It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK scandal closes Campbellford Legion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

CAMPBELLFORD, Ont. - A Royal Canadian Legion in Ontario is closed following the national backlash over a man wearing a KKK costume to a Halloween party at the hall. Bob Butt, spokesman for the legion’s national office, says the Campbellford legion is closed indefinitely while they look into the incident. The move comes at the height of the poppy drive and a week before Remembrance Day. Police have looked into the incident and say that while it was “poor judgment,” it is not a criminal matter at this point.

Sources - The Star -- Global TV -- Intelligencer -- The Spectator -- All the Google Links

So I have to ask... how stupid is this. A couple of guys dress up as KKK and slave, albiet in bad taste, but it's Halloween and that is kind of the object AND IT GOES NATIONWIDE on TV and in Newspapers! Nawww, don't talk about the child beatings or the negligence of the police or mayors on the take or business conspiring to defraud the taxpayers or any of the actual criminal activity. Rather concentrate on something as ridiculous as this, a Halloween costume, we have bigger problems than a couple of knobs that made a mistake and didn't break any laws. However, these two wankers have now lost their jobs, there has been talk about taking kids away, they have recieved multiple death threats and some jack@ss burned a cross on one of their lawns. And they want "THEM!" to have sensitivity training? WTF????

The guy who made the complaint apparently owns a failing restaurant. What a way to get free airtime and a plug for his business huh? What a sick and stupid world we live in.

The PC Idiots are a bunch of rabid animals and what do you do with rabid animals?

Just thought that people who might be coming to Canada better have a second thought since the PC's are crazier here it seems than anywhere else.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/5.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: tried to fix the google link

edit on 11/5.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Crazy, huh? I was just watching a CNN video about a mother whose blog rant has gone viral (I guess) regarding the complaints she received for letting her grade-school son dress up as Daphne from Scooby Doo, for Halloween. Apparently, it offended some of the other mums at school...

ETA:
To the KKK/slave bit - bad taste? Ya, probably. But, it is what it is when it comes to Halloween costumes. Must be a slow news day...
edit on 5-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Slow news day, possibly. What concerns me is that Campbellford (I looked it up) is a town of about 4000 people, so it isn't some big place that will sway public opinion, if they (the media) are going to go this rabid with something this trivial and ruin people's lives, what's next?

By the way, the news actually made it worldwide, it's even in the India Times...LOL

I'll tell ya, if I could get 10 million people to send me ten bucks each, I'd sort out this stupid country toot suite or die trying.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 11/5.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: added note about India

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Remember last year the child who got suspended and caused an uproar for dressing as Jesus? Its the same mentality. The people against the little boy dressing as Daphne have deep problems and Halloween in general is just an excuse for their letting loose with it.

For decades big healthy wealthy jocks and other men and boys have been dressing as cheerleaders and women at Halloween, there has never been a problem before has there? This is just a knee jerk reaction to something which was over exaggerated in the first place.

I am sorry for the boy, he was made to feel shame about himself in front of the world and that should have never been allowed, this should have been nipped in the bud by the caring adults, the well adjusted adults in that childs life.

sad.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Slow news day, possibly. What concerns me is that Campbellford (I looked it up) is a town of about 4000 people, so it isn't some big place that will sway public opinion, if they (the media) are going to go this rabid with something this trivial and ruin people's lives, what's next?

Yes, under the guise of "personal interest news" or something like that. You know, the media will create a stir for the ratings, when they have too... bah! I wish for a time when Journalism and News was about finding truth, investigating the hard story and fighting the bad guys and and and ... Those days existed right? I swear I read about them, once...

edit on 5-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Honest journalism ROFL!

Superman, Batman, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, an Honest Journalist and an Irishman are all against the wall in a room 50 feet on a side with a table in the centre. On the table there's a bottle of whiskey. Who can get to the whiskey the fastest and get it out the door?

The Irishman of course, the rest of them don't exist along with non-corrupt politicians and international bankers with integrity.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Quite amusing how it's perfectly fine to dress up as a serial killer, though.

Which is worse, a racist donning silly robes or a creature that goes into young girl's bedrooms at night and drinks their blood?
edit on 5-11-2010 by TheDarkTurnip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Okay, this thread reminds me of a joke.

Jesus Christ, Daphne (from Scooby Doo) and a KKK member goes to a Halloween party ,........................................

You fill in the rest.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

C'mon now, finish the joke, but I presume Daphne is in the middle...LOL. Btw, I guess you've read The One Tree by Stephen R. Donaldson (I have the entire set in hardcover). I seem to remember your name, "Saltheart Foamfollower" was the giant and sailor who was befriended by Thomas Covenant. Those six books by Donaldson were a lot like Lord of the Rings, but I found them to be considerably better. Donaldson's other set, re. "Chaos" I didn't find as compelling.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, Daphne (from Scooby Doo) and a KKK member goes to a Halloween party, someone dressed as a reporter said they were all equally racist.

I just made this up, the thread was just reminding me of this type of joke.

Yeah, one of my favorite fantasy novels. The giant had to leave when he carried Thomas across the lava. It has been awhile since I read the stories. I have planned on reading them again. Since I read them other additions have been added. Of course I currently have about 50 books in my ebook folder waiting to be read.
edit on 5-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join