It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Olbermann suspended for Dem contributions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Looks like MSNBC is going to take a swing to the right in interest of getting ratings. THey weren't always liberal. That started to happen in the Bush years. I don't watch it, so don't scream at me. I don't watch any of the channels.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think in the end it doesn’t matter about journalistic ethics. There is a war going on in this country.

The war is between the rich elite who have deceived millions in helping them maintain their suzerainty over everyone and everything else, and refuse to allow for the freedom of all of the American people.

Indeed, no one is free when they have no health care.

No one is free when they have fear of being on the street, or having no Job.

No one is free when forty or more of the country lives at the poverty level, at the same time the wealthy have enjoined opulence and wealth unlike anything in the history of humanity.

This is not an accident or because people are lazy and stupid.

However flawed Olbermann is; he is on the right side of history, and the right side of God against the mandarin puppets of the elite on Fox news, and the conservative Republican Tea party phonies who live and breath to serve the interest of the wealthy ruling class

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

news.yahoo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Go Olbermann!

edit on 5-11-2010 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
In other words, MSNBC suspended Olbermann as a giant MSNBC commercial.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!

I agree with that 100%. I guess only time will tell if it works.

For my 2 cents, it doesn't make me see them any differently than I did before. To give the Fox / MSNBC horse one more whack - I wouldn't be surprised if Fox finds a reason to suspend someone now just so they can say, "See!! We got that integrity stuff here too!!" When, I'm honestly not sure either has much of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I don’t like Fox News I think that is obvious but I do not want it to be shut down because I don’t like flipping through the channels and seeing Sean Hannity. If I don’t want to see the FOX anchors I will remove them from my list of channels, simple as that really.

No need to remove them from television.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I believe he has the right to donate to anyone he so chooses. He just has to disclose any such donations. Obviously I don't have his contract in front of me but that is what seems most likely.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

He defended the right in his speech at the rally. Including the tea party and Juan Williams.. DEFENDED.
As well as DEFENDING the Tea party on his show.

Did you watch it? I did.

He's a left leaning person but he is not a voice of the left.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh, gotcha. I did miss that point.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You’re actually saying that FOX has more Liberals on than MSNBC has Conservatives on? Have you ever watched MSNBC? I watch it every day, the whole nightly line-up and most of the day whenever I can. I see Republicans on MSNBC all the time, sure Olbermann and Maddow does not have Republicans on but every night a Republican is on The Ed Show, The Dylan Ratigan Show, Hardball with Chris Matthews and most nights The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell this is not including the regular news shows before 4 p.m.

Plenty of Republicans on MSNBC to give their side like with questions from the anchors like “What spending will you cut” and they never answer. They have their chance to speak to a Liberal audience and we hear their side, which IMO is usually a side which doesn’t answer direct questions.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

To me there is a difference between reporting the news, which both networks do well, to that of Olbermann, O'Reilly, Maddow, Beck etc who have opinion shows.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Woah...wait...stop the presses...

your saying Olberman was a closet democrat supporter?

nooo...you don't say.

next you will be trying to tell me hannity supports the republicans.

say it aint so.

Anyhow, he broke contract..I would say fine him and let him back on the air..he is a commentator, not a journalist..his show is 100% Dems rule, Reps drool..anyone whom took his program as little more than a liberal talking points entertainment program is retarded anyhow..same with hannity and beck on the opposite side of the fence.

NBC needs to keep Keith on board...he is their mascot...they aren't fooling anyone with this suspension.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Misoir

To me there is a difference between reporting the news, which both networks do well, to that of Olbermann, O'Reilly, Maddow, Beck etc who have opinion shows.

I agree with you I would actually prefer all the opinion shows removed from 'News Channels' but this doesn't mean the Liberals are removed and Conservatives remain. It should be a removal of them equally. Olbermann and O'Reilly, Hannity and Maddow, Beck and Schultz, Matthews and Cavuto, O'Donnell and Sustren. Take them down and replace them with real NEWS anchors.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Don't forget Morning Joe.
There are lots of conservatives on MSNBC.

Originally posted by Misoir
I agree with you I would actually prefer all the opinion shows removed from 'News Channels' but this doesn't mean the Liberals are removed and Conservatives remain. It should be a removal of them equally. Olbermann and O'Reilly, Hannity and Maddow, Beck and Schultz, Matthews and Cavuto, O'Donnell and Sustren. Take them down and replace them with real NEWS anchors.

Wouldn't that be GREAT? The way News used to be. Ah... the good old days, when it didn't matter what news channel we watched and we didn't know the politics of the anchors!
edit on 11/5/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Although Rupert Murdoch contributed $2m (£1.23m) to the Republicans and commentators from his Fox News network also made donations, papers such as the New York Times, National Public Radio and television channels such as CNN and MSNBC seek to maintain strict neutrality.

-sighs-

So, they are demanding nobody counter fox propaganda channel then...

Why is it the right feels super comfortable in kicking out integrety but the left fears even eyeballing that line to counter the biggest mainstream nonsense channel out there.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Misoir

aka, turn to CNN

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I actually enjoy Morning Joe, his show is great. My statement still stands though that all political news anchors should be removed.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

The war is between the rich elite who have deceived millions in helping them maintain their suzerainty over everyone and everything else, and refuse to allow for the freedom of all of the American people.

Indeed, no one is free when they have no health care.

No one is free when they have fear of being on the street, or having no Job.

No one is free when forty or more of the country lives at the poverty level, at the same time the wealthy have enjoined opulence and wealth unlike anything in the history of humanity.

This is not an accident or because people are lazy and stupid.

No one is free when the fruit of their labor is taken by government and redistributed to fund someone elses healthcare.

No one is free when the fruits of their labor are taken by government to subsidize the lifestyle of others.

No one is free when government can take more and more of your money and spend it irresponsibly by providing for those who dont provide for themselves.

There is no right to healthcare.

There is no right to live in a house.

There is no right to a job.

There is no right to live above the poverty line.

These are all things you EARN by WORKING for them.
edit on 5-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Completely agree with you on that... This topic reminds me of this video, which pretty much pinpoints our arguments:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think Keith knew exactly what he was doing
when he contributed to these campaigns.
He did it to make a statement of his own.
Whether or not everybody sees that statement
remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The report on Fox News talked about it a little more in depth. Apparently 2 of the candidates he donated 2 won their elections, while a 3rd did not. The checks he wrote, $2,400.00 to each of them, occurred right after they were on his show, where he endorsed them.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
No one is free when government can take more and more of your money and spend it irresponsibly by providing for those who dont provide for themselves.
There is no right to healthcare.
There is no right to live in a house.
There is no right to a job.
There is no right to live above the poverty line.
These are all things you EARN by WORKING for them.

so..... question here:

when anybody becomes unable to work
whether it be disability or old age or
no jobs available, then according to
the above statements, someone should
just take us out in the woods like an old dog
and shoot us so we're not a strain on
others or society???

And what happens when you are unable
to work? Will you change your mind then?
just asking

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join