It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura - Disinfo Agent?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura's show is purely entertainment, I personally don't think he or his show is a vehicle for disinfo.the producers have simply seen a gap in the market, they're unlikely to be concerned with world changing revelations or hard hitting investigation when they can gain success by lazily going over standard conspiracy fodder. Whatever Ventura's personal motives he will always be constrained by the fact that the show is entertainment.

I was disapointed from the very first show when I spotted one of Jesse's 'researchers' was actually a UK Tv personality that had gone over to the US to find fame and fortune. I'm guessing that the other 'researchers' are actors looking for their big break too. Its all scripted and over the top, with irritating shaky camera work and dramatic music, all a bit silly if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
For one his close friendships with some influential people in the US who in their turn must have some connections with people what these conspiracy theories are all about. Arnold Szwarzenegger to name one....

On the otherside he draws attention to where and who the problems are.....With his 'tv-show' he makes sleeping dogs awake for the people who weren't aware these conspiracies excisted.

I never did a background check on the people he interviewed but these guys are often 'insiders' and who can tell the public how things really work on the subject.

I do not think that Jesse is a dis-info agent because that would make him a traitor to the american people too and from what I understand of this guy that willl be the last thing he would want to be....

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't think Jesse is a disinfo agent. That would make him part of the "agenda" and I just can't see that.
If you think of knowledge as a ladder, there are those of us who are already several rungs up. I think Jesse is standing at the bottom helping people onto the first rung.

Of course the show is entertainment. It has to be. If you know anything about how the system works, you need the entertainment factor for anyone to take notice.

"Come on in, old painless is waitin"

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by squirelnutz

compelling argument.

That is quite the argument, how are you going to go against it?

As for Jesse being a disinformation agent, I'm going to have to say no. This guy goes out and investigates the conspiracies we all talk about and actually gets decent information about them.

To me that's what we all should be doing...

Pred...

ETA: They have to make the show dramatic, that what makes good TV. The people that think he's crazy are the people that are uninformed.

Truth is stranger than fiction and we should all remember that, because it applies to this field as well.

Pred...
edit on 6-11-2010 by predator0187 because: Saw the original post.

he was in the movie of your screen name.

olly, just saw your last line,

edit on 6-11-2010 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
well you never know...Money makes the world go round...depents allways on the price...

at elast..his show is entertaining and he gives me a good feeling that some people ask questions

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If you analyse jesse ventura, every job he has had is about lying, and being a liar.

Personally i think he is just a man trying to make money to live, and he likes the conspiracy thing in society.

But one thing, he definitely knows some dodgy stuff, shame we will never know any truths he knows about the seals, he was supposedly part of.

Personally i do not watch his show, he spins it like a tabloid, and it probably is made for tv, and the masses. I prefer something more serious, but i would say as light entertainment it probably works well.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think Jesse truly believes in what he does. His show is designed to inform or at least raise the eyebrows of ppl who watch the overbearingly dull reality based tru tv shows. I think what he is doing is a novel idea and hopefully it helps to wake people up which i think is the whole purpose of the show. He cant go into super specifics like we can on here with our vast reliability and super speed spread of information so its meant to be a generalization...I read his book...its pretty thorough too.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

Lets just point one thing out about Jesse..from 1975 to 2002 ,his primary vocations were professional wrestling and politics.Are there any two vocations that are more specialized in acting,lying,scripting conflict, and telling creative stories to entertain and fool the masses?At least pro wrestling is now after many years open and honest about their true nature unlike the political system.In other words he is a professional con artist.So like anything else on TV look at it as scripted entertainment,not as gospel and take what you will from it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Here's the deal. To some, he appears to be not a serious person, to others, an extremely serious person. Understand the type. He's a confident unpretentious man who says exactly what he thinks. No offense, but the stuffy don't understand and consider it an excentricity, or a gimmick. It isn't. He's sincere, and I appreciate him bringing it every friday. Because if you're waiting for that doosh Brian Williams to do some digging to help save our bacon, you'll be waiting indefinately. It's guys like the Governer who can help the cause. Ask yourself this question. If you're a bad guy would you rather be investigated by Fred Astaire or John Wayne. See what I mean?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You raise a good point and something I've been wondering myself.
Why would a pro wrestler-gone governor-gone conspiracy theorists be allowed to present these issues on TV? Something doesn't sit right with me.

Sure, anyone with an active brain cell would question all the things he brings forward but the unsaid message is: We're being lied to.

Why would a public figure head be allowed to suggest this seeing the media is run and operated by the government and HE.....is one of them?

It was very clearly stated (as per Bozo Bush) that 'if you're not with us then you're a terrorist' so....what gives now with 9-11? We all know nothing can be or will ever be done so why bring this stuff up? To anger us? To pin Republicans against Democrats? I personally think it's to further divide us idiots errr, I mean......Human beings against one another.

I like Jesse, as a person. I like his spirit (for lack of a better word) but I just don't trust his modus operandi.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When I heard he was getting a tv show I knew he'd sold out. A dis info agent? Absolutely.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't believe I've seen anyone mention the numerous books he co-authored, one of them being mainly about conspiracy theories--American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies and More Dirty Lies the Government Tells Us. Maybe some of you should at least read the Wikipedia page on him. I know W is not the be all to end all for information, but the guy has been more than a governor and a wrestler. As to him being a shill, as someone mentioned earlier, if he dug too deep or divulged too much his show would get yanked. All of the info in his shows is easily tracked down with cursory Googling, or for the non-readers, Youtube. Oh, and the above mentioned book was pretty good actually. It inspired numerous crumb trails for me to track down and attempt to verify for my own opine. But shill? Who knows...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey429

You forget too, being a seal, he would of been taught to lie under interrogation.

So i assume he is a very good liar period.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"Jesse Ventura's show is purely entertainment, I personally don't think he or his show is a vehicle for disinfo.the producers have simply seen a gap in the market, they're unlikely to be concerned with world changing revelations or hard hitting investigation when they can gain success by lazily going over standard conspiracy fodder. Whatever Ventura's personal motives he will always be constrained by the fact that the show is entertainment."

Finally, somebody who gets it. At this point, Ventura is nothing more than an entertainer. Actually, since he was previously an actor (wrestler/politician), he always has been an entertainer. The information his show is providing is just for the purpose of keeping the masses of braindead...well...braindead. Instead of pointing fingers at specific groups responsible for the immense amount of criminal and corrupt activity, he goes around showing pictures and talking about the Gulf of Tonkin. Watch out!

When he decides to enter the 21st Century and starts talking about some of the more controversial aspects of the conspiracies he covers, then real people may start taking him more seriously. Of course, this is unlikely to happen since his main target audience is the Dancing with the Stars and American Idol crowds.

As for his crack staff on that conspiracy show: what a joke!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
If you seriously believe the people he interviews than i would love to sit across a poker table from you... There has been two maybe three people tops that i think were genuine, the rest of the people were depressed nobodies that wanted a shot at their fifteen minutes of fame

As a depressed nobody I resent that remark.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
watched last nights episode on wall street.
thought hew was right on the money.
til the end, something about it just seemed set up.
like some wallstreet tycoons gunna' just sit there and take it
didn't feel right.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

I watched 5 mins on area 51 show, that team of his are very bad actors period, and make the show look bad.

Its just a show for tabloid tv, and they sell it like that.

I would ignore if i was you, but some may find it entertaining. Remember this guys jobs are all about lying.

Navy seals would be trained very well on how to lie, in all terms of what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by loveguy

IMHO hes on the fence, and to be honest, thats where he should be. With the way things are now, your either to violent, to racy, to conservative, or to informative. He seems to find away to do it all. He hasn't been canceled, his show is still getting viewed, and mind you being discussed here, which is a pretty good feat.

We want a leader, and NO I dont think its him, but what are we really waiting for? Do you want Miley Cyrus posting conspiracy theories? We dont always get to choose our voices, but be can provide a way for them to speak.

Peace, NRE.

You have excellent insight with a reality-based perspective...

Mine is flawed, I admit it. I sometimes allow my emotions to rule me- rather than the other way around.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

I watched 5 mins on area 51 show, that team of his are very bad actors period, and make the show look bad.

Its just a show for tabloid tv, and they sell it like that.

I would ignore if i was you, but some may find it entertaining. Remember this guys jobs are all about lying.

Navy seals would be trained very well on how to lie, in all terms of what they are doing.

I thought the task(s) of a Navy Seal was to get in- accomplish mission get-out unnoticed?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have seen a few episodes of his and can't help but think it is purely for entertainment. His team appears very amateur (perhaps intentionally). I also don't get the feeling he is very serious/genuine, feels to scripted.

This show has the the same feel and result of all the others.

Ghost Hunters
UFO Hunters
Monster Hunters etc.
Maybe should have called it Conspiracy Hunters.........yada yada yada

None of these shows ever seem to actually expose or uncover anything, the most profound things they ever mention are simply unfounded speculations by the hosts or narrators.

The biggest dissappointment I have seen on Jesse's show was his obvious protection of Al Gore.

If any of these types of shows actually made a revelation, it would be around the globe long before the taped show aired in its time slot. Maybe they should create a live show that covers this stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join