It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic event in north america

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonespine
Confirmed rocket launch
spaceweather.com...

Perhaps it was a rocket launch, but even if it was a meteor fireball, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Meteor fireballs are actually not that uncommon; there are several witnessed every year -- although they are spectacular if you are lucky enough to see one. I was lucky enough to witness the famous Peekskill meteorite as it burned up through the atmosphere in 1992 and flew over Pennsylvania on its way to landing on a car in a driveway in Peekskill, New York.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dont know it this event has to do anything with the topic at hand, but about 3 days ago, my buddy noticed 2 streaks of light in the sky while having a smoke. I was looking up at the sky as well and only managed to get a glimpse of another streak from the corner of my eye. I asked him if it was red, to which he replied "yea". You usually see white light coming off comets as the enter and burn up in our atmosphere (from what I know). The reason I told this story was because when I seen "Great balls of fire" it reminded me of it, and because I also live in Eastern Canada.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

edit on 11/6/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join