going on in the world - but there has always been. People need to concentrate on giving more love and respecting the next person, not being concerned whether a `fanged bug eyed brain eating being´ has them on the menu.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
I also think that it would be highly unlikely an `advanced race´ would be meat eaters.

what makes our brain tic so good, ummm protein. best source on planet earth, would be meat.
some plants are a good source of protein,but on earth they are few and far between, nuts, beans. that's all i can think off hand.

mainstream science says that when we started cooking our meat, we ate more of it and our brains grew because of it.

I think predators are more likely to become space fairing. (benevolent or not) predators must work together for a common goal, and that is to feed, plant eaters only have to find food. i don't know about other planets, but on earth, plants just don't jump up and run when it is about to get eaten.

Originally posted by andy1033
I would think if you can travel outside the 3d dimensions that we are in, you must be able to make a replicator, and do things like cloning etc...

i have not a clue on how replicators would help traveling through/beyond space-time, except to make fuel.

although i like physics i am no mean a expert or amateur.

beside to have unlimited reach through the universe/multiverse, that could make a species very egotistic.
edit on 7-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: added content

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
very interesting thread , my thoughts on this is that just maybe were being telepathicaly manipulated right now by beings from another world , in our thoughts and minds and maybe thats why we created the word god just maybe these aliens are what we call god . things happen and we call them miracles maybe everything we do or think is being sent to us through a spiritual gateway and we dont know it . if this is infact turns out to have any truth then i believe that beings from other worlds are loving caring species , who seem to always bring people to our help and need . i dont believe in coincidences i believe everything that happens for a reason . for instance how many lives have been saved by people being there at the right time ? maybe they were told by thought control . i believe these aliens have adapted to use much more of there brains than we have , knowing we only use 5percent of ours , we ourselves will one day start to use much more of our brains and become telepathic ourselves . arent there people out there now who have this psycic powers ? loive and peace to u all

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Benevolent- especially because of species variation.

I think that any species advanced enough to travel here and interfere in our affairs probably isnt very war-like. If it was, the species would have obliterated itself through the power of various different weapons on its home planet. I personally feel there is some sort of Galactic United Nations, and the Earth is subject to a sort of 'stimulus' plan.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
maybe this is how it works , aliens created life on earth for there entertainment like we enjoy watching a movie they get from us the same entertainment , for instance once u gather all the wisdom of your perceived life and what u think lifes all about suddenly life becomes lonely to u and boring because u are full of knowing because of your intellect . well what would u then do ? you would get a new hobby . maybe aliens dont have our emotions and feelings maybe they enjoy watching us feeling our vibes , maybe when people have sightings of ufo,s there meant to see as it impacts there lives makes them stronger willed knowing theres life out there . maybe aliens created life on this planet for there entertainment and pleasure as a gardener grows plants and flowers . if they were hostile im sure they would of taken over earth by now , or maybe they all ready have control our us by our thoughts control . love and peace to us all

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
In Regards the Extra Terrestrial Alien Issue:
My training shows that things don't ever happen without a reason:
If Aliens are visiting Earth then they are here for a reason.
What reason, benevolent or malevolent?
Why would you come all the way to Earth?
There are no special Minerals here. Gold, Silver, Uranium, Water, everything, -it's all over the Universe-and in much greater quantities that are easier to access all over the place.
Technology? Obviously they have greater technology if they got here in the first place.
Interest in Human Civilization or Politics?
Not likely, we aren't that Interesting for what we have made for Ourselves.
Geography? Maybe, the Earth is the prime-est of Real Estate(Stable, Fertile, Beautiful, and Renewable). A living Island in the middle of nowhere makes a good port-of-call.
As far as "taking" it from us?
They could have done that long ago if they wanted to.
A way station on the way to bigger and better things?
Very likely. The United States never conquers anyone. We Liberate them, solely to keep trouble makers out, so that we don't have to keep reconquering them, or so we don't empower the other enemies that they could benefit by their servitude. Why conquer and occupy (Vietnam), when you can liberate and consolidate by proxy?(Germany).
They may not like us as much as they hate their enemies, that also have no regard for us.
Food Stuffs-Human? Not likely. We are contaminated with Microbes, Viruses, Reactive Chemicals and Pollutants. We take too long to gestate to harvest as Livestock, and are unmanageable and dangerous in the long and short run.
Slaves or Indentured Servants?
No, more like Contract Workers. This is our "Competitive Advantage". Human bodies are uniquely adept at performing highly skilled labor in wildly adverse conditions. Not just in Gravity environments, but also; Zero Gravity, Deep-Sea, High-Velocity, Wide Temperature ranges, and just about any condition you can think of.
Oxygen and some warmth and pressure, along with moderate Hydro-Carbonic food calories, and we function incredibly productive for a long time. Loyalty, high-level reasoning, rapid learning, and a desire to work for purely material-wealth make for some extremely advantageous employees.
Conclusion:
At Worst; the Earth is just a Cosmic "Vietnam". The Cosmic "Americans" are here solely to keep out self-serving forces that we can't defend against, or even understand the reason why we should defend against them in the first place. While they are here, they are gainfully "Assisting", but not so invested in us that if we fail to adhere to minimal standards of civilization they won't "Bug Out" and focus their material efforts somewhere else, allowing us to fall prey to others.
At Best; There is no space-bound danger, just a willingness by Aliens to embrace Humans as an promising-emerging culture and race, and are eager to utilize Humans as a positive force in a developing part of an intelligent and expanding known Universe.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

FIrst, I want to address the thread topic. Personally, I don't/won't trust any of "them". Heck, I don't trust our own species here on Earth, why would I trust a species from another part of the universe. No thank you. It would take a lot and I mean A LOT of convincing for me to believe they're my friends and they're here to help us. Perhaps you remember this:

And this:

Even the bible tell us the hybrid Nephilim ate humans. Too many sources tell us they eat humans. Thank you very much, but I will be one of the resistance runners.

Sorry, for not addressing observe50 first.

You say:

They say we are parallel such as short, tall, fat, thin, good, bad, and all different colors.

They're shapeshifters. Not all of them, but some I'm sure are. Of course they are all different colors, tall, short. whatever they want to be. Sneaky little turds. No thanks. Again, even the bible tells us they can change or appear as angels of light. Welcome to the matrix.

Also, you mention your creator. You say this:

I have been allowed by the Elders our Creator's (extremely tall Grey/whites) to have recall of them asking me to come to Earth to help the Human Race when it was time.

Is your creator a physical being? Does he/she have a name? What planet is he/she from? You say "when it is time". You're here so it must be time. Time for what? Please elaborate on your creator. Also, who/what created your creator? Seriously, you're interesting. Please tell me more.

I believe they not only want our DNA for their hybrid "work" but, also our blood for nutrition and energy and our souls for....maybe they want our souls so they can be more human? Not sure why, just know they do..IMHO. And again, even the bible tells us this. (I can supply all the bible verses if anyone wants them. The one with all my notes is upstairs right now.)

Lastly, I'm sure there are both benevolent and malevolent out there and here too. I would think there must be both, since there is a balance in the universe...yin/yang. As for me, I may want more proof they're real, but I'll stop there. Okay, they're real,,,,I'm outta here. Thanks a bunch for the post. Good subject. Made me think. Flag for you!!!
Blessings, Puzzle
BYW....I'm not a Christian, just someone that looks for truth wherever it can be found. And the bible is one source...a good one!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join