It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive got something funny I propose to all ATS members... National ATS Chinese lantern Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So yeah just like it sounds we can all get together kinda like a flash mob flying Chinese lanterns...
We couldnt film our own lanterns tho...

Im sure we might make a news headline or two....

or you know or it is a bad idea!? Realistically its prolly a bad idea and would hurt those of us who do believe...

I can see close minded john & jane doe blowing off the whole idea of Alien Life and Ufos after it was debunked Nationally.All for being fooled and more or less tricked to open their mind up to otherwise not thought of ideas...

but it still would be hilarious on a worldwide level... ats members COULD shake things up hahaha

anybody have a lighter now

edit on 5-11-2010 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
...I'm not quite sure I understand. You want thousands of people everywhere to light Chinese lanterns in an attempt to trick non-believers into believing? And this will accomplish what exactly?

Hell, let's take it a step further and just make our own "DIY" Project Blue Beam

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
yeah its kinda like reverse psychology...
but realistically their would be some Do Gooder Debunker like Fage...err I mean Phage
calling CNN and FOX to rat us out...

the plan is just mainly based on ATS worldwide membership..
just a funny thought
I still think it would hurt more

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

dont we see enough of them already?. in fact, isn't every day a lantern day on ats?

thanks

rich
edit on 5-11-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say this would not be a good idea. I mean, do you really want the whole field of Ufology to lose the little amount of credibility it has? This would be spreading disinfo of massive proportions, and would only cause the non-believers to confirm their own beliefs (that all believers are nutjobs)

Thanks to threads like these, I sometimes have a hard time disagreeing with them

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mitman93
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say this would not be a good idea. I mean, do you really want the whole field of Ufology to lose the little amount of credibility it has? This would be spreading disinfo of massive proportions, and would only cause the non-believers to confirm their own beliefs (that all believers are nutjobs)

Thanks to threads like these, I sometimes have a hard time disagreeing with them

Did you not read what I wrote?? I know its a bad idea....
Im just saying open up your mind and think about how society would perceive it BEFORE finding out it was elaborate hoax

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Also I think if the govt in this theoretical world didnt respond to it in a PUBLIC way that just implies that they working with inside ET council

again

theoretical

and I still agree bad idea

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Channel 4 over here in Britain commissioned a bunch of FX people and other techies to make a convincing UFO fake and "fly it". There was a documentary about the incident, showing how the craft was built etc etc. Have to say, when they finally "launched" the vehicle, from memory, somewhere near Avebury in Wiltshire after a few initial *wow what's thats* it didn't really garner anything like the attention, i suspect, they were hoping for. I've had a look round on goggle and youtube but can't find it..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Channel 4 over here in Britain commissioned a bunch of FX people and other techies to make a convincing UFO fake and "fly it". There was a documentary about the incident, showing how the craft was built etc etc. Have to say, when they finally "launched" the vehicle, from memory, somewhere near Avebury in Wiltshire after a few initial *wow what's thats* it didn't really garner anything like the attention, i suspect, they were hoping for. I've had a look round on goggle and youtube but can't find it..

yeah Ive read about similar stories and hoaxers stories...
but according to all our debunkers these lanterns our way more legit...
in my "make Believe" plan it would take all of ATS worldwide support..not just one local film crew
the it would have to resemble Mass Sighting/Takeover/Landing with Synchronized time and the curiosity would be where it would be taken at that point

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

i saw that, it was ufo night, also had nick cooks documentaries the same night, 2005 if i remember correctly.

thanks

rich

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
dont we see enough of them already?. in fact, isn't every day a lantern day on ats?

I think we need to work on RC planes.... and take down those lanterns

Mwhahahahahaha

And if any ATSer adds more confuddlement to UFO topics by launching MORE lanterns... I will make a call to Area 51 and request a laser strike at you house...

You'll never know what hit ya

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

I think we need to work on RC planes.... and take down those lanterns

Mwhahahahahaha

And if any ATSer adds more confuddlement to UFO topics by launching MORE lanterns... I will make a call to Area 51 and request a laser strike at you house...

You'll never know what hit ya

Im still saying that Mass media and Worldwide Society how they act and treat it would prove if we as a planet are ready for disclosure...

AGAIN hypothetically

I think of few of the responses to this have been very in the "box"
surprising from this forum...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antibren
Im still saying that Mass media and Worldwide Society how they act and treat it would prove if we as a planet are ready for disclosure...

The mass media and society would just laugh louder. Just because those that post on ATS think they are ready for disclosure doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

We are only ready for the disclosure that we THINK is the truth

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Okay, here's a list of reasons that make this a bad idea:

1. The MSM would laugh even harder.

2. ATS would be bombarded with YouTube videos claiming alien invasion.

3. Chinese lanterns are very dangerous - if they come down when still alight they can start fires. If they come down in rural areas livestock have been known to eat the debris and choke on them.

So, if you're planning on releasing any lanterns let me know and I'll come round and slap you.

MODS: I'm kidding! I'm not really going to slap him so don't fine me points for this post. Please?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I'm in! Let's do dis!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58ddfd22052c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2f0354cb2c5.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah - good game.

I'm sure this will help.

-m0r

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

i think it's a great idea although perhaps the premise needs a review, i think it should be done not as some hoax or joke but as show of unity and co-operation for all member of ATS!

P>S> ATS MODS, when is the first annual ATS Expo??? I think it would be a great idea

edit on 6-11-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Ive got something funny I propose to all ATS members...

Ignore idiots just out to stir trouble.
edit on 6-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Ive got something funny I propose to all ATS members...

Ignore idiots just out to stir troble.

Starred you for that.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I had a simillar idea myself about a year ago when people were constantly posting footage of solar balloons as UFO's. I wanted to film a homemade solar balloon to prove how people could be fooled into believing it was a 'pyramid' UFO. I decided for this to be morally acceptable (and to stop it being forever recycled on youtube as a UFO) I would have to write 'This is not a UFO' on my balloon. The trouble with lanterns is that people will still be arguing for years that theywere Et space craft, even if a bunch of people say they released them. Obviously this would do nothing to clarify the UFO situation.

So that's my suggestion. We could all launch homemade (or fancy bought) solar balloons that are clearly marked 'not a UFO'. It could be called 'This is not a UFO balloon day'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join