It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That feeling of something BIG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Do you feel it? Do you feel that something BIG is around the corner? Some event that could chage things forever?

Ya?

You do, dont you...

This is going to be what changes it all.

ppssstt..guess what? ssshhh...your right

Here comes the kicker, the ridiculous unprofound truth. Get ready...

for your bubble to be thoroughly burst...

Its called your innerself screaming at you to make a change for yourself. And I hate to say it, but that big change will be nothing to me. It wont be a global scale event that rocks the foundation of the world. Not an economic crisis, or a nuclear event. It wont be WW3 or November 6. Not even December 12 2012 or aliens coming down or the return of your God.

What that feeling is is your soul, innerself or whatever you want to call it screaming at you to create a new way in your life. Make honest changes. No one can tell you how or what to change, but you need to change something. If its being alone. Go party. If its partying to much, maybe you should settle. But that feeling isnt some tragedy that will strike the world that is going to change your life forever. The fact is, unfortunate tragedys that rock peoples world happen on a consistant basis. For Christ sake, think Katrina, the tsunami, haiti earthquake, chinese earthquake, 9/11 and its preceeding wars. Go back and think of the 89 frisco earthquake. The hurricanes that have hit Florida, Hawaii (Andrew?), central America. WW1, WW2 the cascade of events that have rocked millions and more accurately billions of lives over the centuries. I know some of you will think these are events are leading to some culmination. But reality says thats not the case.

That being said...I will be happy to admit there will be events that happen that may even affect your life. Things out of your control. But are you really going to sit their and ponder them until it happens? What if it never happens? Well amigo, maybe you should start now with the changing of your habits. That will rock your world far beyond than any outside impact will ever have. Guaranteed.

I see the sentiment here that people are waiting and wishing for some massive event so their life can be different all to much. And to point out, I have been there as well. I thought it was going to be the financial crisis, and it did indeed change my life and many others lives as well. But it also gave me an opportunity. Im not going into my personal crisis that I have gone through. But that feeling inside of you is telling you to make a change. If you havnt gone to college, then go. If your in college and dont know how to fend fo yourself because mommy and daddy pay for everything, go live out of your car and earn money. Dont do those things because you read it here. Do them after some inner reflection. But if you are feeling something is going to make that change for you. You are mistaken. Just make a change and that feeling will end.

But before you go and do something drastic I want to make a disclaimer. That is I believe in moderation. be moderate in everything..even moderation..haha..its a quote...cant remember who. Its not a simple task, but I believe its a good starting point.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Would you edit your post if a nuke went off in New york tonight ?

2line
edit on 5-11-2010 by Vandalour because: A nuke went off

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

lol..id totally eat my foot

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Although I feel like I was lured into this post

You definitely have opinions that vary from mine, but your writing style is excellent and this post definitely engaged me.

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

Yesums a misleading title indeed. aint I a stinker!?

always like to add some perspective. sometimes peeps get wrapped up in the romanticism of BIG change/ end of the world stuff...

when in reality the devil is in the deets, if ya know what im sayin!

and spank u for droppin by!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well you have got quite a conpiracy brewing here.

But on a serious note. Good read. I'll be thinking real hard on how to accomplish the tasks that I have been putting off for a long time. Its time to finish those problems off and make a new future for myself.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MZYYY

Amen bro... attempting the same for myself

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Have been having very Prolific Visions and Dreams as of recently...

abovetopsecret.com...

Been truely tripping out... not here to fear monger, but yes I have been feeling it.

Fox

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
mmm, you definitely got me there, Although I believe that something is going to happen soon on a very large scale (or hope it will)....I feel the need to change certain things in my life , I'm kind of putting it off as its coming up to chrimbo, but i am going to cut down on alcohol consumption, get out on my bicycle more and start Thai Boxing as I feel somewhat vulnerable to modern society.....so basically theres my new years resolutions.

Off to the pub now

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chupa-chups

lol..aaahh yes the pub..the cornerstone of society...so many glorious and dark days there. the answer to all lifes problems... at the bottom of the bottle.

i think that feeling of something big for you is heart burn..i used to get such wicked heartburn after being in that drinkin mode for such a long time...maybe a change of diet would help you with that feeling...liquid bread in excess isnt all what its cracked up to be

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Haha your probably right there, 24 hours later and here I am, not at the pub but yet still sipping that nectar,
One day i'll get my act together

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
On july 26th, a full moon, my brain began a scramble, i believe having to do with jupiter and the current positions of the planets. This crisis which has inevitably affected everyone, has left people, feeling the need to change. I notice that commercials show products in packages of 6, in groups of three. 666 flashes before peoples eyes, and people who dont realize the enlightening nature of the number 6, (my lucky number, based on chinese astrology, which i believe we should look up, to find a better angle on what we are) , will be frightened most likely, running to the church. Obviously corporations know this crisis is happening, so they play on it, trying to scare people back to the church. This thing has given those of us who want to make change, a real chance at getting peoples attention, and showing them the way.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iam666

Welcome aboard number of the beast!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I've got a feeling something BIG is around the corner, but maybe that is because I'm in Texas?

Everything here is big they say.

Should make for an interesting night tonight in Houston.

Funny thing is, everyone is looking for the wrong crisis, in all of the wrong places.

Something big is going to happen soon, hope I am alive to see it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I appreciate your post dude, and who knows you maybe right, but I think you may have missed the point of the OP...

Personally I still believe there may be another serious sinking of the DOW..I hate to admit that (cuz I dont like to be a negative nilly), but history seems to be cyclical and thats what the signs point to.

And history also points to wars after these kinds of economic events. Hopefully thats not the case, and I believe the world is to globalized for there to be any large scale war (or "BIG" event of that nature) anytime soon. I dont believe any nukes will be going off anytime soon, and I dont believe religious events are likely to occur.

Im ok with talking about "what if" scenarios based in reality (thats why we are here right?), but other than economical predictions I see all the other types of predictions as pointless speculative rubbish without much merit.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
No offense to anyone but seems like I see a few posts every month about something BIG coming and then it doesn't lol but there are SO many threads on this lol, there is something BIG happening every day on this site lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PennKen2009

Try reading the post...dood

new topics

top topics

join