Who is your favorite comic villain?

page: 1
2
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I was curious who is your favorite villain in the comic book universe. Mine is a generic and conformist answer. The Joker Who can't fall for a maniac clown look a like super villain? I like the Dark Knight version of the Joker the best. Read this snippet.

Like all versions of Joker, this is depicted as insane. However, despite his insanity he often displays a calm persona. He never displays any true signs of anger. He's also very intelligent and a good planner, being able to outsmart the police on every time they try to stop him. He also shows that he can figure how people think, as well as how to manipulate their minds, shown with how he drives Harvey Dent insane. Many of his plans often forces people to make extreme choices and force them to chose between themselves and others (as seen with his proposal to Batman at the beginning of the movie, his public ultimatum to kill Reese, and his ferry scheme).



edit on 6-11-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: Thank you Brad-H! You are now my favorite "Villain"




posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
A "villein", according to the English dictionary is 'A person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord in the middle ages.'

Now, a "villain", however, is a bad character in a film or work of fiction.
I'm sure thats what you're referring to.

So now thats all cleared up, I'd have to say The Mouth of Sauron from The Return of the King.



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Mine, personally, is grammar Nazi ehhem ^^^



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47
 


Nothing personal! I found this small gem on another website. I would like to share it and get a few laughs.

Grammar Nazis, in all their apparent mastery of the English language have not yet got round to checking a dictionary for the meaning of the word "grammar". A spelling mistake is not a grammatical error; there is nothing grammatically wrong with the exchange "'O RLY?', 'YA RLY!'"

Source



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 


LOL, i liked that :3
I gaveth a star for it


And on topic, i think the Green Lantern was the best.
Or Mr Manhattan

EDIT:
I'm a failure.

Villain. Uhhh sooooooooooooooooooooo

I'll have to go with The Penguin guy in batman
edit on 6-11-2010 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 


He may not be a villain but he would save the day from the evil designs of the hideous Grammar Nazis - In hindsight...

Captain Hindsight

The hero of the Modren age!

Once a reporter for the National News,
Jack Brolin always had a knack for hindsight.

Wanting to become the best known reporter in the country, Jack tried an experiment to boost his hindsight levels.


But then a freakish accident occurred when a retroactive spider got into the equipment.

The reporters hindsight was blasted to Super Human levels.



For months he was able to use his new powers for good, fighting for Peace and the American way

With his three trusty companions, Shoulda, Coulda and Woulda.



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Better yet! Who is the Coon?



Only the Coon knows who is the Coon.
Source for picture
edit on 6-11-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: Source for picture



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hmm good question. i like avalanche from the brotherhood of evil mutants,a spiderman villain with a white costume and black polkadots on him,rhino man,galactus.



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 


Haha I was going to use him at first, but his comic parts didn't tell a story..


Coon and Friends... Mysterion ftw tho!!




posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 

...if you'll accept answers not from comics...



favorite villain?

The Ur-Quan



They're quite possibly the most sympathetic villains in the entire history of fiction. Their objective? To subjugate or destroy all life in the galaxy.

Why? It's a long story.

Before they developed technology they were extreme physical underdogs on a planet full of predators. By their nature they tended to be solitary creatures, with strongly competitive territorial instincts. It was not through cooperation with each other that they became the dominant species on their planet, but through cleverness. Their rise from animalism to an intelligent race capable of space travel was not easy, and little in their evolutionary history had shown them that cooperation with another species was even possible.

As they expanded through space, they eventually encountered a silicon-based species: The Taalo. These creatures looked basically like rocks to the Ur-Quan, and because of that they didn't trigger their usual xenophobic or territorial instincts. And because of that there was a certain eagerness...the Ur-Quan realized that maybe, just maybe...they could learn to interact peacefully with other civilizations. So they joined into an alliance with the Taalo, and to prove their worthiness to this alliance, they made use of their solitary nature by volunteering for deep space exploration missions. Living in isolation on small scout ships didn't bother the Ur-Quan, so it seemed a good fit.

However, their scouts soon made contact with the Dynarri: a non-technological race of telepathic mind controlling parasites. While under Dynarri control, a creature remained conscious, could still think...but had no control over its body. The Dynarri immediately realized the value of space travel and mind controlled the Ur-Quan scout who discovered them and used him to transport much of the Dynarri race back to the Ur-Quan homeworld and spread themselves to take over the minds of most of the Ur-Quan race. And one of the first things they had the Ur-Quan do was obliterate the Taalo homeworld. So the Ur-Quan could do nothing but watch helplessly as their own bodies were used to destroy the only friends they had ever made, without even the mercy of being able to explain why they were doing it.

Their mental servitude lasted four thousands of years. For millenia, the Ur-Quan observed their bodies being used to breed children to be used as hosts for Dynarri mind control. For millenia they watched powerlessly as their own hands performed genetic alterations to modify themselves to be more efficient slaves to be used completely and mercilessly by the Dynarri. Until, one day...an accident occurred. A young Ur-Quan was exposed to an acid that resulted in phenomenally intense pain. Pain that curiously, was transmitted to his Dynarri puppet master who then broke off the telepathic link. The Ur-Quan realized that the Dynarri could not maintain control through a certain threshold of pain. And so in the few moments of freedom he had, he injected himself with a fatal dose of the acid, and used his final minutes of agonizing freedom to transmit a message across the galaxy containing this new knowledge.

Throughout the galaxy, Ur-Quan found opportunities to subject themselves to pain and injury. A scarce few seconds would be enough time to bite chunks from their own flesh, which might cause enough pain to grant enough time to do the same to one of their brethren to free them as well. And eventually, they developed a pain-inducing brain implant device that would administer a constant, neverending stream of agony, insuring that they would remain free from of Dynarri control.

It took years of this self-inflicted suffering to free themselves. Years of being constantly on the verge of death from sheer agony, years of being afraid to turn off the pain inducing machines even long enough to allow sleep, lest they awake as slaves once again. If there had been any vestige of sanity left to them up until this point, certainly there was none left now.

Eventually the Ur-Quan did free themselves from their enslavement. But amidst the rusty memories of xenophobic instinct fueled by millenia of enslavement and decades of self inflicted pain leading to insanity...what were they to do with their newfound freedom?

It was agreed that what had happened before must never be allowed to happen again. And to accomplish that, there were two schools of thought amongst the Ur-Quan. Those who had been genetically altered perform intellectual tasks proposed that the ur-Quan enslave every intelligent creature in the galaxy. Those who had been altered to perform tasks of physical labor proposed a simpler approach: the extermination of all life in the galaxy that was not Ur-Quan. These two groups were unable to reconcile their methods, and so they divided the former Dynarri space fleets between them, and each group left in opposite directions to expand themselves across the spiral arms of the galaxy, enslaving or destroying all life forms they encountered...knowing that when they next met they would fight one another, to the death.

edit on 6-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well mine would be DOOMSDAY!!


Doomsday is a nearly mindless, berserk killing machine, with no feelings apart from unfocused hatred, murderous rage, and the sheer malicious joy of destruction.


WIKI..Doomsday



I mean look what he did to Superman!






edit on 6-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 

...if you'll accept answers not from comics...



favorite villain?

The Ur-Quan



They're quite possibly the most sympathetic villains in the entire history of fiction. Their objective? To subjugate or destroy all life in the galaxy.

Why? It's a long story.

Before they developed technology they were extreme physical underdogs on a planet full of predators. By their nature they tended to be solitary creatures, with strongly competitive territorial instincts. It was not through cooperation with each other that they became the dominant species on their planet, but through cleverness. Their rise from animalism to an intelligent race capable of space travel was not easy, and little in their evolutionary history had shown them that cooperation with another species was even possible.

As they expanded through space, they eventually encountered a silicon-based species: The Taalo. These creatures looked basically like rocks to the Ur-Quan, and because of that they didn't trigger their usual xenophobic or territorial instincts. And because of that there was a certain eagerness...the Ur-Quan realized that maybe, just maybe...they could learn to interact peacefully with other civilizations. So they joined into an alliance with the Taalo, and to prove their worthiness to this alliance, they made use of their solitary nature by volunteering for deep space exploration missions. Living in isolation on small scout ships didn't bother the Ur-Quan, so it seemed a good fit.

However, their scouts soon made contact with the Dynarri: a non-technological race of telepathic mind controlling parasites. While under Dynarri control, a creature remained conscious, could still think...but had no control over its body. The Dynarri immediately realized the value of space travel and mind controlled the Ur-Quan scout who discovered them and used him to transport much of the Dynarri race back to the Ur-Quan homeworld and spread themselves to take over the minds of most of the Ur-Quan race. And one of the first things they had the Ur-Quan do was obliterate the Taalo homeworld. So the Ur-Quan could do nothing but watch helplessly as their own bodies were used to destroy the only friends they had ever made, without even the mercy of being able to explain why they were doing it.

Their mental servitude lasted four thousands of years. For millenia, the Ur-Quan observed their bodies being used to breed children to be used as hosts for Dynarri mind control. For millenia they watched powerlessly as their own hands performed genetic alterations to modify themselves to be more efficient slaves to be used completely and mercilessly by the Dynarri. Until, one day...an accident occurred. A young Ur-Quan was exposed to an acid that resulted in phenomenally intense pain. Pain that curiously, was transmitted to his Dynarri puppet master who then broke off the telepathic link. The Ur-Quan realized that the Dynarri could not maintain control through a certain threshold of pain. And so in the few moments of freedom he had, he injected himself with a fatal dose of the acid, and used his final minutes of agonizing freedom to transmit a message across the galaxy containing this new knowledge.

Throughout the galaxy, Ur-Quan found opportunities to subject themselves to pain and injury. A scarce few seconds would be enough time to bite chunks from their own flesh, which might cause enough pain to grant enough time to do the same to one of their brethren to free them as well. And eventually, they developed a pain-inducing brain implant device that would administer a constant, neverending stream of agony, insuring that they would remain free from of Dynarri control.

It took years of this self-inflicted suffering to free themselves. Years of being constantly on the verge of death from sheer agony, years of being afraid to turn off the pain inducing machines even long enough to allow sleep, lest they awake as slaves once again. If there had been any vestige of sanity left to them up until this point, certainly there was none left now.

Eventually the Ur-Quan did free themselves from their enslavement. But amidst the rusty memories of xenophobic instinct fueled by millenia of enslavement and decades of self inflicted pain leading to insanity...what were they to do with their newfound freedom?

It was agreed that what had happened before must never be allowed to happen again. And to accomplish that, there were two schools of thought amongst the Ur-Quan. Those who had been genetically altered perform intellectual tasks proposed that the ur-Quan enslave every intelligent creature in the galaxy. Those who had been altered to perform tasks of physical labor proposed a simpler approach: the extermination of all life in the galaxy that was not Ur-Quan. These two groups were unable to reconcile their methods, and so they divided the former Dynarri space fleets between them, and each group left in opposite directions to expand themselves across the spiral arms of the galaxy, enslaving or destroying all life forms they encountered...knowing that when they next met they would fight one another, to the death.

edit on 6-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)


OH you WIN!!

I loved that game... I love that it's now free as I've had it for ages and played it a few times since I spent ages playing it yonks ago, but now you got me in the mood!! haha..

What a mint game !!





posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amadeus30
Well mine would be DOOMSDAY!!


Doomsday is a nearly mindless, berserk killing machine, with no feelings apart from unfocused hatred, murderous rage, and the sheer malicious joy of destruction.


WIKI..Doomsday



I mean look what he did to Superman!






edit on 6-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)


I dont think he had the same impact in Smallville...

Damn that show ruined a lot of good stories... but still, I'm a sucker for Lois





posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I used to collect Spawn comic books. I like Violator. Here he is in all his clown like glory. That guy was wicked.



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by amadeus30
Well mine would be DOOMSDAY!!


Doomsday is a nearly mindless, berserk killing machine, with no feelings apart from unfocused hatred, murderous rage, and the sheer malicious joy of destruction.


WIKI..Doomsday



I mean look what he did to Superman!






edit on 6-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)


I dont think he had the same impact in Smallville...

Damn that show ruined a lot of good stories... but still, I'm a sucker for Lois




yeah smallville sucked...


have to agree about lois



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf
 



I believe we are closer to finding out who is the coon and how evil the coon really is. A super villain if I ever heard of one.



posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket
 


Star Control 2 was so epic, it made me loose a lot of sleep.



posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30
 



Doomsday is a nearly mindless, berserk killing machine, with no
feelings apart from unfocused hatred, murderous rage, and the
sheer malicious joy of destruction.

But how does that make him interesting? Doesn't it make him entirely one-dimensional and kind of boring?

Doomsday is so generic that he's the eponymous Generic Doomsday Villain. He exists solely to give Superman a worthy adversary. He has no plan, no real motivation, he just kills stuff because that's what he does.

DC villains are not known for being very deep or interesting, but Doomsday is one of the most shallow.



posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by amadeus30
 



Doomsday is a nearly mindless, berserk killing machine, with no
feelings apart from unfocused hatred, murderous rage, and the
sheer malicious joy of destruction.

But how does that make him interesting? Doesn't it make him entirely one-dimensional and kind of boring?

Doomsday is so generic that he's the eponymous Generic Doomsday Villain. He exists solely to give Superman a worthy adversary. He has no plan, no real motivation, he just kills stuff because that's what he does.

DC villains are not known for being very deep or interesting, but Doomsday is one of the most shallow.


oh, well the question was who is your favorite... so thats how i answered, i kinda like the unstoppable mindless destruction.


If we're talking about depth of character, and ability i would have to go with MASTERMIND (Jason Wyngarde) from the x-men



posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30
 



If we're talking about depth of character, and ability i would
have to go with MASTERMIND (Jason Wyngarde)

Mastermind:
"character biography
Nothing is known of Jason Wyngarde's life before joining the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, except that he was a carnival mentalist."


And from there he basically just started trying to take over the world.

How is that deep?

No story, no motivation, just "Ok, I'm bad so I'll do bad things."

What about Magneto? He was the son of a jew who fought for germany in WWI, and was then betrayed by his country and thrown into auschwitz for WW2, where he then sold out his own race and aided the nazis with the execution of other jews. He eventually escaped and married his girlfriend, only to be chased down and attacked in his home for being a mutant...and when his non-mutant wife found out, she abandoned him. And so in an ironic twist of hypocrisy, he decided to dedicate his life to exterminating all normal humans to make the world safe for mutants.

And to top it all off, he's good friends with his arch nemesis, Charles Xavier, because despite their different methods, they both want exactly the same thing: safety for all mutants.

Now that's an interesting story. Not just "I'm bad so I do bad stuff. Rawr."


(Hey mods, can we have a Goku vs. Superman thread? Can we? Can we? Huh? Huh?
)





new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join