It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings increase...yay or nay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
In the last few weeks, even months, we've seen an increase in UFO's reported, either via sites such as MUFON or even YouTube.

Pyramid UFO's specifically have been on the rise.

Are we becoming more aware, are UFO's becoming more "brazen" or is there something we should be taking more notice of?

Personally, I think there is some other intelligent life form surveilling us. I've been aware or atleast interested in UFos from a very young age... and I think the level of reports and interest level by "regular people" is unprecedented since roswell. Feels like SOMETHING is happening.
edit on 6-11-2010 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
more CGI ..more Balloons and more golden knights...

i didnt saw much decent UFO stuff...so i say ..no

same like usual..just more paranoia
edit on 6-11-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Nay. Mass hysteria, mass idiocy increase - yep- sadly.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
OP, the only thing I have noticed is overall levels of ignorance leading to a worse and worse signal-to-noise ratio for the reasons the others posted above.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have some experience with CGI... and I agree... with the limited skills I had, I can understand how easy it would be for a more skilled artist to come up with "UFO footage". Having said that, I'm still not convinced it's all fake.. even 1 out of 10 cases beinfg questionable is still pretty good odds if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
I have some experience with CGI... and I agree... with the limited skills I had, I can understand how easy it would be for a more skilled artist to come up with "UFO footage". Having said that, I'm still not convinced it's all fake.. even 1 out of 10 cases beinfg questionable is still pretty good odds if you ask me.

yep i agree...but it gets harder and harder to pick out the "real" stuff

but that dosnt stop me from watching

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Thanks for replying to my thread. I think the main problem is people who are so desperate to believe that they'll believe anything... it really does ruin the field. I enjoy the idea of there "being more", but in reality, if such a thing exists, I am not placing bets on when we might see it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I feel like its equally positive and negative on either side.

but ultimately, i feel it's negative - everyone becomes accoustomed to seeing fake footage - who knows, one day, we might really have an intergalactic visitor, but noone can tell?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I signed up to this site because of all the sighting in October. I have dozens and dozens of recent sightings bookmarked. And in every one of them I can rule out it being a plane, lantern, RCU or satellite . Not that I am an expert though.

ps I am not a huge believer in project blue beam or anything but I do think they are government related
edit on 6-11-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nittin

I think your post sums it up... most people have similar experiences. There's only a handful of people in the world with a "first hand" experience, and the rest of us are left to mull the "facts". I wish there were some more solid evidence but it's all so.... subjective...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
No increase but I really can't blame people for wanting to believe, they need the distraction from everything that's been going on with politics, war, economy, etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

I think its a simple case of Ufology becoming more popular or even fashionble to some extent. The internet and easier access to cameras and software, both for genuine sightings and those who seek to decieve may play a part also.

I remember when it used to be fashionable to believe in Ghosts and everyone had a tail to tell. Maybe UFO's are heading in that direction.

This field frustates me more than anything because no matter how genuine the case is, many witnesses, video evidence, Air force confirmation that something was caught on radar etc. People still wont accept it. I think its because were always one removed. Ive said this before, but now nothing more than a personal experience is going to convince me. If i seen it with my own eyes then it would'nt concern me what anyone else thought. Im open to the idea and i even keep one eye on the sky. Thats all i can really do at this point.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't think there's been an increase in sightings but only an increase in reportings. With the internet and YouTube, anyone can post anything and, unfortunately, a lot do. There is also an increase in hoaxers which isn't helping those seeking the truth.

join