It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that looked like a missile over Phoenix.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am researching this claim. This is what I came up with so far. This link says this was taken on 10-18-10 at 5:40 pm in AZ. I didnt read all of thread, but I didnt see the day the OP says this happened? Heres the link to similar story from other site.

link

link   
I didnt read the entire thread.. So this might be solved already.. But here is an Idea...

A person or group of people purchased a black market nuke (assuming India wouldn't take part in my theory, in theory.)
Somewhere in the transportation of said nuke... A rookie mistake and BOOM!!!!!

Any takers?

+2 more 
link   
Your story actually sounds believable to me. I hope it isn't but I do feel something is up and I've felt that something is about to happen or has happened. Anyway, I don't think a lot of the United States citizens will even know anything is happening. A lot of people I know only care about getting a pay check on friday and going clubbing. They watch sitcoms on television and are just really dumbed down people who don't have a clue at all what is going on in the world, outside of entertainment and celebrity news and gossip. They don't know and they don't care, so why even tell the sheeple. They'd only notice something happened when they suddenly can't watch television or play on facebook anymore. I really think a lot of people are just walking zombies with a cell phone anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
According to that statement I posted, it was just a rocket carrying a new satellite.

And did anyone else just experience something funky with the forum?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Why would a Delta II rocket take a sudden turn? I am not sure that that explains this picture, although the timing is right.

It is likely that the rocket did not take a sudden turn. It is more likely that the contrail has been blown sideways by the winds at altitude. Winds at different altitudes blow in different directions so a contrail may appear wiggly several minutes after launch.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Something funky? Like what?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

Yes, the were "caught" launching this black project craft by a group of amateur astronomers who were able to track it. These guys tracked it after being unable to find it mentioned anywhere in their sources and discovered that it had changed orbits significantly, over night.

The change was so quick and so dramatic that they realized that it was not an object that they had ever been familiar with, so they went to the press and eventually the DoD responded by admitting that they had launched a previously cancelled craft called the X37B. Space buffs are familiar with the craft from it's days as a NASA project that was intended to produce a craft to replace certain functions of the Space Shuttle, such as launching or capturing satellites.

It is unmanned, supposed to have the ability to remain in orbit for month's at a time and supposed to have an unrivaled ability to modify it's orbital path, including it's altitude. It is also a reusable, just like the Shuttle.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

Half the posts with pics just disappeared from my view. Odd. And its like the stylesheet is messed up.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

So what the heck is its purpose?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

IF it was to happen it would go over the pole and down over Tibet, seriously aggravating China before blasting the call centre capital of the world - Mumbai.

Fortunately there was no nuke, or i should say no nuke that made all the seismos register because (1) we identified the quake that made that happen and (2) the trace of a blast is not the same as a quake.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

No that hasnt happened to me. U getting paranoid?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Dia duit! So if it was launched in the US it would travel over Canada? Like the "cosmic event" in my other thread.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-DNA

No that hasnt happened to me. U getting paranoid?

Noooo, just aggravated at it. It happened right after I posted the snippet from the V. AFB's site.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Depends how long after!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Why would a Delta II rocket take a sudden turn? I am not sure that that explains this picture, although the timing is right.

It is likely that the rocket did not take a sudden turn. It is more likely that the contrail has been blown sideways by the winds at altitude. Winds at different altitudes blow in different directions so a contrail may appear wiggly several minutes after launch.

Thats strange, I didn't type that. I think ya messed up the quote, lol.

Had even me confused there for a second.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

I would assume it's purpose for the DoD is to put government sats in orbit or bring them home (if one was designed to survive the ride through re-entry. It could also reposition them I would think. It was alleged, without any serious proof) that they had designed a fleet of small satellites with various sensors that could be released over an area, do their spying and the be recaptured by the craft and moved to a new location, leaving little or chance for an enemy to detect them. This development could have been a response to China's effort to shoot down a satellite.

Pretty tough to shoot it down if it can be in a completely different location on it's next pass.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't believe there was any nuclear incident in India. In todays net-powered world, something like that would be all over the web (google) by now for sure. Perhaps the Topic title should be edited at this point.
edit on 11/5/2010 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

Yes I suppose, but I doubt they launched an ICBM. The fireball was more likely a Taurid.

I ndáiríre tá mé Breatnaise

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

What about carrying a nuke? Or emp device?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join