It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist teaparty repubs put blackman in congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is posted squarely to move the right/left discussion past the:" Racist teaparty republicans don't like the Prez because he'sa "BLACKMAN"! b.s. When we have honest issues with the mans views and politics.

I am so bloody sick of hearing this kneejerk response bandied about here and elsewhere..Congressman elect Tim Scott who is also very much a black man was endorsed by local South carolina teaparty organizations and the ever maligned Sarah Palin.

Tim Scott, elected as the nation's first black GOP congressman in seven years and the first from the Deep South since Reconstruction, discusses his election during an Associated Press interview in Charleston, S.C., on Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2010.

www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2010/11/03/politics/p130550D87.DTL&object=

www.fitsnews.com...
edit on 5-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

To quote Bill Maher here...

I would never say, and I have never said, because it's not true, that all republicans are racists, that would be silly and wrong. But nowadays, if you're racist, you're probably a republican.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
being a racist is fine.

it is only when the government imposes racist sanctions on the public that racism becomes a problem.

for example, refusing admittance to state medical schools for white students with higher test scores than blacks because of racist quotas.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Not for nothing, and not to paint anyone with a wide brush here...

But isn't the obligatory statement by all racists "Hey, I'm not a racist. In fact I have a black friend...."

In short, one black man does not a "progressive" or "inclusive" movement make.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

being a racist is fine.

This.

Like really, I wasn't sure why everyone was so mad when I constructed a 40 ft tall statue of Hitler on my property in my largely Jewish neighborhood until it dawned on me later, they just hate freedom.

Why we have any law is beyond me.
edit on 5-11-2010 by Whyhi because: emilio estevez

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

If a gangster personification white, black, mexican, asian or whatever other race wants to dress or act like there from the getto then so be it; thats there right.

If that said person meets up with me to buy a gun from armslist.com the craigslist of guns and looks like they just walked off a rap video I wouldn't sale it to them.

I don't think thats racist but some would think it was. Now that same person came to me dressed in a militant type attire I would sale it to them. B/C what you see in dress and stance will be the same things I judge when you come to our check point after X event.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

anyone who quotes Bill Maher as an authority on anything is clearly either....

1. Delusional

2. Severely misinformed...

3. Easily lead a stray

LoL that guy is the most ignorant mouth piece for the left I have ever seen....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Obviously I'm a severely misinformed delusional who's easily led astray because I quoted a democrat...

How's he ignorant and why is it relevant to the statement?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Whyhi

1. Delusional

3. Easily lead a stray

that's rich man
jeebus...and these guys pick on beck?
ok, whatever...

i was typing out a long reply describing the difference between me [white] walking through a black hood, and a black guy walking through my hood. Point being, nothing would happen to the black guy, heck, like as not somebody would offer a ride or cold drink; but let ME be in the "hood" and see what happens...

not even gonna try to explain it, some famous redneck once said --"You can't fix stupid"--
No animals where intended to be harmed in the typing of this post.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In the elections this week, Republicans elected more minorities into seats than the Democrats did- hmmm, seems like odd behavior for a bunch of racists....

s + f OP

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Whyhi

1. Delusional

3. Easily lead a stray

that's rich man
jeebus...and these guys pick on beck?
ok, whatever...

i was typing out a long reply describing the difference between me [white] walking through a black hood, and a black guy walking through my hood. Point being, nothing would happen to the black guy, heck, like as not somebody would offer a ride or cold drink; but let ME be in the "hood" and see what happens...

not even gonna try to explain it, some famous redneck once said --"You can't fix stupid"--
No animals where intended to be harmed in the typing of this post.

Have you ever been to a black neighborhood. Obviously not. I see white men and women walking around black neighborhoods daily. Nothing happens. Unfortuantely as a black man, I work in a white neighborhood, and I seem to get pulled over or harrassed atleast once every couple of months. So that in my opinion really is an ignorant statemnet you just made that is only based off assumptions. Unless you have been to one, and something happened then I can maybe agree with you. Why is that some white people truely believe that we as black man are unruly beligerent animals ready to pounce on white women and beat up white men at any oppotunity. Why so scared, are you truly that afraid of us. Why am I even on this thread entertaining this BS. Anyway i'm out, bout to go find me a blonde hair blue eyed white woman to sexually assult with my mandingo penis.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nobody in the public spotlight is racist anymore.

However, people still root for the “Red” or “Blue” team like they are two completely different and original parties, when in all reality they stand for virtually the same principles and work together to screw the nation as best they can for their corporate masters.

A nation bickering and divided over miniscule details will not be able to focus on the most important part of the motion picture.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Republicans and conservatives need to be careful only to criticize BHO on his Mother's side - not on his Father's side - that way they can't be called racists (at least that's what I do).

For example, I'll say constructive things like, "BHO, your Mama was so ugly, your Daddy only took her out on October 31st." - that way, they can't call ME a racist.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by 46ACE

Not for nothing, and not to paint anyone with a wide brush here...

But isn't the obligatory statement by all racists "Hey, I'm not a racist. In fact I have a black friend...."

In short, one black man does not a "progressive" or "inclusive" movement make.

~Heff

Yes; infact that very idea occurred to me as I hit "post"as a "weakness: in this post .
I knew it would only be a matter of time until somebody brought that up. It would've been better had the man's race not been mentioned in the several news clips I found. However he did break a glass ceiling. there. so it is news worthy.
2directions from here:
1) We can take this as a: "See theres one blackman we stand behind" neener neener" and you can shout me down pointing out the similarity to the lame: "Gee wally but I have plenty of black friends" argument.

2) Or we can move forward and say the knee jerk reaction of"TEABAGGIN RACISTS!!!!"is nott applicable and shouldn't be used in every single case of dissent,and talk issues.

which way do you want it?
play the your team sucks/no your team blows??
or can people talk like Americans over the direction they see their government going.?
the name calling is going nowhere;
you're not convincing us ;we(I) don't really want to fight over wh'os better..
edit on 5-11-2010 by 46ACE because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"Inclusive "is fine but; the words "progessive movement" are repulsive to me and and give me hives."Progress" is a subjective term hijacked by extreme the leftarlyinthe20th century. It implies a positive direction .
edit on 5-11-2010 by 46ACE because: schpelling

edit on 5-11-2010 by 46ACE because: sloppeee schpellings and schtuff...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I find it funny as hell dems call republicans racist, when THEY WERE THE ONES HANGING BLACK REPUBLICANS AND NON COLORED REPUBLICANS!

Republicans have done more for black people than liberals have.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't think Republicans in general are racist, that's a stereotype. I think that they have a lower tolerance for those that perpetuate the stereotypes within each minority which has the tendency to attract racists into their ranks. Using the black congressman as your example though gives off an air of exploitation. The bigger the deal you make out of it the more you put a magnifying glass over the situation. That's part of the republican problem, you put the spotlight on the women and minorities in your group to show your modern and with the program but it looks forced and backfires.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whynow
I don't think Republicans in general are racist, that's a stereotype. I think that they have a lower tolerance for those that perpetuate the stereotypes within each minority which has the tendency to attract racists into their ranks. Using the black congressman as your example though gives off an air of exploitation. The bigger the deal you make out of it the more you put a magnifying glass over the situation. That's part of the republican problem, you put the spotlight on the women and minorities in your group to show your modern and with the program but it looks forced and backfires.

I'm, sure you mean "higher" tolerance(i.e.tolerate more bigots)...God I gotta help you with your insults...

So you're saying we can't "win".this point. If I bring it up I'm a "racist".if i don't I get trampled in the name calling deluge of stereotypes??

well F**k it then...
I tried being reasonable. We'll fight each and every "advance"
edit on 6-11-2010 by 46ACE because: name calling removed.because its stupid and wrong.

edit on 6-11-2010 by 46ACE because: gaaaaah.

edit on 6-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2010 by 46ACE because: too many asterisks

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by whynow

I'm, sure you mean "higher" tolerance(i.e.tolerate more bigots)...God I gotta help you with your insults...

So you're saying we can't "win".this point. If I bring it up I'm a "racist".if i don't I get trampled in the name calling deluge of stereotypes??

well F**k it then...
I tried being reasonable. We'll fight each and every "advance"
edit on 6-11-2010 by 46ACE because: name calling removed.because its stupid and wrong.

edit on 6-11-2010 by 46ACE because: gaaaaah.

edit on 6-11-2010 by 46ACE because: too many asterisks

I wasn't trying to insult you honestly. I was stating that the platform of the party has the unfortunate side effect of attracting racist people. Democrats have the platform with an unfortunate side effect of having people that like abusing the system (i.e. A person that frauds welfare is going to vote Democrat simply because the Democrats want better funding for such programs) What I'm saying is that opponents of any party will take what one says and twist it. So when you put out there that you're not racist because of this congressman it's going to be taken as a front and pr move rather than this man is very qualified in the Republican's eyes and just happens to be a minority.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

edit on 6-11-2010 by whynow because: double post. sorry

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join