It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite comic villain?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I don't think the lips sewn shut thing is going down. I stay away from the tumblr period. Dem ladies are scary!!
I haven't seen a man inspire that much devotion in ladies in a long time. It does help their case that he is incredibly good looking though. I don't think he'd be dominating tumblr if he was ugly like me!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The Slepnir giving a nod to Loki for being his mama would have been funny! Poor guy, he had to give birth to a eight-legged horse...

Originally posted by antonia

I don't think the lips sewn shut thing is going down. I stay away from the tumblr period. Dem ladies are scary!!
I haven't seen a man inspire that much devotion in ladies in a long time. It does help their case that he is incredibly good looking though. I don't think he'd be dominating tumblr if he was ugly like me!

They almost did the lip-sewed thing at the end of The Avengers, but it wasn't like in the mythology. They just put a metal thingy over his mouth.
I once visited Tumblr to get informations on The Avengers, but it was so crazy... I mean, i'm a girl, i like alot Loki, yes, he's good looking, but to the point of getting nuts?! And these girls just say it out loud and wide, i mean poor Mr. Hiddleston if he sees that...Can't they be more subtle?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

He's seen it and he's said so in interviews. The problem is when you are at that level you better get over it or you'll never be able to cope. It's either that or lose it worrying about the Hiddlehoes.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Right...
But (and correct me if i'm wrong, its been a couple of months since i've read or seen interviews of him), he doesn't seem to care. As you said, he seems more like not mad nor excessively happy about that, just "who cares? If they like me, what can i do? Might as well just let it be.".
Hey, have you heard him rap "Miami Beach"? It sounds awfully cute with a British accent!

But back to the topic, what do you think they're going to do with Loki in the 2e Thor? Tom said that he had 5 contracts (don't know if it included Thor or if it began with The Avengers), so if the studio want to keep people interested, they're gonna have to try other things. I'm betting that with the help of Frygga, he's gonna turn good. Beside, his knowledge of secret paths between the worlds might be helpful to the Avengers, for the next The Avengers

P.S: There seems to be only another man that used to make women real crazy (as much as with Tom H.) when he was in his 40s and 50s (even 13-18 years old girls
): have you ever heard of the British actor Alan Rickman?

edit on 11-12-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I know...I wish Benedict Cumberbatch was still ruling Tumblr.

I'm still a fan of Hiddles, but now my celeb love interest is either Jeremy Renner or Mickey Rourke.

Yes.

That Mickey Rourke.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Alan Rickman is a total babe. He's friggin' Hans Gruber!

...Well I do like his lil bro Simon (Jeremy Irons) more

If there wasn't such tight T&C, I would talk your girls's ears off about Rickman, Irons and my newest object of desire: Mickey Rourke

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well, He was Snape if I recall correctly. The problem with it is that these girls don't love the man, they love the idea. It's the central theme in this whole thread. Do they really love the villain? No, not really. They love the idea the villain represents. They see parts of themselves in the character and latch on to it.

I haven't really seen a lot of Hiddles interviews. I did see the rapping thing and laughed a bit. He was brave to do it but I was still hating.

As for the Mickey Rourke comments...Well, Toastman....wow. To each their own though

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by antonia

I know...I wish Benedict Cumberbatch was still ruling Tumblr.

I'm still a fan of Hiddles, but now my celeb love interest is either Jeremy Renner or Mickey Rourke.

Yes.

That Mickey Rourke.

Hey! Don't steal MY Jeremy

Nah, its not him anyway now.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well, He was Snape if I recall correctly. The problem with it is that these girls don't love the man, they love the idea. It's the central theme in this whole thread. Do they really love the villain? No, not really. They love the idea the villain represents. They see parts of themselves in the character and latch on to it.

Well, they were crazy with him even when it wasn't Snape...
He once did a music video for Texas, and he tango-ed in it, and you should see the girls commenting...

But yes, i understand the concept of liking more the idea than the villain. For me, its both. I like Loki and Magneto as villains, but also what they represent. Its even more obvious in Loki than Magneto. There's a hope in the kind of villain that Loki is, a hope that he might turn out good. Don't know if you saw The Avengers, but as Nick Fury say: Loki will go to the end of his vengeance, but when he'll feel more pain at seeing his brother dead than the hate, now there will be a chance for him to repent.
I think this is what it'll happen in the second Thor; there'll probably be something awful that will happen to Loki, and he will try to repent.

P.S: Hiddles rapping was both very funny and very cute.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well, I know Marvel is going to milk those poor men for every cent they can. I haven't followed tumblr that long so I can't say much about the Rickman thing. I kinda get the Loki thing in terms of women liking the bad boy, but Hiddleston looks better with his natural hair to me, but then again I like blondes and redheads. If he got a farmers tan he'd be perfect
I do admit that I perfer Thor to the Iron Man films and Captain America, mostly because it seems more three-dimensional than the aforementioned celluloid. The "villain" in Thor is a lot more developed. Although to me he's not a villain so much as the "antithetical" to Thor. The Frost Giants were throwaway, it could have been anyone else and you wouldn't have cared. Not so with Loki, and that's the mark of a well developed character.

I hear there is a new Superman reboot coming out. I wonder what villain they are busting out for that?
edit on 14-12-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Hmm. I like both of his hair colour; the blond makes him look younger, while the black enhance his features and his blue eyes.
Yes, i also agree that Loki is more complex than villains in Iron Man and Captain America, that's why i like it so much! But i love also the style of RDJ, and Chris Evans-Tommy Lee Jones-Hugo Weaving, and it gives a refreashing movie.

I'm not a huge fan of Superman so i didn't really checked about it. I'll look into it.
So what do you think they'll do for Thor 2? Besides the main story, of course.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I heard they're having Christopher Eccleston (Doctor 9), as the bad guy, Malekith the Accursed, and supposedly he kills Frigga.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh

I heard they're having Christopher Eccleston (Doctor 9), as the bad guy, Malekith the Accursed, and supposedly he kills Frigga.

Really?! Cool! Where did you learn that?

Certainly not from my link, right?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Na, apparently a stuntman on the Thor 2 set ran his mouth in an interview. That's where all the spill is coming from. Malekith was confirmed in the cast listing awhile back.
edit on 16-12-2012 by antonia because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Na, apparently a stuntman on the Thor 2 set ran his mouth in an interview. That's where all the spill is coming from. Malekith was confirmed in the cast listing awhile back.
edit on 16-12-2012 by antonia because: spelling

Oh... So, now you don't really have to guess...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well, it might not be true as Marvel actually released some false info about the Avengers to keep people off the trail.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well, it might not be true as Marvel actually released some false info about the Avengers to keep people off the trail.

Really? Never knew about that...
So? What do you think? I think that it might be true, but there's something else besides. For instance, Frigga is never supposed to die, so if they want to make it believable, something must happen. Thor, Loki, or Odin healing her? Her faking to be dead to make Loki feel guilty and show him back to the right way?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I dunno, he will probably just get a bit worse. Eventually he'll die in one of the films as a hero and tumblr will explode with tears of mourning for the ovaries that could never be destroyed.

Their lamentations will fill the heavens, Amen.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yeah, but i hope they won't do that. I mean Snape died that way (a "bad guy" until they discover he was good, but then he was dead), in "Wrath of the Titans" Hades "died" after being heroic...
I just guess i don't want to see Loki end up that way.

So i bet he is good, and you bet that he's bad. If you win, i give you stars to all your posts

I will now be leaving for Christmas and New Year, but i'll come back after.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm back! (from 120 cm of snow). Funny avatar you now have. Although a bit scary...
Got any more news about Marvel? I've been 2 weeks out of Internet, it will be long to check what i missed...

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join