It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cosmic event great balls of fire reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

cosmic event great balls of fire reported

hisz.rsoe.hu

Great balls of fire have been reported swooping over Eastern Canada and several U.S. states. Even NASA's on the case. There are different theories about what was behind the sighting of those fireballs. A NASA spacecraft got a closer look at one of the possible sources today. The spacecraft flew past Hartley 2 -- taking closeup pictures after the comet made one of its closest passes by Earth this week. But one expert is skeptical of reports that any fireballs came from Hartley -- which is roughly 1.2 kilometres wide and spews deadly cyanide gas. Scientist Peter Brown says his meteor group at t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
if you look on the site it says that Evan NASA is on the case and seems to be right on the border of u.s.a and Canada. Now i think the most probable thing is a meteor shower but there is always a possibility of extra terrestrial it all depends if we see the government out on site. I would like to hear your opinions on this.

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am in Ft. Lauderdale area. I was outside smoking a cigarette about 20 minutes ago.

I seen one shooting star out of the corner of my eye, then about 2 minutes later I directly seen another one.

Is it common for 2 shooting stars to appear?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
...its probably the annual leonid meteor shower... heres a link for more info...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Cool

Thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
its gone! wow that is unusall for rsoe heck they Evan have the oil spill from 6 months ago up wow cover up in a recent thread i read it said something about a cloud of smoke from ground to air thinking it was a missile of sorts maby that was it and it was forcefully taken down.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
In my thread, I mentioned those fireballs, and thought it may have something to do with some of our planes going down.

Could this be why so many airplanes are going down? Also one of the link I gave had a story on a plane they believed was struck by a small meteorite.

I will try to look for that info.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
that would be good but i think people would recognize i burning plane dont you? and no matter what sair traffic controle would report theese and shouldent it be on the news what is wrong with this world

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Massive fireball reported across Midwestern sky
articles.cnn.com...:TECH
Authorities in several Midwestern states were flooded Wednesday night with reports of a gigantic fireball lighting up the sky, the National Weather Service said.

The fireball was visible for about 15 minutes beginning about 10 p.m., said the National Weather Service in Sullivan, Wisconsin, just west of Milwaukee.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also on one of my threads I put a link of a log of fireball sightings.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

After spotting a fireball (or meteor) last week I actually googled whether or not they could bring down aeroplanes.
The chance of it is so unlikely that it's almost impossible, but it isn't impossible.

If you google it there's a lot of factual stuff on it and debates on science forums.

Besides, even if one did hit an aeroplane it may not even bring it down. A plane can be shoot at with an RPG and still be landed, or even a bullet which would be travelling at a very quick speed like meteors and most meteors when they enter earth are no bigger than a pea, much like a bullet.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

You're right about that, just like there have been reports of a stray bullet out of nowhere coming down, through roof and ceiling, and either hitting a person or coming pretty close to them.
Plus we have alot of weather factors, etc.

I may still keep my eyes out a little longer about plane crashes and strikes from the sky.
Let me know if you see something interesting.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Here's the location of the event from the same site:

Great Balls Of Fire over Canada and US

Has anyone from Canada or the states seen these fireballs?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

Eh.. it's not uncommon. Especially if you are near the beach. When I was at the Outer Banks this year I would see shooting stars on average about one ever 5 or 10 minutes and that wasn't during a meteor shower. Just less light pollution.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

How about space junk?

I know it's difficult for some people to actually believe, but there's no proof of aliens, so a more probable explanation is space junk.

Who knows, maybe some old satellites collided for some reason?
Maybe it was the USA testing an anti-satellite missile and the fireballs were debris, and this whole "NASA is on the case" is just a cover up?

I mean, there's a million possibilities that are more probable the aliens being responsible.
Seriously what would aliens of been doing, dumping their waste because the toilets on their space ships were clogged up?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

I don't believe it's ET in origin right off the bat, but it makes me wonder why they would use the adjective huge unless they were just blowing smoke up everyone's ass.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Could be but my bet is on the Taurid meteor shower. Here is a link below.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-11-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
does anybody remember that "Letter from the agency" recently?

ats deleted it and its follow up for some unknown reason. but in it, there was a warning that very soon we would see reports of a fireball in the sky, and to not go outside for the next 3 days after that.

to lock all the doors and windows and stay out of the sunlight.

could this be it?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join