It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIddle East Oil Alternatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Energy Independence has become a big buzzword in the U.S post 9/11, and I thought it would be good to create a thread devoted to keeping track of the viable oil alternatives please post any links or articles you know of.
This should start us off
www.wired.com...
www.biodiesel.org...

[edit on 29-6-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think wave power generators came help slove electrical power needs for the whole country. If something like 5 percent of the US cost had these things we would not need any other power source.The are a clean and renewable resource just waiting to be tapped. These things have been overlooked for a number of years due to cost problems but its been discovered that the price were miscalculated by a factor of 10. That right there sounds fishy to me making such a error in a new technology.But I wont get into that here

Wave power

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Alternative enrgy sources will be tough to produce:

Solar Panels cost a huge amount or resources to make.
Geothermal is limited by area
Windmills have the tree huggers all a twit about killing birds.
Fuel cells require hydrogen and the easiest source for that is yep fuel cells.

Strategic placement of windmills and geothermal sources would help tame the need for natural gas. More hydroelectric plants would also help. Clean burning coal plants as well (We have alot of coal)

Alas more Nuc plants may also be needed. If fusion can be developed it may futher improve the electricity issue.

Down the road, frine theories like Zero Point ENergy may pan out but who knows.

If we could shift alot of out transportation needs to electric, then we can pump enough crude from North America and other areas that are safe and that we controll to meet our agriculture / pharmaceutical / etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
excellent link shadowXIX

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry I wasn't aware that this thread was going when I posted the above thread. Interesting read!

new topics

top topics

join