It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something came up from the desert floor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'd heard about this awhile back from my father. Really, it's his story, but being as the details are a bit fuzzy in my mind and I haven't talked with him about it or asked any further questions on it in years, I figured I would ask around here as I have been unable to turn up anything in my brief intermittent web searches--most likely due to terminology.

A bit of background on my father and why the story has always intrigued me. The man is honest, logical, and pragmatic to a fault. He's an extremely grounded individual and I have rarely, if ever, seen him given over to any flights of fancy. The story he first told me awhile back, though, goes as follows...

So, time wise, the story takes place in the mid to late 70s. At that time, my parents lived in Arizona and on his time off, my father enjoyed to go out hunting in the desert for hobby, sometimes with a friend or two, but also sometimes alone. On this particular occasion, he was alone. As he describes it, as he was walking through the desert, out in the middle of nowhere, a (for lack of better words) telescoping pole of antenna of some sort literally shot out of the ground. It apparently had something akin to spherical "pods" on top. It lingered for a few
moments and proceeded to disappear back into the desert floor, not leaving a trace. From what I can recall, and it's definitely my fault for not talking to him about it again before posting this, but he got a bit spooked and pretty much high tailed it out of there.

Now, the story doesn't end there, and here I'm even fuzzier on it in my own recollections--once again my fault--but I guess he put some feelers out there and talked to a few folks trying to figure out what the thing was. Within some short period of time. Days? Weeks? He received a telephone call from someone that was either active duty or retired military (I honestly can't remember) that spoke with him shortly about what he saw, didn't offer any further details, and more or less left. Somewhere in the mix, the guy mentioned Bluebook, if memory serves. Now I can't remember if the guy was retired and researching or active duty though. Of course, my first question way back when was what the fellow's name was, but that's pretty much been lost over the years.

Anyway, my reason for posting, as I think about it every so often is I was curious if anyone had ever read anything about objects buried under the desert floors in Arizona, near Tucson, or if anyone had encountered any stories of a similar nature. I know my post is fairly lacking in detail, unfortunately, that's pretty much all I've got to go on at the time and I just happened to be trying to google up some information on the topic to absolutely no avail.
edit on 6-11-2010 by Fiscal because: Correcting my autocorrect.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Interesting tale, fiscal; thanks for sharing it with us. Think maybe you can ask your dad for more details? I do not doubt that it startled him; most people would either make a puddle at their feet or be running in the opposite direction...

A periscope of sorts popping out of the sand; interesting...

seeker

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll definitely ask him the next time I talk to him.

Should be in the next couple of days.

join