It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that looked like a missile over Phoenix.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
SO also pointed out the fact that the Vandenberg launch was at 7:20pm CA time, while the unusual plume the OP and SO saw here in the Phoenix skies occured before 6pm AZ time [which is the same as CA time until the rest of the country turns their clocks back Sunday morning].

So UNLESS the scheduled Vandenberg launch was pushed up 85 minutes or so [which would be odd, don’t ya think?], these were probably not the same rocket.

edit on 11.6.2010 by ItsTheQuestion because: didn’t want to single out another poster

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The last few pages beg the question:

What does all this have to do with India, again?

[I’m guilty of going off-topic as well...somebody steer us back]

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Note the respective times, homie.

No, seriously. Pay attention to the announced launch from Vandenberg vs. the siting that the OP and one of the guys who operates this very site witnessed.

For whatever that’s worth to you...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

In Skeptic Overlords post he says his partner witnissed it though and her photos are at sunlight, whereas the video footage of the rocket on youtube is at night.

Yes...I think SO's pictures are of a planes contrails at dusk, on the horizon. It's a trick of light.

Here is a good example...not perfect...but you get the idea. I'll try to find more.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Interesting post!

Just Googled Idea Nuclear Accident and came up with this VERY recent article, news.oneindia.in...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Interesting post!

Just Googled Idea Nuclear Accident and came up with this VERY recent article, news.oneindia.in...

was posted in the FIRST page. Thanks for reading.

As for this story of Nuclear accident in India...it's BS...also, the 34 warships Obama ordered has been debunked and not true once so ever. Get with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

With all due respect, what are your sources to call “BS” and use words like “debunked”?

Just wondering...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've now read the OP's original post and story 3 times. Until he can come back on here and convince me otherwise, I'm calling BS on his story of the conversation.

Yes it's obviously true something was witnessed in the form of a rocket, but this so far has zero to do with India and Obama.

Op, your story immediately jumps from your AF friend informing you that you witnessed the latest technology in the Space Shuttle replacement, to you asking him or telling him you think that "something is up" with the whole Obama/India/Warship thing. (The warship thing has pretty well been proven to be bunk by the way)

Why did you suddenly jump to this? It seems one moment he was telling you what you witnessed, then you guys were talking about the Nuke/Obama/India trip issue.

I'm aware your description of your phone conversation wouldn't be 100% accurate, but how exactly did your conversation change? It seems that you might be deliberately trying to rock the boat here on ATS by throwing these two stories together and mixing it up as if they are connected.

All I'm seeing now is some photo's and a story of a rocket launch that has nothing to do with the Obama/India issue... Two totally separate topics, even according to your AF friend.

Sorry, but until you can clear some things up nothing about this thread makes much sense and seems on face value to be deliberately trying to work up the over-reactive ATS community
edit on 6-11-2010 by Nomad451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
reply to post by SeventhSeal

With all due respect, what are your sources to call “BS” and use words like “debunked”?

Just wondering...

Anderson on CNN was talking to people from the government and they were saying that while they don't comment on how much it costs to protect the president when he travels. They also said the 34 warship thingie was just a ridiculous rumor.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hello everyone. This is my first post, but I have been a viewer of these forums for about a year now, I really feel like I need to get involved. I have a really bad hunch about all of this, I am wondering (I have searched but couldn't find anything relevant, only articles about the cost of his trip)

What day, specifically did Obama announce his trip to India? I hope this will be answered, because as much as I have pieced together, here is what I think could be happening, which a few of you shared the similar ideas:

So far in my head, if this Nuclear incident is true, this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... about the recent seismic activity that was very widespread and now that Merapi is erupting worse and worse, I feel like they could all be tied together somehow.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Here is a good example...not perfect...but you get the idea. I'll try to find more.

you will find that in the image that SO posted was that of with the 'contrail' thicker at the base, NOT thicker at the top of image indicating it is a reversed perspective to what you are stating OutKast!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zynacide
Hello everyone. This is my first post, but I have been a viewer of these forums for about a year now, I really feel like I need to get involved. I have a really bad hunch about all of this, I am wondering (I have searched but couldn't find anything relevant, only articles about the cost of his trip)

What day, specifically did Obama announce his trip to India? I hope this will be answered, because as much as I have pieced together, here is what I think could be happening, which a few of you shared the similar ideas:

So far in my head, if this Nuclear incident is true, this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... about the recent seismic activity that was very widespread and now that Merapi is erupting worse and worse, I feel like they could all be tied together somehow.

I don't know the answer to that, someone on here might know when it was officially announced. I think it was at least a few weeks ago? Sorry that isn't concrete or very specific.

I wouldn't get too excited about thinking all these things are connected. They might be, but you'll generally find that when really looked into in depth on these topics, 90% of the time there are misunderstandings, out right BS, and vague media reports without any depth or insight. I think the Volcano is just doing what it does.... erupting. I don't see any reason to believe something other than natural causes as to making it erupt.

Look into the seismic "event" a little deeper. Apparently it too has proven to be a false incident. I can't confirm that however.

Just don't get too worked up over anything because it always turns out to be bunk anyway, no matter how sure you might think you are that "something big is happening"

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

While Anderson Cooper/CNN and the Pentagon, via the AFP claim that the story of “a 34-ship security detail” is “just comical,” my better angels often remind me to take what the globalists say with a grain of gold-plated salt.

And by “globalists”, I mean, say, CNN and the Pentagon.

Then again, maybe there are not 34 American warships off the coasts of India. Honestly, I haven’t the resources to go and count them up tonight, personally.

So, like probably ALL of us, I don’t actually KNOW. One way or t’other.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

That photo you posted of the jet contrail looks nothing like the rocket launch trail in Skeptic Overlord's photo's..

While I see where you are coming from I think you are wrong. It was clearly a rocket propelled "something" photographed

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

you will find that in the image that SO posted was that of with the 'contrail' thicker at the base, NOT thicker at the top of image indicating it is a reversed perspective to what you are stating OutKast!

Yes...which is why I said it isn't perfect. Because in this contrail it appears that plane was flying AWAY from the viewer. Now imagine if the plane was flying TOWARD the viewer.

It would be thicker at the bottom as the contrail dissapates and thinner at the top close to the source.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yet in SO's description of the object it flew up at great speeds, much more than any commercial airliner.
Explain.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

It was just a hunch, I have read several times that the seismic activity was bunk, however I too can't confirm it. But I just wanted to present the idea that this could all be connected somehow, even if it was as simple as Merapi being stimulated by some kind of Nuclear accident..correlated by the data on those charts. I'm trying to match up all the times now, but its a little time consuming.

And you're right, no one should get worked up over this until something concrete comes out... its really all speculation.

I feel like we're over due for something big to happen anyways, probably why I have a odd feeling about all of this.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

LMFAO
....thanks for the laugh OP. Shows how gullible or desperate for a conspiracy ATSers can be.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Skeptic Overlords photo's shows a trail that is almost the same width from ground to it's point, which would indicate that it was moving very fast from ground to sky. I don't see any "wide" parts in the smoke, like you would in a high flying jet.

Also, it appears to have the "arch" generally seen by launching rockets.

I think we are getting off topic here with this. It's a moot point what was seen and photographed, be it rocket or plane the point is there fails to be any connection given between this supposed rocket and India/Obama and India having a nuclear accident.....

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Yes the connection to Obama or India is unwarranted and there's no proof of that.
I'm only interested in what the object was, and where it was going.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join