It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange coincidence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ok where to begin. I'm a gadget guy. I like electronics and I've always taken my toys apart since I was a child, never being able to make my wired remote control car work wireless by cutting the cord with scissors...Anyway, onto the story. I met a person through Craigslist whilst looking for a job. This person was selling a revolutionary product that was supposed to reduce your monthly electric bill by 10-30% yada, yada, yada. Well we clicked as people, personality-wise and shared some of the same views and opinions. We talked about mundane things and we talked about some popular conspiracy theories. Between us, nearly anything was possible because we "know" the gov't hides tech from the gen pop. So onto the juicy part. One day we were talking and he mentioned that a friend of his worked for the see-eye-hey. He told him once of a chair that can supposedly bring someone back to life but only in a certain amount of time (maybe a day or two after death?) Well he kind of mentioned it nonchalantly and it didn't exactly go noticed because I thought it sounded a little far-out. His friend called it the 10 million-dollar chair. Well enter my surprise when reading a thread the other day (forget which one) and someone there mentioned the "chair" from roswell "can do some pretty cool things!"

So now I'm pretty much convinced the gov reverse engineered the roswell "pilot seat" and it cost around 10 mil to do so. Anyone else heard anything like this before? This is a completely true story, I didn't make any part up at all. I am now very curious about this topic and would appreciate any info. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have never heard of such a thing....

But S&F because I have imagined of such a thing and would like to hear info about it as well

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by realeyes

Is it anything to do with this Montauk Project

An alien supposedly designed a chair, which an individual could sit in to boost his mental and precipatory powers. A prototype duplicate was given to Britain and put in a facility on the River Thames.

I'd never heard of it before I googled it

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a chair that can cure disease??? nasty accidental death scenario's???

if you where to be brought "back" you would be brain dead unless hooked up already to oxygen,,

not sure what to think but nahhh...

maybe one day maybe

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here is the recent thread on it. You might find your answers there

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I was thinking more along the lines of this type of scenario:

An agent/spy gets shot in the chest or something and dies, taking valuable info with him. This chair could be used to bring him back and retrieve such info.

Thanks for the link to the Montauk Chair!

I remember googling it when I first heard of it and couldn't find anything, that gave it a little more credibility in my mind if that makes any sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
it sounds good ive never herd of it ever,
but i was reading about how the head or someone at the top of skunkworks died and i also read they had a pen sort of thing that if pionted at someone with cancer it could fix them , the thing i found strange was if they had that pen yhing why did their head bloke die of cancer ???????

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This is something kind of similar to what your desrbing although not to do with the chair as such.

Also just imagine what technology like this would have looked like in 1947

Both the Typhoon HEA or the F-35 Gen II HMDS use optical-magnetic tracking technology. Cameras and sensor inside the aeroplane track the special three-dimensional pattern on the back of the helmet. They do it hundreds of times per second, feeding extremely accurate positioning info to the aeroplane’s computer in real time.

www.gizmodo.com.au...

www.youtube.com...

We also have this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Like several more recent fighter aircraft, the F-35 need not be physically pointing at its target for weapons to be successful. This is possible because of sensors that can track and target a nearby aircraft from any orientation, provide the information to the pilot through his helmet (and therefore visible no matter which way they are looking), and provide the seeker-head of a missile with sufficient information. Recent missile types provide a much greater ability to pursue a target regardless of the launch orientation, called "High Off-Boresight" capability, although the speed and direction in which the munition is launched must physically speaking nonetheless affect the chance of success. Sensors use combined radio frequency and infra red (SAIRST) to continually track nearby aircraft while the pilot's helmet-mounted display system (HMDS) displays and selects targets. The helmet system replaces the display suite-mounted head-up display used in earlier fighters. Because of this, Northrop Grumman claims that "maneuvering is irrelevant".[72][104] This point of view cannot be said to represent a consensus in the world of military aircraft design however.

The F-35's systems provide the edge in the "observe, orient, decide, and act" OODA loop; stealth and advanced sensors aid in observation (while being difficult to observe), automated target tracking helps in orientation, sensor fusion simplifies decision making, and the aircraft's controls allow action against targets without having to look away from them.

www.smh.com.au...

The helmet integrates a host of sophisticated electronic features including dashboard-type navigation, targeting and monitoring data that will be displayed on the inside of the helmet's visor, just centimetres from a pilot's face.

edit on 6-11-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Oh for God's sake!

If you're dead your brain cells die.

If your brain cells die you can't be brought back.

Could people please stop being so gullable?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Well nowadays that could be debated -

biology.about.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Well nowadays that could be debated -

biology.about.com...

No, it couldn't.

That article is about individual brain cells in a living brain. Not cells in a totally dead brain.

Try again.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

well if those cells can be regenerated, then obviously they had previously died, whether it be in a living brain or not. So if dead cells can be regenerated in a living brain then why not the brain itself ot atleast certain parts of it.

Your thinking in the past and not looking toward the future, it's people like you that stop us getting anywhere....

also abit of research may help open your eyes to the future friend

stemcells.nih.gov...

www.sciencedaily.com...

Just imagine where we will be in 100 years, or if you go by the OP we may already be there.
edit on 6-11-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

And you might stop being so credulous!

Probably not given your past posts.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I am hardly gullible, my only point was not to rule out the possibility. Also if you look ay my first reply in this thread it has nothing to do with the brain or a magic healing chair, it was a scientific and real view of current technology that may come close to anything encountered in 1947 if infact there was a crash etc etc.. and what do you mean by my previous post's?
If that is an attack at my subject matter than perhaps you should take a look at your own mundane post's before attacking mine. Although if your on the same side of the fence as maybe,maybe not then it doesnt matter what i say to you.... you wont contribute anything productive to the conversation.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007 Although if your on the same side of the fence as maybe,maybe not then it doesnt matter what i say to you.... you wont contribute anything productive to the conversation.

You won't listen to me and I won't listen to you. Is that what you're saying?

I'm happy to listen to your argument.

Will you listen to mine?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I am. I will say this in regard to the brain, even today there is alot science doesnt completly understand about it. I would say it is 100% impossible that one day it may be possible to regenerate dead brain tissue after death, maybe not completly but possibly to retrieve memories or something similar. I want to emphasise the may be possible in that sentence as well.

We have no idea where science and biology will be in 100 years or even 20 years. As i siad previously i didnt comment in this thread to go into a debate about the brain, although i find myself drawn into anyways

Look back at my first post, that is much more credible and real and relevant to science and technology today. Like i said if there was an incident at Roswell and they discovered something like that, it would seem like amazing technology in 1947 but today its come to be expected. The same could be said for alot of technology nowadays.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

My mother died from diabetes 3 weeks ago. She also had Alzheimers.

Reckon we could bring her back to life? Bring her brain back to what it was?

I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Sad to hear, im sorry.

No offense intended but yeah maybe in 10 years they will find a cure for diabetes and also a way to reverse alzheimers.

There is already progress -

www.reuters.com...

www.news-medical.net...

Like i said in 10 years or less it may be possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Who says? And that is the reason why I believe there is a time frame in which this must be done.

Please don't post in my thread if you're going to be rude. I'm looking for info. And if in fact this tech does exist, you will have been completely wrong so mind your manners. Thanks.
edit on 6-11-2010 by realeyes because: forgot to add something

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by realeyes

OMG Realeyes your onto something! I just saw the movie constantine, and in that movie he was obsessed with a chair that had special powers! It must mean that the producers of the movie constnatine know about the government coverup!

Because, wow, you found someone on cregs list who claimed to work for the CIA and mentioned a chair to resurrect people , and then you heard about a chair at roswell! Because we all know people wh work for the CIA just break there security oaths so flagrantly like that, telling their friends all these secrets, so that they can go tell random people on craigslist.

This is so uncanny.

I found a person on craigslist the other day who claims to be a hot korean woman eager to satisfy me.

Craigslist, the absolute best source of information ever.

Oh please..get real man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join