It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOV 6th 8:00 AM cst- NOTHING

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

Originally posted by superluminal11

Originally posted by Whine Flu
You like men.

Actually fat women over 235lbs

Das ist nicht gut, das ist mensch schweinne dafur bin fuhrer!! ICH IST DER FUHRER!!

Really now, screw prophecies. They will probably push it to the 13th now though..

Never again use ist with Ich.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

I guess we should not be too scared. There have been many and the grid has never been totally taken down. Just some hiccups with satelites, exc. Here is a list ....

The Most Powerful Solar Flares Ever Recorded
return to SpaceWeather.com

This list is based in part on "Large Solar Flares Since 1976" compiled by IPS Radio & Space Services. The two most recent entries (Dec. 5, 2006; Sept. 7, 2005) are highlighted in red.

----------------------------------------------
Ranking Day/Month/Year X-Ray Class

1 04/11/03 X28+
2 02/04/01 X20.0
2 16/08/89 X20.0
3 28/10/03 X17.2
4 07/09/05 X17
5 06/03/89 X15.0
5 11/07/78 X15.0
6 15/04/01 X14.4
7 24/04/84 X13.0
7 19/10/89 X13.0
8 15/12/82 X12.9
9 06/06/82 X12.0
9 01/06/91 X12.0
9 04/06/91 X12.0
9 06/06/91 X12.0
9 11/06/91 X12.0
9 15/06/91 X12.0
10 17/12/82 X10.1
10 20/05/84 X10.1
11 29/10/03 X10
11 25/01/91 X10.0
11 09/06/91 X10.0
12 09/07/82 X 9.8
12 29/09/89 X 9.8
13 22/03/91 X 9.4
13 06/11/97 X 9.4
14 24/05/90 X 9.3
15 05/12/06 X 9.0
15 06/11/80 X 9.0
15 02/11/92 X 9.0

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dreaming

OK cool,

np

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
its 5 here it could still happen

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I know what happened! They were planning this massive nuclear false flag and right before they hit the button someone said...

"Wait, did you check ATS?"

"Checking now... Damn it Jim! They are on to us! Abort! Abort! Foiled AGAIN! Damn those ATSers! Arrrrgh!"

-----------
Let's just admit it guys. Anybody with a prediction needs to check their ego. You don't have special information. every time someone you know who works for some government agency asks if you are prepared for emergencies, and you just FEEL IT. You haven't been chosen by some unseen power to put two and two together and somehow unveiled a plot and now you need to save the world. What you should be looking into when you think you have a prediction is yourself. Same if you easily buy into this stuff without real evidence.

The only prediction that we all know is going to come true is that SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. You don't know when, you don't know how, and you don't know where.

So what do you do? All freaked out by something you learned and feel like you need to do something? Listen to yourself. It's you telling yourself that you are not prepared for a basic emergency. I used to feel this way too - before I was prepared. Then I prepared and it was a weird shift in the way I felt about things. I actually am looking forward to that something happening now, and I can relax in my day to day activity. You will too once you have your basic emergency plans in place. Just be prepared for anything at any time.

Emergency plans are more so you can relax and live your life and not freak out about every new doom you learn about. You need to know that you will know what to do when you don't know what is gonna happen.

Sure the unknown is scary, but be ready for it, and BRING IT ON!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow, is this going to be a long boring ridiculous thread complaining about a long boring ridiculous thread??

Damn, and I just added to it

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
what does that even mean?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11
Daily Mail article....today... warns of solar flare health risk.....it is equivalent of hundreds of exrays bombarding your body if you fly during a solar storm- flare activity.

Airline frequent fliers 'radiation poisoning risks' from space 'solar flare' storm activity
Airline frequent fliers are at greater risk of developing long term radiation poisoning from “solar space storms” or flare activity from the Sun, a new study warns.

By Andrew Hough
Published: 10:00PM GMT 05 Nov 2010

49 Comments

Previous1 of 3 ImagesNext
Experts warned passengers could be subjected to increasing risk to cancer due to such radiation levels. Photo: CORBIS The Sun's power is getting stronger and is expected to peak by 2013. Photo: NASA/REUTERS
NASA satellites monitoring solar flares. Communications could be downed by such space activity. Photo: NASA
Researchers found passengers faced the “hazard” of space radiation, which created unhealthy levels of exposure while flying at “typical cruise altitudes” of 40,000 feet.

Experts warned passengers could be subjected to increasing risk to cancer due to such radiation levels.

Related Articles
Solar flares: everything you need to know
Nasa discoveries: the US space agency's most thrilling headlines and pictures
Space nuclear attack 'risk'
Solar flare threat to Britain
'Solar tsunami' may hit earth
Solar storm hits Earth Nasa scientists believe the earth is facing danger from a once-in-a-century “solar flare”, a disturbance on the Sun's surface that could cause geomagnetic storms on this planet.

One in the mid-19th century blocked the nascent telegraph system and many scientists believe another is overdue.

Researchers from the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Oxon, warned that the electrical grid, computers, telephones, transportation, water supply and food production faced “huge disturbances” from space storms.

Their vulnerability is also blamed on humans’ “creeping dependency” on modern technology. For example there are about 4.9 billion mobile phone “connections” every month.

Scientists found aircrew were “the major occupation group” most exposed to the Sun’s radiation with passengers also at risk from the phenomenon.

Because the sun’s radiation levels had been reasonably low for the past century, its strengthening power in the coming few years would create new health problems.

“Space radiation is a hazard not only to the operation of modern aircraft but also to the health of aircrew and passengers,” said the study, titled Space weather and its impact on Earth – implications for business.

“Radiation from space can reach the Earth’s atmosphere and create extra radiation exposure for people travelling on aircraft at typical cruise altitudes (40,000 feet).

“The radiation risk to passengers is usually much less than that for aircrew since most passenger spend less time in the air (and) the radiation doses accumulate with time in flight, especially at cruise altitudes.”

The study, published by Lloyds of London, the insurance market, added: “However, frequent fliers whose time in the air approaches that of aircrew are equally at risk. There is, as yet, no legal framework for handling such risks.”

During one “major space weather event”, in October 2003, the FAA issued a formal warned that all routes north and south of 35 degree latitude “were subject to excessive radiation doses” and the researchers said further airline disruption was almost certain.

In 1990 such health risks to aircrew were recognised by the International Commission on Radiological Protection with EU-based aircrew classified as radiation workers in 2000. Most airlines now monitor levels during safety assessments.

Prof Mike Hapgood, the head of the Laboratory’s Space Environment Group, who led the study, told The Daily Telegraph that a person flying from London to the US West Coast would receive extra radiation levels to that given from an chest x-ray, which is fairly low.

But Prof Hapgood, who will give evidence to MPs next week, said that during a big solar storm radiation levels would sharply spike, with a passenger on a long haul flight being exposed to the equivalent of dozens of x-rays at once.

“There is an increased risk of cancer,” said Prof Hapgood, who undertakes scientific research into “near-Earth space” activity.

“People would be sensible to think about kind of work they do, how much flying they do and what risk that poses. I don’t think that is unreasonable.”

The Lloyds study urged business to “plan accordingly” and develop safeguards against the event.

The researchers found “vulnerable” and unprepared British firms could be hit with “widespread disruption”.

Between five and 10 per cent of critical infrastructure is government owned and business understanding on the subject was “patchy”, which left many facing uncertainty.

A power grid or satellite breakdown would leave a multi-million pound cost to the economy as solar flares trigger “cascading failures across systems”.

“Because space weather affects major global systems… a very severe outbreak presents a systematic risk,” the report said.

The Daily Telegraph disclosed in September that ministers fear the electricity grid, financial networks and transport infrastructure could be paralysed by a solar flare or a nuclear attack.

Such an event would be similar to the recent volcanic ash cloud disruption to airline travel or the chaos caused by the recent bouts of snowy weather, which left a multi-billion pound bill to firms.

The researchers cited a Quebec power grid failure in 1989 which, following a magnetic storm, caused it to shutdown, leaving five million people without electricity during the winter for more than nine hours and left a damage bill of more than C$2billion (£1.23 billion).

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Originally posted by Whine Flu
You like men.

Actually fat women over 235lbs

Nice!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To bad nothing happened....

Still, we don't have to wait to long for the next doomsday date..

According the webbot the next one is november 14th...

Let's get it on with the new prediction threads....

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

Ahh I see, never again shall I use them together. As for the translator, nah. I'm just learning a bit of german aside from Russian, so I see if I can put together a simple sentence occasionally. There was no point to it

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
lmao, while people here on ATS are paranoid and freaking out about something "big" happening Michelle Obama is dancing and singing xD Doomsday is gonna come like a thief in the night, not when people who are in other regions of the world through a computer screen tell you, dont be so naive.
edit on 6-11-2010 by latinoprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Hey Kahn I think its legit, but about this 6 Nov thing does the timewavezero chart realy go down because a single M class solar flare?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No, it went down because my neighbor sprayed his field with chicken poo and made outside very stinky. Or possibly because dingos ate my baby.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Too many people caught on so they called it off

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is something to say about we as a people, who either secretly or openly WISH for something to happen.

What does this say about us as a people?

What does this say about the society we live in?

These are the truer questions versus anything that may have splashed across the headlines. Are we ATS folks unusual in our societies? Are we the exception to the rule, or are we those with just a little more courage to confess/profess a desire for a blue-screen reboot?

When I think of what this says about us as a people... I think of that apathetic trait we all bear. While we're rooting (secretly or overtly) for some terrible calamity to wipe the slate clean, we're doing so little to affect the change we so desperately desire. We're excited to invest some time into wishing for it, but when it comes down to sacrificing... we're not always so eager.

When I think about the society we live in that so many enfranchised members would rather see it folded up like table children sit at for Thanksgiving dinner... well, it's certainly no society worth defending. such little fielty to its sanctity. so little hope in its success. Like watching some pedophile hit by a car, pulling up a chair and watching him bleed out.

I will remain with a few silent prayers to Odin that he open Valhalla's gate and give us some blue-screen-error... but if it fails to manifest, I will continue to drive home the stake in the vampire's heart by investing, coordinating and organizing alternatives to this neighborhood pedophile walking amongst us. I hope you all will do similarly.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Honestly, threads like these are WAY more annoying then the "OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS GONNA END" ones.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We take the days for advantage. We should be thankful we have another day to live and be healthy . Its a gift thats why its called the present

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Last year i was riding my bike down a trail, and i saw a chipmunk. I know crazy.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I had two outs - world ending today and lottery draw tonight.

Neither panned out, so still have to go to work on Monday.

I blame Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Jesus (just watched "Religulous"), Rush Limbaugh, oh, and myself for not buying a lottery ticket.

After all, why buy a lottery ticket if the world is gonna end? HAHAHAHAHAHA

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join