It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that looked like a missile over Phoenix.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANSPHAR
reply to post by Hack28

If you want to see the stars drive up towards Cave Creek,Az or take a trip to Prescott,Az or Flagstaff,AZ. Real nice and reminds me of the east coast where I am from. Lots of nighttime activity in the skies but I think most of it is experimental crafts.

Also Date Creek. There is public land there where you can camp and dig for quartz crystals without park rangers freaking out on you.
edit on 11-6-2010 by groingrinder because: To correct grammar.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

Cheers for the tips, so many lights in the skies. I know theres lots of airplane traffic but some of them just seem weird, or im searching to much hahahah

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Wow, you really made yourself out to look to be a outstanding participant on the forums.

Good job.

Everyone, make note of this member, he contributes so much. What a great lad.

I hate, and cannot stand the complete idiocy of people that think everything goes the way it should be and nothing could possibly ever be true to what someone says. I honestly do.

As far as what your friend says, OP, very interesting.

You can come back and apologize to me on Sunday when absolutely nothing happens from this.

We have a delta rocket launch and contrails from planes on the horizon lit up by the setting sun at dusk.

I've seen these contrails before...and they do look like they are heading STRAIGHT UP.

But don't mind me...go hide in your bunker or something...I don't care.

I agree with the contrails. In regards to the OP images - why has the EXIF data been stripped off? Why not upload them with all the data intact?

I've seen plenty of these type of sunset and sunrise aircraft contrails images and videos. Correct that they do appear to be heading straight up.

Video of aircraft contrail which people believed was a ballistic missile at the following.

sciencedude.ocregister.com...-35893

TJ

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Moose318

That doesn't appear to the the same thing, the sky is too dark. The sun was just setting, and it was still relatively light out.

Yes it is the same thing if you stop to think. The trail lingered in the air until the OP took his picture.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Ask Skeptic Overlord. It's his photos. He's a part owner of ATS so I don't think he would upload a photoshopped picture.
Anyway some programs strip EXIF data when you change the size to upload it to the internet and SO may have done it on purpose incase there was location data in the image and felt paranoid.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANSPHAR
Some people need to really read post before continuing to state that it's just a chemtrail or the VFAB Delta-II launch.

But it is most likely just a contrail.

I provided videos, pictures, and articles explaining it.

But believe what you will....I don't really care.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My wife and I saw it.

It's possible it was a missile.

It was headed east.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Obviously it is another black project going on. Otherwise they would off annoced it on the news.......

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's just another rocket launch.

The US do it all the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Another reason to call BS on un-announced ballistic missile launches is strategic agreements. These exist between the US and Russia as neither side wants to trigger a reaction due to an un-scheduled live ballistic launch. The Delta 2 launch would have been notified to the Russians. Any other ballistic launch would have triggered Russian space based and other missile early warning systems. Such a launch would have triggered a major alert in Russia. Not something that would go un-noticed and would have created a diplomatic incident.

TJ
edit on 6-11-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I think this all a bunch of fiction. I follow the usgs site and just looked at the maps and I find nothing that shows any richter readings. What I saw posted yesterday of the different states,of what looked like richter tables, I couldn't make heads nor tails of. It was all Greek. I've yet to hear from someone who can translate all of that data.

As to the "predictions" from a Simpsons program.. Pure coincidence. If I were to look hard enough I could find conspiracies on a box of frosted flakes.

I do believe, however, that much is kept from us by our beloved government. Especially re: UFO, etc.
Maybe someday we'll really know.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That may be the "missing link" between a UFO and nuclear connection drawing in the president.

Extraterrestrial deactivation of nuclear missiles - perhaps in both countries - with an agenda behind it?

All speculation from here. Between the webbot, the southern pacific rim vulcanism, the 'false flag' nuclear

events, and other predictions of doom for November - only time will tell which one will prevail.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This is the picture I took, while driving. It appears that the object did in fact turn while it was still relatively close to the ground.

i868.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is what it looked like in the old days. Imagine those are missiles instead of planes....

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok I'm confused as to what the big deal about this event is all about. Did this object move abnormally compared to a normal launch? I'm confused because from all the pictures that I've seen, it looks like a normal missile launch.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by geoleo

I think this all a bunch of fiction. I follow the usgs site and just looked at the maps and I find nothing that shows any richter readings. What I saw posted yesterday of the different states,of what looked like richter tables, I couldn't make heads nor tails of. It was all Greek. I've yet to hear from someone who can translate all of that data.

As to the "predictions" from a Simpsons program.. Pure coincidence. If I were to look hard enough I could find conspiracies on a box of frosted flakes.

I do believe, however, that much is kept from us by our beloved government. Especially re: UFO, etc.
Maybe someday we'll really know.

Agreed that the simpson vid is vague. However, the pilot of the show about a black flag to run planes into the wtc. Way too specific. Way. Try finding those details in your frosted flakes.

Havent had flakes in a while.

Whats even crazier is launching missiles stateside is not that infrequent if I understand correctly. Once or twice a year you think? where the hell are they going??
edit on 6-11-2010 by maluminse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

did you read the paragraph of my friend who witnessed it from his work? He works outside at a local school, has a wealth of knowledge in science,physics,weather and knows the state like the back of his hand. he said it was a black plane with red/white lights. Take off trail was normal craft trail then it made a 90 degree turn while at low altitude and went straight up at a high speed. After it reached such a point of high altitude he said it became 2 visible trails. It was not rocket smoke because if it was smoke the sunset would have looked red through the trail, not neonesque . The width of the trail was wider towards the bottom. I am only trying to state that chances are it was not a missile,rocket etc and was just an experimental aircraft being tested from or around LAFB. AZ is supposed to be testing out a new jet fighter from what he said as well. News to me, Ill check into that bit of trivia and post what I find. All I know is that at least 4 eyewitnesses reported wings and/or lights on the object. One report at least of loud sound and rumble from around LAFB as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gabrielle.Black
I want the poster and anyone fear monger to be aware of this.

There is a law out there that if anyone causes a panic or makes a false alarm they could be fined, or Jailed. So becareful of what you post and if it proves to be false you could be in very, very big trouble.

So I I was the OP I would come out and tell the truth and admit its DISINFO or a lie, or face the consequences of his actions.

Because I have heard they are tracking down on these kind of people, and its not pretty.

I am the OP and I will NOT "admit" that's it's disinfo or a lie because I reported my conversation as it took place. Every word I reported was simply what was reported to me. As to whether or not that person was lying is another matter. I have no reason to believe this person, who is military personnel and fighter pilot, would spread disinformation or make up such a lie.

Anybody who believes Obama is over there at a cost of $24 million/day for security and it is simply "routine" security is just plain ignorant. To take the entire Whitehouse staff, a fleet of war ships, etc. for a "routine" Asian tour is just plain laughable.

I will admit there are plenty of unanswered questions. I just reported the info as I received it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

A. Was not the rocket launch from VAFB
B. Object had wings/lights.
C.People generally take interest and/or fear in the unknown, it is human nature.

My money is on testing a new toy... Whether or not it's NASA involved like OP was saying who knows.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hello all, first post, but have been a long time lurker. I've been trying to keep up with this topic, but may have missed this as an explanation. I was reading a popular Mechanics article today at the grocery store and saw an article about a U.S. response to an invasion of Taiwan by China and in the article it mentioned a missile that was in the U.S. arsenal as an interceptor type missile if I remember correctly. The photograph of it was almost identical to the photo the OP had posted in the first thread. This is the photograph used in the article, it looked similar to the pic the OP posted so just thought I would share as a possible explanation.

img21.imageshack.us...

Sorry, for some reason the image wouldn't imbed, but here is a link to it!

Sorry, I left out that the missile name was called a "THAAD" missile
edit on 6-11-2010 by mcnastyy44 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join