It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gran Turismo 5 footage of Clear Night Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
techspotlight.net...

So just wanted to ask u guys. Is the night sky in this footage properly portrayed? You have to scroll down a bit to find the video. And you also have to forward the video a bit until the transition to night takes place.

can u really see THAT many stars with the naked eye, even on a clear night? And, considering there are a bunch of lights nearby, shouldn't that make the amount of stars even less?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

can u really see THAT many stars with the naked eye, even on a clear night? And, considering there are a bunch of lights nearby, shouldn't that make the amount of stars even less?

Well, it's just a game afterall.

Tis not real......
edit on 6-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
In a dark enough sky, on a clear enough night: Absolutely.

Check out the Clear Sky Chart to find some dark skies near you... A good guess is to drive about two hours away from any major population center. If you're in a big city, even thirty minutes out of th city lights will make a big difference.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I've seen the night sky look very similar to this when I've been camping in the middle of nowhere in the Mediterranean, packed with stars, with a bright band across the edge of the galaxy,
You really have to be a long way from and kind of city / lights though.

It's a really magical thing to experience.

Not my photo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4598730e7482.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Texas has some of the most beautiful night skies. We drove through it once and even with gas stations and rest stop lights around you could see everything crystal clear so long as you weren't in the city.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

considering it took over 8 years to make it better be a perfect 10. and i mean there better be not one thing wrong with this game. there have 3 forzas since the last gran turismo so waiting this long is really ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think its pretty clear what's going on here.

Its obvious that the producers of the game, in their extended research and development, have stumbled upon the location of Nibiru, and as a service to mankind, as well as to make amends for the numerous delays, decided to covertly insert the rogue planet into the once sparse sky of the game.

Now you may ask, "but didn't he say the sky was overly full of stars?" While the fact that Nibiru's location was determined and given to the public is interesting, the really juicy part is that the TPTB noticed this before the game was released and demanded more stars be added to camouflage Nibiru's location, thusly avoiding a mass panic.

Why not just remove the offending "star"? Simple. Since the sky in the game is an exact replica of that above our heads. Removing Nibiru would leave a gaping hole in the cosmos that any novice astronomer would instantly see, leading them to investigate that location in the real sky and boom, mass panic.

I'm sure I'm not the first to come to this conclusion, I just hope to God I'm not the last.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whynow

If only I did not live in hell aka LA

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
game comes out tomorrow. im off work and im getting this first thing in the morning! i know its going to be good but is it going to be great?!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
game comes out tomorrow. im off work and im getting this first thing in the morning! i know its going to be good but is it going to be great?!

What do you think so far? To me it's a good game that is exactly the same Gran Turismo's from the past with better graphics.
I still haven't seen anything 'revolutionary' about it yet though.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Let me keep it to a minimum and say its a B+ Excellent but not the AAA title I was expecting.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
reply to post by Anjin

Let me keep it to a minimum and say its a B+ Excellent but not the AAA title I was expecting.

Agreed!

I'm having a blast with it and think it's a good game but it's just not quite what I was expecting with all the years put into development.

top topics

join