It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party needs own Political Party affiliation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

It is time to demand of your current political officials that more parties are allowed to run and of your media that they are given coverage!

We had several 3rd party people on the slate around here but the press hardly ever says how they did or even shows them on the screen durring results. They just show the total votes cast for the two large party runners and disregard the % or total for the others. Its rather shameful if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We had "The Rent is Too Damn High" party here in NY this time around but only two candidates and at least one should not have been allowed to speak publicly but its a step, right?

To what the point made in the post above. I forget if we had 6 or 7 but we did have plenty of parties on the ballot and I could not tell you how any of them did aside from the main two so the media things seems pretty spot on.
edit on 11/6/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Anyway, I've heard that the Tea Party attracts Democrats and Republicans, among other ideologies of people. Were there ANY Democrat Tea Party candidates? Don't you think a 'Tea Party' Party would split the GOP vote?

They do attract both, I'm not a Republican but they got my attention. Of course I don't fit neatly into the Democrat box either.

I think, and don't quote me here because I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think that the tea party supported candidates for Congress all registered as Republicans. When it comes to state and local candidates there were some who ran as Libertarian and at least one that I remember ran as a Democrat, I'd have to look it back up to tell you which states they were in.

It could split up the GOP vote, which is why I said they'd have to be careful how they went about it if they were to become a party of their own. And really, everything from this point forward is going to depend on how those tea party supported senators and representatives do over the next two years. If they do what they were sent to Washington to do and don't get sucked into partisan nonsense, it could very well lead to the tea parties forming an actual political party. Ballot access laws will have to be overhauled though to give them a fair shot at it if they do become an actual party. With the way they are now, the system is biased against anyone outside the Democrats and Republicans getting elected.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I don't know how many Republican voters will prefer to move parties, as that is what the tea parties at most consist of. BH made a good point as well, that a third party would just split the GOP vote so it is not a good idea at the moment.

As for the 45 TP candidates that were voted in, these candidates ran campaigns no differently than their current more established GOP pals ran years ago, the only difference is that they carry a different brand on them. But hey, time show the actual results of voting in these candidates.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

It is time to demand of your current political officials that more parties are allowed to run and of your media that they are given coverage!

We had several 3rd party people on the slate around here but the press hardly ever says how they did or even shows them on the screen durring results. They just show the total votes cast for the two large party runners and disregard the % or total for the others. Its rather shameful if you ask me.

I can't agree more, shame on the American media for their treatment of candidates without a D or R behind their names!

I get a lot of flack on here for not going after the media enough some feel. Being part of it myself though I'll say when I think they are absolutely in the wrong and this is a perfect example.

Write editors, cancel subscriptions and above all, write to advertisers on this, don't give up until every vote matters!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I can't agree more, shame on the American media for their treatment of candidates without a D or R behind their names!

I get a lot of flack on here for not going after the media enough some feel. Being part of it myself though I'll say when I think they are absolutely in the wrong and this is a perfect example.

Write editors, cancel subscriptions and above all, write to advertisers on this, don't give up until every vote matters!

I agree with this sentiment.
It is no different than racial discrimination
except with a political party membership
card.

And I think the TP encompasses members
from both GOP and DEM parties who don't
fit neatly in the boxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join