It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News perpetuates, then debunks the Obama India trip story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

"President Obama's trip to India will not cost American taxpayers $200 million each day. The United States Navy will not be sending 34 warships just to defend the President on his trip. Those who watched Anderson Cooper 360, Keith Olbermann's Countdown, or the Rachel Maddow Show all know this truth as all three shows debunked the "Obama India trip" urban legend."

read the rest of the article at the link above. i know its a blog, but wtf? so is obama going to india or not?

they're just trying to keep people from being angry? or what? if it is true that it all originated from... pfftt. glen beck.if i knew that i woulda told you guys not to worry its a load of crap...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
He is certainly going to India but I think maybe some of the figures are overblown like the blog says. Of course they could just be covering itup

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
so, was it glen beck who came up with those numbers? or an "unnamed indian official?" rofl

And now Fox is contradicting itself? ohh i forgot they always do..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It is more than possible, in fact, given the history of coverups in the US government, it is entirely probable, that all of these facts and figures are true. It would probably come as no big shock to the american public if the government were accused of lying to them about such a high profile event. If anything's certain, it's that we may never know the whole story.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by catchmeifyoucan

I do not Know if the 200 Million Dollar a Day Cost is Accurate , but the News of 34 U.S. Warships being Involved with the Trip was Reported by this Source ........

www.ndtv.com...

www.ndtv.com...

edit on 5-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So wait a minute, someone is saying they first put the information out there, which they got from sources online and other locations, then they commence to investigate and they debunk components of the story.

What is wrong with that? Is that not what a news or investigative reporter supposed to do?

I am failing to see the problem here.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
To me what The democrat Governor of Pennsylvania, Ed Rendell is saying about obama's trip to India is nothing but a crock. He is trying to say the opening up of further trade with India will create more jobs in the U.S. My opinion it is backwards this will help export even more jobs and businesses from the United States to India. Americans are way smarter than what the slick politicians give us credit for they think they have hood winked us on taxes, cap and trade, healthcare and now foreign trade give me a break. Look at the elections the people have spoken now politicians stick that in your craw. The Feds keep printing billions and billions more dollars and the dollar keeps plummeting in value. Get ready for hyperinflation and I believe the Fed will keep printing more and more money as they drive the u.s. into becoming a third world Nation. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

A real investigative reporter would have, much like a number of people here at ATS did, debunked the false claim almost immediately before nearly every person on the network repeated the story.

Beck said it.
Hannity said it.
The talking heads on Fox and Friends said it.
Some jerk over at Fox Business said it.

Perhaps now you'll realize why so many people don't watch Fox news for these reasons. They'll spend two or three days prepetuating a story like this, apologize once during their daytime programming and never talk about it again. So Joe Blow viewer will be spoonfed misinformation, not even hear the apology and write off anyone else who disagrees.

Rachel Maddow breaks it down pretty well here.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Yeah, Rachel never does the same thing, oh wait.

Heck, even during the election coverage Chris Mathews called her out for using ad homs.

Like someone ALWAYS states, do not believe anyone, do your own investigation.

Hmmm, who says that?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Totally off-topic and sent as a U2U instead.
edit on 6-11-2010 by links234 because: Off-topic

new topics

top topics

join