It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hic, Hic, Hooray! Two-Year Hiccup Is Over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A 50-year-old man who hiccupped non-stop for two years has finally found peace after underoing surgery.

Texan Shane Shafer started hiccuping after suffering a stroke and has since had to have 10 injections a day to bring some relief

www.sky.com...

For those of us who didn't know, hiccups can kill. Fortunately for this man, he was saved by the Vagus Nerve Stimulator. Apparently his Vagus was in need of stimulation. I wonder what it does if you don't have hiccups?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I know how irritated I get when I can't get rid of hiccups for a few minutes, so this is perfectly horrifying to me! Thank goodness they figured out something for him. I wonder how it's affected him emotionally. Does he have nightmares about them coming back? What torture. I think I'd be afraid to yawn or anything lest they return. I wonder if he's on disability and if so, is it for the stroke or the hiccups? I can't imagine holding a job or anything with that going on.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You know, I'm going to follow-up. That guy has got to be anwering those very same questions somewhere.

I can't imagine suffering from this for so long, let alone having to vomit to gain some relief.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
that is amazing. I can't imagine how life would be with hiccups for 2 years straight. I think I would be mad by now. glad to see doctors were able to offer the guy some help.

new topics

top topics

join