It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP "Smoking Gun"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well it looks like we haven't even scratched the surface of the damge of the deepwater spill.

Scientists returning from an expedition off the Gulf Coast said Friday they found dead and dying deepwater coral near the BP oil spill site that was covered in a brown substance.

"The compelling evidence that we collected constitutes a smoking gun" that the substance is tied to the BP spill, the chief researcher on the cruise, Penn State biologist Charles Fisher, said in a statement Friday.

SOURCE

"These kinds of coral are normally beautiful, brightly colored," Fisher said. "What you saw was a field of brown corals with exposed skeleton — white, brittle stars tightly wound around the skeleton, not waving their arms like they usually do."

This is very disturbing... and i'm expecting to see the damage become more evident as time goes on.

edit on 5-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm from New Orleans (don't live there at the moment) but I have 5 friends who all got big paychecks from bp. One friend got 32k, another got 25k, another got 11k (with more on the way). You can take the cash but you sign to never sue bp in the future. Everyone signs of course lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

I read the article, but I can't figure out what it is they are claiming is the smoking gun?

When coral is threatened, its first reaction is to release large amounts of mucus, "and anything drifting by in the water column would get bound up in this mucus," Cordes said. "And that is what this (brown) substance would be: A variety of things bound up in the mucus."

I'm not saying I believe this BP spewage was an accident...But the way I interpret this article is that this accident claimed by BP seems to follow a latest "news trend." Just enough to curb my curiosity, then leaving me with close to nil to chew-over.

Eric Cordes, a Temple University marine scientist on the expedition, said his colleagues have identified about 25 other sites in the vicinity of the well where similar damage may have occurred. An expedition is planned for next month to explore those sites.

Like a kitty I'm reaching for the mouse-toy dangling above my head to divert my attention from other areas where my attention should be focused...

How does one keep an idiot in suspense? They'll tell us tomorrow...

Meanwhile, we get another news story handed to us in all amazement...Like wow, I didn't see that coming!!!

edit on (11/5/1010 by loveguy because: Fixing the words

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I agree this was a no-brainer, i think everyone saw this coming.

I think the "smoking gun" is here

For the government, the findings were a departure from earlier statements. Until now, federal teams have painted relatively rosy pictures about the spill's effect on the sea and its ecosystem, saying they had not found any damage on the ocean floor.

This is the first find of damage on the seafloor, showing the "oil disappeared" report was complete BS. Which i don't think anyone bought into anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amadeus30
reply to post by loveguy

I agree this was a no-brainer, i think everyone saw this coming.

I think the "smoking gun" is here

For the government, the findings were a departure from earlier statements. Until now, federal teams have painted relatively rosy pictures about the spill's effect on the sea and its ecosystem, saying they had not found any damage on the ocean floor.

This is the first find of damage on the seafloor, showing the "oil disappeared" report was complete BS. Which i don't think anyone bought into anyway.

Next we're going to hear that the scientists conducting this study are all crack-pots, somehow related to Steve Jones and his circle.

top topics

join