It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i dont know weather to laugh or feel sorry for theese cats ?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i know the laser is not real but seriously ,what the heck is wrong with thees cats

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
ehhh....don't know what this guy is doing to them, the laser things are obviously not real, but I'm sure its not very good whatever the heck it is. I'm just confused on this one.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Obviously the laser effect is fake, but they must be using some kind of external stimulus to cause the cats to fall down like that..electricity maybe.

Or If there was some kind of condition the cats had that could cause them to freeze up and fall down like that, however, I don't think it would happen at exactly the same time, like the video showed towards the end...

I hope I'm wrong about the electricity part, and that the cats are unharmed.. that is indeed a strange video.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Same thing as parlor doves, fainting sheep.
Nothing says good times like a purposely bred genetic anomaly for one's entertainment.
Go Humans!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
ya i know the laser is fake ,but lol man i feel bad saying this but the video was funny ,and i know about the sheep thing but does it run in cats ?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It appears to me these cats may have a condition called Cerebellar Hypoplasia. These cats fall a lot.
These kittens remind me of my own cat with this disorder.

Some cases are more extreme than others.
My cat is not as sever as the kitten in the first video but not as well off as the cat in the second video.

My cat will sometimes walk like the one in the second video to keep from falling, but the ways she falls is just like the OP video.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

yep. Myotonia Congenita
Believe the original video explains the cats are now deceased.
edit on 6-11-2010 by reticlevision because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

thanks for your posts ,i found that video touching ,thanks for enlightening me and everyone els ,

Love Nephi

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You are correct.
www.suite101.com...

I just did some research after you posted that. It turns out that cats with this are often misdiagnosed with what my cat has. It makes me tempted to get a second opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

the affliction these kittens had is congenital. I believe the hypoplasia is due to usually a viral cause. ie feline parvovirus. Been a while since I worked in the veterinary field though, could very well be wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In this videos tags, they are listed as having narcolepsy/cataplexy. A sleep disorder that makes them go from awake straight into REM sleep.

Here is the original video:

en.wikipedia.org...

Cataplexy is a sudden and transient episode of loss of muscle tone, often triggered by emotions. It is a rare disease[1] (prevalence of fewer than 5 per 10,000 in the community), but frequently affects people who have narcolepsy, a disorder whose principal signs are EDS (Excessive Daytime Sleepiness), sleep attacks, sleep paralysis, hypnagogic hallucinations[2] and disturbed night-time sleep. Cataplexy is sometimes confused with epilepsy, where a series of flashes or other stimuli cause superficially similar seizures. Cataplexy can also be present as a side effect of SSRI Discontinuation Syndrome.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/6/2010 by defcon5 because: Link

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by reticlevision

I have been sitting here researching Myotonia Congenita since you posted that and I got a little hasty, due to the fact that my cat stiffens when she falls. I tend to get a little over protective (not sure if that the right term) where she is concerned.
After doing more reading I am sure that my vet was correct.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

believe this is the original. And the poster's channel has more information about the cats and the disease.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Your vet probably is correct, as a simple blood test would have confirmed the diagnosis by showing antigens/virus depending on if it was bacterial or viral.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by reticlevision

The other main cause for this condition is the absorption of Griseofulvin prescribed for ringworm, and if the queen has been given this as treatment during pregnancy it is highly likely that one or more of her kittens will be born brain-damaged. If ringworm is to be treated during pregnancy the vet will be able to prescribe an alternative treatment for the duration of the pregnancy, and the Griseofulvin can be given once weaning has finished and there is no risk to the kittens.

However I am not sure of the cause as she has never had a blood test.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

take it with a grain of salt, but I'd trust a vet's ability to correctly diagnose over a doctor's any day. A vet needs to rely only on observation and for the most part I believe their skills in that department to far outweigh any doctor's.
Chances are, your vet is right and your cat will live a long and relatively healthy life other than the tremors and other related issues.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
well thank you all so much for the helpful information ! its seems that the cats can live a normal healthy life with this , infact i wouldnt mind having a cat like charlie ,

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Edit to add: This has already been discussed .
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The laser seems to of been added later.

The behaviour reminds me of these "fainting goats" who suffer from some genetic condition which causes muscle stiffness when they are startled .

edit on 6-11-2010 by UmbraSumus because: Snap !

top topics

join