It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources to 'prophets'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I love how so called Christians label a person who may be prophetic as getting there words or visions from demons like another poster said the Bible talks about many prophetic individuals so because someone may have a gift from God your gonna label it from the devil come on, you would be the same people that said Jesus work was from devils in his day...think about it people there are and have been prophets altho i don't like to use that word.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

No but why should god give people visions to quite un important things? God's only goal to the people on this planet would be to spread faith across the planet. Not that theres going to be a evil guy born called Hister.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

The previous poster touched it a bit. When god were the one to "hand out these gifts", are they really gonna be used to predict the next loterynr? There might be some genuine seeërs out there but I havent read up on that.

The bible teaches about good VS evil, light VS dark, YHWH VS Satan. So naturally when using the bible to try and converse about one of these subjects, you're gonna be seeing alot of labeling". There must be a few criteria according to the bible for "true seeërs" to meet. One of them is that they must practice their profession in the name of YHWH. I've heard about seeërs but the only time the name of god is mentioned is when Jehovah's Witnesses are ridiculed on TV.

Hence the "labelling".
edit on 7/11/2010 by faceoff85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

1. ET contact
2. Higher self - who are intuitives? they are basically people who connect with the whole
3. Satellite to Skull technology - military playing around to their benefit of the higher agenda

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
The devil can not tell the future, psychics can NOT tell the future, only God knows the future...

So what does this do for mankind then? Let's see. If we agree that the first two items are correct then what about God?

Only God knows the future, yet mankind has free will, therefore God does not know the future unless he knows what man will decide, and thus man does not have free will.

That being the case all the dire warnings, prophecies etc are completely pointless since whatever is going to happen will happen and we can do nothing about it,

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Won't god know our choices? Therefore he CAN predict the future.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
the future is not predetermined, nobody can predict it with 100% accuracy, the best you can do is the most likely future.

you could try to guess what kind of decisions are certain people most likely to make, but such decisions can be based on a lot of things, many of which could be totally random, and therefore can't be predicted accurately.

for example:
you can't predict the lottery numbers, since they are random.
what you can do however, is to try to influence the lottery balls through magick, so that the numbers you picked are actually drawn.

and it's the same for everything, any major event that would affect the whole humanity would be based on countless factors, most of which would be unpredictable, making the event itself unpredictable accurately. it might happen, or it might happen in some alternate timeline/universe/whatever, or some important factor may change and it won't hapen at all...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Naphariel

You can only predict Possibilities and Probabilities, because of the issue of choice at the individual level. Choice changes directions in subtle ways, hence the probability and possibility.

On the world scale it is much easier to be shown trends and probabilities over a longer timeframe that have a greater chance of becoming reality. And while we may think this is also governed by choice.. which it is to a degree.. we do understand that most people are not even aware of their own moment to moment choices in each day, which makes it easier for a seer to reach a fair degree of certainty.

And if a seer's history shows that what they are shown does come to reality, then that person can be almost 100% sure of the probabilities.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Tayesin because: dyslexic typing fingers make mistakes

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
reply to post by PuterMan

Won't god know our choices? Therefore he CAN predict the future.

I think you have missed the point.

We are supposed to have free will. If God knows our choices, then they are predetermined, thus we do NOT have freewill.

For God to know the future requires that we have no choice in the matter.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The world is full of mysteries of the like that we can not even begin to comprehend. Being that as it is, in the most basic way I can put it, is that some people are "attuned" to a realm in which past, present and future are one. This is not to say that a being, demon, angel, whatever you want to call it, can not communicate information to an individual through voice, visions, or both.

To me, the real question is "why?" Why would visions of the future be presented to someone? Is it because it's supposed to be changed? I mean, if Nostro wrote of the twin towers falling, in no way was it to his benefit to make such prophecies. Obviously, the event happened anyway. . .so what was the point?

While everyone remains impressed with the "big name" prophets, we should take the time to realize that we ALL are given the insight to the future. . .we just pass them off as a tangential thought or a "what if".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join