It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death and revelation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
When I was younger I was under the impression that upon death you'd be granted with the gift of knowing all things.

I don't know if this is the case anymore...
-----
People who have had near death experiances.. seem changed.. mostly by their attitude towards others in becoming more kind..or re establishing themselves with some religion.

They do not seem to come back with the solusion to the AIDS epidemic...

Some researches claim that the "near death experiance" is simply a trick of the brain.. and it has been proved that doctors can simulate a religious experiance in the lab.
-----
Mediums claim that the "dead" are still concerned about us.. but that their perception has changed..as to "what's important"
----
Seems to me the afterlife is just full of people high on prozac...

... if we are granted the gift of knowing then why hasn't some mathmetician ghost scratched out the theory of everything.. on the fogged mirror in a bathroom belonging to a like mind.

Even if it were the case that we did not know all things.. but did become astral travels.. you'd still think "voices" from beyond would have something interesting to tell.

So what does happen.. what is our enviroment and how much do we know.. after death
Any opinions?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I believe their is life after death

Scientists may have claimed to simulate a religius experience but thats just a simulate

Just because scientists can screw with peoples minds dosnt prove about life after death it just proves that they can "simulate" like you say

There have been cases where people have died and have seen the people operating on them and gave an arccurate account of what was being done to them (or in 1 hospital they put a sign on a roof section inside so when people die and read it it proves it)

Also to me it seems god isnt here to solve all our earthy problems (Yet) as it would interfere with free will i guess and if u was given the Aids cure would you act on it? also it would give u money and a lot of publicity (therefor an unequal advantage in your life even tho helping millions it could throw other inventions out of balance)

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There are many cases of near death experiences whereby those who were out of the body described conversations and events that they could not possibly know about unless they actually left their body. However, scientists that harbor the bias of not being open to the idea of discarnate existence, slant their conclusions accordingly.

This is reflective of the mindset called Dialectical Materialism, which is the belief that the concept of a soul is fantasy and that nothing exists outside of the mind and body. This of course, is utter nonsense.

A classic Dialectical Materialist was Sigmund Freud. He didn't believe in spirits or the discarnate dimensions. So his whole psychological paradigm reflects this prejudice. Anyone with any extensive experience in communicating with discarnates comes to the eventual conclusion that all dreams are channeled. When we go to bed at night, our body sleeps while our mind becomes more receptive to telepathic messages which are usually cloaked in the language of symbolism.

Prejudice has distorted many scientific theories.

Regardless, scientific discoveries and innovations have been given from Spirit directly through dreams, intuition, in meditation, and from near death experiences.

However, not all the solutions are available in the discarnate dimensions. Many are working toward coming up with cures and solutions on both sides. It takes a lot of hard work and a long time.

When one crosses over, one's consciousness expands and one can learn and see many things that one cannot easily tune into or see when in the flesh.

For example, suppose you were a space engineer for NASA that worked on an innovative form of propulsion for interstellar travel. Before you died, you found that there were certain problems with your overall design. Once you crossed over, you venture over to where some advanced engineers reside on a humanoid planet that has achieved manned interstellar flight. You could then study their proven propulsion systems and learn from them. Then, you could come back to Terra and strive to telepathically influence those innovations (e.g., through flashes of insight) among your old Terran co-workers who are still in the flesh.

Scientists and engineers are influenced by discarnate scientists and engineers even though they may not be aware of it. They just feel the energy and it helps them with their work.

Whenever anyone feels an energy that helps them with their work, it comes from people in the discarnate dimensions that support their efforts.

By the way, a really good book on the subject of near death experiences is:

Saved By The Light by Dannion Brinkley.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is one of the most interesting cases.

Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist whose latest book, Light and Death, includes a detailed medical and scientific analysis of an amazing near-death experience of a woman named Pam Reynolds. She underwent a rare operation to remove a giant basilar artery aneurysm in her brain that threatened her life...

This operation, nicknamed "standstill" by the doctors who perform it, required that Pam's body temperature be lowered to 60 degrees, her heartbeat and breathing stopped, her brain waves flattened, and the blood drained from her head. In everyday terms, she was put to death...

Her remarkably detailed veridical out-of-body observations during her surgery were later verified to be very accurate. This case is considered to be one of the strongest cases of veridical evidence in NDE research because of her ability to describe the unique surgical instruments and procedures used and her ability to describe in detail these events while she was clinically and brain dead. The following is Pam Reynolds' account of her NDE in her own words.

Some Highlights from her story:
I remember seeing several things in the operating room when I was looking down. It was the most aware that I think that I have ever been in my entire life ...I was metaphorically sitting on [the doctor's] shoulder. It was not like normal vision. It was brighter and more focused and clearer than normal vision ...

"There was a sensation like being pulled, but not against your will. I was going on my own accord because I wanted to go. I have different metaphors to try to explain this. It was like the Wizard of Oz - being taken up in a tornado vortex, only you're not spinning around like you've got vertigo. You're very focused and you have a place to go. The feeling was like going up in an elevator real fast. And there was a sensation, but it wasn't a bodily, physical sensation. It was like a tunnel but it wasn't a tunnel.

"The feeling was that she wanted me to come to her, so I continued with no fear down the shaft. It's a dark shaft that I went through, and at the very end there was this very little tiny pinpoint of light that kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

"The light was incredibly bright, like sitting in the middle of a light bulb. It was so bright that I put my hands in front of my face fully expecting to see them and I could not. But I knew they were there. Not from a sense of touch. Again, it's terribly hard to explain, but I knew they were there ...

Full Story:
www.near-death.com...

NDE and Afterlife Research Main Page:
www.near-death.com...

top topics

join