It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Houses denies Obama trip to Asia costing $200 million a day a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The White House has denied President Barack Obama's trip to Asia, which began on Friday, is costing $200 million a day.

The estimate was floated by media in India in its coverage of the trip quoting a top official of the Maharashtra Government "close to the arrangements for the high-profile visit." One news anchor in India said, "The American president is the most protected man on the planet, even when he is gallivanting halfway across the globe. Everywhere the U.S. president goes a whole paraphernalia of aircraft, security personnel and high-tech equipment go with him. Both Mumbai and Delhi where President Obama will be dividing his time in India have been converted into virtual fortresses."

story.russiaherald.com...
Saturday 6th November, 2010

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

The 200 million a day crap was completely made up by Fox news.

The war in Afghanistan is in the neighborhood of 180million a day.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
How much does it cost to run a ship per day?
Pay the security?
jet fuel, food, rooms, (oh heck the list is huge), but I am curious to how much per day would all that cost?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Honestly,why does anyone care how much it costs at this point?...after all of the bailouts and prior years of raping and pillaging...it doesn't even make sense to care unless you're willing to do something about it.And i seriously doubt that 90% of the people on this site will ever do anything more than whine about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

While the cat is away, the mice will play. That is how the FOX weasels its way around.
But seriously, I cannot imagine the length of the list of things, services, etc and about how much would all that cost.
I am wondering who is paying for souvenirs before they all come back home? Now that could run up a humongous tag...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SickSkin

Hey, I have an inquiring mind. I want to know. LOL
Really. No matter how bad things are or could get, whether we live or die, the world will continue to turn.
Just as I am curious, there are others out there who may have an idea. As we have questions, hopefully we can find answers.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
National Security Council Spokesman Says Alleged $200M Per Day Cost of Obama Asia Trip 'Wildly Inflated' But Does Not Specify Cost

National Security Council spokesman Mike Hammer told reporters that the alleged $200M a day cost of President Obama’s trip to Asia is “wildly inflated” but he did not specify the actual cost. During a news conference for foreign reporters at the Foreign Press Center in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, Hammer was asked about the alleged $200 million cost attributed in media reports to an official in Mumbai. “We are hearing about a figure of $200 million a day – that’s what it’s going to cost the U.S. administration for the president’s trip around Asia. This is going viral on the web,” a reporter said to Hammer. “Can you answer where this information is coming from?” Hammer asked. The reporter said the figure has come from an official in Mumbai.

The Obama puppet administration is hiding the true figure of its expenditure on a trip to Mumbai, India.

They have been perfectly covering up their needless extravagant waste of taxpayer funds and looting of the U.S. economy by design.

Destruction of the economy is used to mire the American people into penury and subjugation.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
How much does it cost to run a ship per day?
Pay the security?
jet fuel, food, rooms, (oh heck the list is huge), but I am curious to how much per day would all that cost?

It costs over 1 million dollars a day to run an aircraft carrier not including the cost of the aircraft. I think the Arleigh Burkes are around 250k a day, they're fuel hogs.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The pentagon press secretary also denies the cost;

I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd this notion that somehow we are deploying ten percent of the Navy, some 34 ships, and an aircraft carrier in support of the president’s trip to Asia — that’s just comical. Nothing close to that is being done.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The biggest clown on Earth requires the biggest circus.

I'll bet a fraction of clownbamas road show budget would easily pay to re-hire all the cops San Jose recently couldn't afford and laid off...

He's just going to read a pre written speech off a teleprompter, wow wee.. I hope he gets booed off stage... then again maybe those 3000 lackeys are going to play the part of an adoring appreciative crowd... lol.. wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I must be stupid. I thought the constitution said all men are created equal.
So why does this man deserve millions of dollars to be spent to cater for his every need?
Not to mention the 2999 other leaches.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am simply amazed that no one has even brought this up. At the current exchange rate of the Indian Rupee, .02267, $200,000,000 Rupee would equal $4,533,091.56. This may be the lost in translation explination.

The ships that are reputed as not being stationed in the area, ARE going to be within 500 miles of the country. Who cares why. The USS Abraham Lincoln in not with the 5th group, but of the Carrier Strike Group 9 out of Everett Washington.

The party count for the trip is 2532 people, staff, reporters, friends, officials, crew, secret service, DSS agents, etc. It costs $250,000 a day to keep AF1 on operation. The sea operation is estimated to run $26 million for the 10 day exercise. To rent the entire hotel, $643,777. per day. (the other 6 hotels used, (630 rooms combined, $72,000 per day Fuel, personel, security, food, etc. will get pretty close to a total for the trip, $36,000,000. This is for security in the city from the indian officials. The remaining aircraft that are needed to transport the support equipment, $7,300,000 total.

I will not submit refrences, because I served 18 years with the 3rd Ranger Battalion, and 6 years with DSS (Diplomatic Security Service).

The source is only as reliable as the person reading the material wants to believe they are.

This type of expense is not new, just new to the people that get exposed to it through the media.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 3rdrangerbat

Thank you. I appreciate your input. I could not imagine how much the cost would be for certain equipment.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
$200 million a day perhaps is a little much. But now 199,999,999.99 minus the taxes perhaps would make their statement correct.

Figure every one there is getting paid 24/7 and don`t need to have a bull meeting called just to get paid now. Plus they are probably getting hazardous duty pay as well on top of their outrageous pay rate already.
It`s not going to be cheap by any figure.

Let alone whatever the air-conditioned security tunnel cost.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So huh is the pentagon going to deny this to then?
www.ndchronicle.com...

I fixed this line though

NEW DELHI: President Barack Obama does not travel alone. He is accompanied by other senior officials too. However, the most interesting thing is that the world’s most influential tours cost a lot to the country whose economy is still in a deep recession.

"That's just comical. Nothing close to that is being done," Pentagon spokesman, Geoff Morrell, told reporters at a news briefing.

so the pentagon says its comical and false yet i am sure no one is buying into the white house version.

the rumor didn't start from FOX, it started from a military news source in India.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by triplereiki

The 200 million a day crap was completely made up by Fox news.

Really?

I thought originally it was an Indian news agency which sourced its numbers from the Indian government.... Which should know what it is going to cost, or how much the country could make from the president's visit.

www.ndtv.com...

Looks like they are excited about making all of that money... Hey maybe our president will stimulate the Indian economy?

Can't blame Obama for doing this as much as possible, he surely knows that his is likely a one term presidency now... what has he got to lose?

Go for it Mr. President, we'll pick up the tab.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That's the issue I'm having with it all. What does India gain from lying about how much it was going to cost us right before the visit? I mean they certainly aren't gaining anything by spreading disinfo. If anything they jeopardized the whole trip just a little.

Now the WH has everything to gain from lying to us and I'm sure the final accounting of the trip will hide certain costs in non conspicuous budgeting.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3rdrangerbat
I am simply amazed that no one has even brought this up. At the current exchange rate of the Indian Rupee, .02267, $200,000,000 Rupee would equal $4,533,091.56. This may be the lost in translation explination.

The ships that are reputed as not being stationed in the area, ARE going to be within 500 miles of the country. Who cares why. The USS Abraham Lincoln in not with the 5th group, but of the Carrier Strike Group 9 out of Everett Washington.

The party count for the trip is 2532 people, staff, reporters, friends, officials, crew, secret service, DSS agents, etc. It costs $250,000 a day to keep AF1 on operation. The sea operation is estimated to run $26 million for the 10 day exercise. To rent the entire hotel, $643,777. per day. (the other 6 hotels used, (630 rooms combined, $72,000 per day Fuel, personel, security, food, etc. will get pretty close to a total for the trip, $36,000,000. This is for security in the city from the indian officials. The remaining aircraft that are needed to transport the support equipment, $7,300,000 total.

I will not submit refrences, because I served 18 years with the 3rd Ranger Battalion, and 6 years with DSS (Diplomatic Security Service).

The source is only as reliable as the person reading the material wants to believe they are.

This type of expense is not new, just new to the people that get exposed to it through the media.

I'm quoting this entire post because it needs to be seen and read again and again. $200 million a day is preposterous.

The idea that 1/10 of the navy, 10% of the entire US Navy is being deployed in support of the president's trip?! Really? You don't think they might be out there for...oh, I don't know, Afghanistan? Or some other support operation in the Middle East?

You need more skepticism in your life if you believe that.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Off topic for a moment.
Your avatar looks just like my dear friend who suddenly passed away in August.
Every time I see your avatar, I will have good memories. Just had to let you know.

new topics

top topics

join