It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of being called a conspiracy theorist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Most times when I try to discuss with my friends and family the topics here on ATS, they roll their eyes and give me that "here we go again" look. Why do people pretend that the world is an episode of Ozzie and Harriet instead of looking at things the way they actually are?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I got accused of spreading rumors today about the fact that the body scanners use radiation.
"You shouldn't spread rumors when it is a matter of national security"

Now this is a friend, and it ticks me off royally.

A lot of my friends are good people - gentle people and accepting people but IMO way, way too trusting of the govt. They turn everything into a liberal good vrs conservative bad argument - and not everything HAS a party. Some crap should be wrong no matter what side of the fake political isle you imagine you are on.

So anyway, I totally get ya. I sympathize. It's getting OLD being treated like an idiot when I spend HOURS researching things and they watch 10 minutes of Olberman a few nights a week, yet I am the idiot that is spreading rumors.

This country probably deserves any bad thing coming to it. There must be some really good worms in the sand cause everyone has their birdbrains stuck in it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Denial? Shame that we've let our overlords get us under their boot-heel as much as they have? The fact that our whole lives we've been programmed to believe that authority figures (parents, elders, teachers, the police, government, and on and on) are always looking out for our best interests? Being brainwashed by a media that always presents people that have dissenting opinions as being mentally unstable or naive? The fact that the many problems in our world our overwhelming and soul-destroying?
There's certainly no shortage of reasons why it's just flat out easier for people to ignore what's actually going on. Why get angry about the systematic dismantling of the middle-class when there's a new episode of Dancing with the Stars on?

Oh, and we've also successfully created a culture where wanting to be informed and knowledgeable is scorned.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The good news is that at least we're still informed enough to make predictions like these. Just prepare for the worst and keep up with the times... those unfortunate enough to continue living in ignorance shall soon be their bliss, so as these mindless sheep are herded to the slaughterhouse, lets GET THE # OUT OR DO SOMETHING
edit on 26-11-2010 by freesprite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Start out by showing family members that the Federal Reserve was in fact founded in a conspiracy. From there the rest becomes evident.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Hadriana, while they do use radiation, they actually use less than you receive in two minutes on an airplane. I know this because I told my parents that and my dad who works at a place that uses radiation knew that. I kinda felt foolish, but at the same time they need to tell people that you receive a lot of radiation while flying...But if you or I start to tell people that, they'll call us conspiracy theorists..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The same thing that makes some of us attempt to seek the truth makes other afraid of those of us that do.

Most people want to believe that everything they see and know is the reality of their world. They don't want any surprises because it reminds them that they are not in control. Those people are averse to the act of questioning things that they need to feel they can depend on.

Anytime you question something as major as religion or government or law, the majority of folks will cringe at the mere thought of digging into that conversation. The easiest way to dismiss someone you aren't comfortable with is to call them crazy or angry or a conspiracy nut.

The best way, I find, to offer alternative views of the world to other people is to share "possibilities" with them and invite them to do the analysis for themselves.

You can't make someone see what you see, but you can offer them the chance to adjust their own views through sharing information.

This also serves your interests, as none of what we talk about here is really hardcore truth. It is largely an attempt at informed speculation, so having your friends and family disagree with you in a rational manner can help you to get closer to the truth as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Just hang in there because pretty soon you'll be called a terrorist instead so your wish is about to come true!!!

Never stop being who you are. We're here to learn lessons and your confrontation with your brother-in-law was designed and necessary so......take a deep breath and continuing being you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join