It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite comic villain?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A few years ago I would have said Magneto. He is not so much a villain anymore and Marvel has done a great job of emaculating him ever since the "Fatal Attractions" storyline in the 1990's. Now I would have to ho with Joker and it has nthing to do with "The Dark Knight" and everything to do with Grant Morrison's run on "Batman". He has pretty much redefined teh character. From "The Clown at Midnight" to "Batman R.I.P." and his final (for now) appearance in "Batman and Robin" #16 the character has become the ultimate symbol of what a comic villain should be in relation to it's hero.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
best villain for me is ' 'big ben' the man with no time for crime'
for those of you who are clueless warrior comic 1980's uk.
he was tasked to take down marvelman (uk superhero) by any means on behalf of the government.
kid marvelman comes in at a close second.
f

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I hope you don't mind me posting this video but it's perfect for the theme of your thread.
It's Eben Brooks - Personal Arch-villian.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Charles Montgomery Burns.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5904f976495b.jpg[/atsimg]

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My fave...

Harley Quinn

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3818b33fae0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Think my fav is the Sentry/Void

Sentry / Void

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The villians of wanted deserve a hand...

They killed most of the heroes and rewrote reality...

the killer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06a9b88479f9.jpg[/atsimg]

mr. Rictus because of this scene

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f9ed8da5ed6.jpg[/atsimg]

to my other two favs

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/889357069e7a.jpg[/atsimg]

MR. President... Superman the most powerful man in the world...

Lex Luthor the most powerful man in the world....

I do not think they gave they story its proper justice.... So much more could have done with it..... Pax humanity anyone...

My favorite of them all...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6054d7a026a0.jpg[/atsimg]

I did not like how marvel went with the character, so much more could be done with him....

Honorable mentions....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89a1c106f2bd.jpg[/atsimg]

Venom...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c537b9abeb9e.jpg[/atsimg]

Crime syndicate of America

And last but not least....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20209d6c36e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Id want the dime as well

edit on 14-11-2010 by ripcontrol because: did not like how it turned out so I rewrote..

edit on 14-11-2010 by ripcontrol because: because I can.....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
GRAVES, agent Phil

[LOL]

100 Bullets is one of the best books ever produced. Brian Azzarello has dragged Agent Graves outta the depths of hell. And Brian is a CLASSIC writer !

He is the chief villain in a comic series swarming with them. Just about every character is a scumbag in their own special way. Only a very small handfull of the characters are not scumbags. That's one of the reasons why I loved the book. ( It ran for exactly 100 issues from 1999 to 2009)....

He is a Samurai that wears a black suit and tie and carries automatic pistols instead of Katanas. He lives and stands by a very strict and rigid code of conduct, one he insists on sharing generously with anyone he has anything to do with.

He is the leader of the Minutemen...the dirtiest, most dangerous bunch of enforcers ever known. There are always seven Minutemen and Graves has been their boss for over four long decades. Together they both police and protect the TRUST, thirteen families that secretly own and run America.

Graves modus operandi when not working on Trust matters is to pick out a member of American society, someone that has been wronged by someone else, and give them a breifcase. Inside the case are 100 bullets (from whence the title comes from) , 'irrefutable' proof that it was that other someone that ruined their life, [in the form of photographs and documentary evidence] , and the verbal guarantee that they have carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want with weapon and bullets. Once the bullets have been retrieved, no law enforcement agency, not even the NSA or CIA, can touch the wronged person.

It is a power...and an indulgence, that the thirteen Trust families have granted agent Graves.

At the start of the series, somewhere around issue 4 or 5, it becomes clear that a terrible dispute has pitted the Trust against the Minutemen and their fearless boss. It seems as though Augustus Medici, the head of the richest and most powerful of all the thirteen families, has recently tried to do away with the Minutemen, convincing the other families to unanamously sign Graves death warrant along with his seven men.

The Trust apparently have decided they can live without their police force.

Butt Graves is not dead. At least some of the Minutemen appear to be very much alive. And Graves seems to be playing his briefcase game with a renewed purpose. Something went wrong...and now these so-called rich ruling elite families have one very twisted, bitter former Warlord on their tales.

Graves is a very scary character. He is one of the most mysterious and intriguing villians ever in comics. And he can hit any target at any distance.

I say read 100 Bullets if you haven't, it's so good it can't be adequetly desribed. Azzarello's instinct and respect for language, especially ethnic, prison and street vernacular, is nothing short of astounding ! Absolutely BRILLIANT !!!

edit on 18-2-2011 by WormTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
well as a huuugge wolverine fan id have to say lady dearhstrike or during the A,O,A cyclops and havok.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My List in no order other than how I remember them,

The Joker
Neron
Kraven
Ultimate Magneto
Bullseye
Sabretooth
Fabian Cortez
Apocalypse
Thanos
Darkseid
Dr. Doom
Lex Luther
Kingpin
Mephisto

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Definitely she.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The Joker for me too.

It's an obvious answer but who honestly can admit they didn't wanna be like him at one point and not be lying?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Harley's my ideal gal. Seriously.

My girlfriend likes Poison Ivy but meh, Harley all the way out of the female characters.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Professor X, how many times will they let him go nuts and kill everyone?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Easy.

The clown from Spawn!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Magneto and Loki. (from the movies, don't know how they are in the books).
At least they had a good reason to be bad! I see enoughly lunatics like the Joker in real life to appreciate villains like that...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
in no particular order:

harley quinn
dr. girlfriend & the monarch
doomsday
the joker

favorite hero:
hulk
black widow (as long as scarlett johansson is playing the part)
krillin (dragon ball z)
vegeta (dragon ball z)
wonder woman

-subfab

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

i forgot to add the most awesome super villian of all time.

skullface

Skull-Face is a story written by Robert E. Howard, which appeared as a serial in Weird Tales magazine, beginning in October 1929, and ending in December, 1929.The story stars a character called Steve Costigan but this is not Howard's recurring character, Sailor Steve Costigan.

skullface is what all bad guys want to be.

in one scene, steve costigan falls in love with this girl. skullface takes her as his own. as part of his concubine. then makes steve run errands for him. one of the greatest villain of all time.

-subfab

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Claremont's Magneto was my favorite villain. A great villain can convince you that he just might be right, and I think under Claremont's pen, he really had that effect.
Nolan's Joker also rates real high, as another great villain characteristic is making the inescapable trap. And that's just what he did to Batman. Forcing him to take the heat so a lie about Harvey could be perpetrated. But without that lie, alot of Gothamites would have lost hope. This was Joker's fall back strategy, if the whole boat plan didn't work.
And in the classical since, Dr. Doom. He's timeless, and it's shown through the years that while other villains get a refit or recharacterization (Like Mags), he has stayed the same, hating/blaming Reed guy that brings an army of robots and the ambition to slay gods to the table. The same as he was in the 60s as he is today.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's brother.

Yeah, I know that's a manga villan, but I don't care. He's awesome.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join