It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whay Obama going to India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This might be very good reason for the extravagant trip. gotta show your goods.

US to bid for Indian aircraft deal
Barack Obama, the US president, is set to visit India for the first time since taking office in an effort to boost trade and defence ties between the two allies.

One possible agreement includes a nearly $6bn deal on military aircraft, including fighter jets, which the US hopes to sell to Asia's third largest economy.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I'm sure you are right. I hope he gets a sense of how / why the US is losing so many jobs to India, then he can come up with how to change that.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Some more info:

Obama’s visit may not achieve much
It might be unfair to prejudge the impact of US president Barack Obama’s visit to India this weekend, but there are indications that the results will be underwhelming.
There are two reasons for this. First, Obama’s political fortunes at home are set to take a beating in the Congressional elections now underway.
The other reason is that there are no positive big ticket political issues on the agenda — like the civil nuclear deal agreed during president George Bush’s 2006 visit.

The emphasis is on trade, with Obama leading a large business delegation.

www.dnaindia.com...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Obama to Visit India, and Both Sides Hope to Expand Ties
American brands as diverse as Mary Kay cosmetics, Harley-Davidson motorcycles and Cinnabon sticky buns have recently set up shop or expanded in India, often with local partners helping them navigate this country’s notoriously convoluted bureaucracy. Meanwhile, American corporate giants like General Motors and the drug maker Bristol-Myers are expanding factories, sales outlets and research laboratories in India.

American imports to India have nearly quintupled in a decade, helped by brands like Harley-Davidson setting up shop.
Shoppers in an upscale mall in Bangalore, where Levi’s jeans are available for purchase on an interest-free installment plan
www.nytimes.com...

Maybe this can ease one of our many worries.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Yeah, have India bring some jobs over here to us, and not just money deal for the corps.

but I do hope this visit pays for itself. It would sure be sad if India decides looking at things over here, they decline any deals. Talk about bad day.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Its a 10 day trip covering India, Japan, South Korea and Indonesia (If i remember right) on an economic trip. He trying to drum up business for the US to help the economy.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If he can get the ball rollin for us, he will have quite a bit of respect at least from me...I do know, though, the economy cant do a turnaround over night, plus we are probably seeing the outcome of quite a few years worth of rotten stuff coming to the surface..I swear, even if I were offered a million dollars a year, I would not in my right mind take job as a president....maybe that's why rumors goin around Obama isnt in his right mind. Gotta be nuts to try and undo what all has been done let alone try and fix it..
But time will tell, whether he remains in office or someone else takes his place, I hope thinks not only get fixed, but I hope even more that those who have been getting away with evil crap are served justice----just like the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
perhaps its the allure of trantic yoga thats beckoning him & his mrs.

arming India like he did with Saudi is far from the 'Nobel Peace Prize' recipients mind !
edit on 5-11-2010 by St Udio because: forgot a 'k'

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

He's going to have to come up with a lot of business to cover the $200 million per day cost of this extravaganza. I predict a net loss on this visit. Since when does a lawyer and community activist (aka Marxist) exhibit any ability to run a business or control costs?

I think it's more than just business. Otherwise why move all those aircraft carriers and missile ships into the Indian Ocean? Maybe he's expecting something nasty to hit conus, and wants to be surrounded by his personal Praetorian guard when it hits the fan.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

That is the reason there are over 3,000 people tagging along with him. This is an economic trip, and Obama will not be doing all of the stuff on the agenda.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Maybe it's to get military support. Hilary Clinton arrived in Australia this morning and she's here to talk about Australia's military presence in USA's operations.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki

This might be very good reason for the extravagant trip. gotta show your goods.

US to bid for Indian aircraft deal
Barack Obama, the US president, is set to visit India for the first time since taking office in an effort to boost trade and defence ties between the two allies.

One possible agreement includes a nearly $6bn deal on military aircraft, including fighter jets, which the US hopes to sell to Asia's third largest economy.

english.aljazeera.net...

That is what I'm talking about. it's about time that someone has enough foresight
to notice a country with potential.

new topics

top topics

join