It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Nikola Tesla may have set off the 1908 Tunguska explosion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
The Tunguska explosion covered 830 sq miles, which would be consistent with @ 16-17 MT aerial blast. (A = pi * r^2 = pi * (16)^2 = 256*pi = 804.247 sq miles)

However, note that there is a big difference between a 10MT aerial blast and a 16-17MT aerial blast, which would only have affected 314 sq miles.

Even if Tesla's "Death Ray" Tower could transmit with enough power and force in excess of the equivalent of 10MT, it wouldn't have necessarily been capable of 16MT+.

And that isn't taking into account resistance either. Whether transmitted through the earth or through the atmosphere the further the distance the "Death Ray" would have to travel the lesser the end result, requiring far greater power and force would to have been transmitted initially.

Although I for one will acknowledge Tesla as a genius without parallel in the 20th century (well, maybe Willhelm Reich, but that's for another thread), but this just doesn't seem very plausible. I won't discount the possibility, just the probability.

I don't discount what you have written since I cannot. I am a biochemist so while this is out of my area of expertise, it is most certainly in my area of interest. I believe Tesla could have truly made the world a substantially better place had he been allowed to do so. Even 100 years ago, "powerful" men would only allow technology to proceed if there was a price tag associated. Tesla merely wanted to give mankind the benefits of his incredible discoveries.

What we do not know is what his tower was truly capable of.

In regards to your thoughts on probability, I tend to agree. While there is a part of me that found this article both fascinating as well as another, albeit infamous, feather in Tesla's cap, I have a difficult time believing that such technology was in one man's hand 100 years ago.

Then again, his technology could have well been the blueprint for HAARP.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Then again, his technology could have well been the blueprint for HAARP.

I was going to say the exact same thing but decided against it to prevent a new conspiracy theory from being born.

However, reading that article and considering the methods and implications, HAARP is precisely what came first to mind.

Although another thing that occurred to me is that Tesla's wireless system required the use of a receiver. Without a receiver there was no way to accurately transmit power wireless. Anyone who has seen a Tesla Coil in action understands that the arc of an electrical charge is random and cannot be predicted nor easily directed. To control an arc you need something to receive it in order to direct the arc of the charge to it. So, unless Tesla had one of his Receiving Transformers delivered to the epicenter of the Tunguska blast, I'm not sure if what was presented in this article is possible with the technology that was available to Tesla.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

His idea was to charge the ionosphere. That would store the energy hence his receiver.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Exactly. It was purported that Tesla could "see" electrical and magnetic fields. I can neither prove nor refute that.

However, based upon what he was capable of doing, one has to err on the side that he may well have had that ability.

I guess that's what really pisses me off about his work being relegated to conspiracy when he obviously was a gift to humanity that those at the time chose to squander.
edit on 5-11-2010 by bozzchem because: I really need to hit the preview button first....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Tesla could see electrical and magnetic fields. He learned how to make his alternating current machine through a vision, also his entire life he could visualize anything he wanted, he was able to create machines in his head.

When he died the government stole all his papers so I have no doubt that HAARP could be based on Teslas work.
All the man wanted to do was give his gift to the world through free energy, but TPTB couldn't let him stop one of their biggest rackets so they stifled his career and stole his technology.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

When he died the government stole all his papers so I have no doubt that HAARP could be based on Teslas work.
All the man wanted to do was give his gift to the world through free energy, but TPTB couldn't let him stop one of their biggest rackets so they stifled his career and stole his technology.

You'll get no argument from me. I agree 100%.

While it is nothing more than my own opinion, I feel confident that had Tesla's genius been allowed undeterred we would all be far, FAR better off than we are now.

Then again, who am I? I am not Westinghouse, GE or the myriad of other companies who stifled his work.

I will have to say that my studies of Tesla completely changed my thoughts regarding Edison. Interesting that our children are taught about the great accomplishments of Edison when he was an abject failure and shown to be such by Tesla.

DC vs. AC? Yeah, as if there is even a comparison. I digress...
edit on 5-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
His idea was to charge the ionosphere. That would store the energy hence his receiver.

Fair enough...but then how did he propose to get the "Teleforce"/"peace ray"/"death ray" to go from the ionosphere to it's intended target? Either that electrical charge in the ionosphere will safely dissipate over time or it will go to ground in a strike...choosing the path of least resistance to ground, something which cannot be predicted or targeted (the exception being if the charge was attenuated to the frequency of a receiver).

So, I suppose this premise could be valid *IF* Tesla didn't intentionally choose his target and did not anticipate that the plasma charge would explode in the atmosphere, rather than either dissipate or go to ground. As such, he would have had to be unbelievably lucky and fortunate that the unintentional target happened to be a remote and mostly uninhabited area with only three residences in the blast radius rather than it being a populated city such as NYC.

Granted, Tesla had accurately determined the frequency of the ionosphere at 7.3 Hz some 50 years before any other scientist could determine this, and he had successfully been able to charge the troposphere with twenty million volts from a 200 kw AC generator, but even this success was limited as he was only able to cause electrostatic induction instead of exciting it to a plasma state. He apparently lacked either the resources or the means to reach above 5 miles to the top of the troposphere, let alone to reach the ionosphere that begins at @ 50 miles up during the day (and higher at night).

However, after doing more research on Wardenclyffe Tower I found numerous references that it was never finished. The tungsten and mercury plating on the cupola (dome) which was a requisite component to generating a conductive wireless stream of charged plasma particles was never completed and as such was never operational, even though the generator at Wardenclyffe Tower was.

I don't deny that Tesla was a genius not only far before his time but had a comprehension of electromagnetics still unimaginable by most. However, Tesla was still a man, not a magician. He was still limited by the Laws of Physics even if he did understand them better than everyone else. Attributing alternate explanations for world events to Tesla is entertaining, and it does bring more awareness to Tesla and his works (even I have to admit that my knowledge of Tesla's works increased dramatically because of researching the claims made in article linked in the OP), however fanciful thinking rarely makes a tall-tale any more true.

Unless someone were to present a more valid and demonstrable case for linking Tesla to the Tunguska explosion then I'm personally satisfied to write it off as a premise based on nothing more than mental masturbation.

However, the more and more I read into high-voltage plasma transmission, LC Circuits, Earth-resonance based systems, and Teleforce, the more I am growing more and more convinced that the HAARP and Tesla connection might not be as far off as I originally made it sound in my previous post in this thread. In retrospect I may have been too casually dismissive. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that our government seized the scientific research of a genius that had potential military applications and turned around and applied that research in a classified project (although the irony is that Tesla offered to give that technology to our government who showed no interest in it at the time! Why take something that is freely offered when you can just steal it instead? Sounds like typical DoD logic there!).
edit on 6-11-2010 by fraterormus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
To those who are curious in the methods tesla used you'll be wanting to look into scalar electromagnetics/inferiometers, dirac, bearden, townsend brown, thomas moray, most unified field theories. Tesals' colorado springs notebook and other notebooks would be great for an inquiring mind to read, they are all available on the net. The trick is to minimise longditudinal EM losses, don't do the typical high frequency coil design which is EM lossy, you want LF around 1-20hz. The earth is just a big tesla coil ball really, and the core is cathode, the energy there is enourmous, but too much tutuing and the sun will get unhappy at you, the darn ruskies know this all to well....
edit on 6/11/10 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

One of the more controversial topics involving Nikola Tesla is what became of many of his technical and scientific papers after he died in 1943. Just before his death at the height of World War II, he claimed that he had perfected his so-called "death beam." So it was natural that the FBI and other U.S. Government agencies would be interested in any scientific ideas involving weaponry. Some were concerned that Tesla's papers might fall into the hands of the Axis powers or the Soviets.

www.pbs.org...

It's 4:30am and I woke up to add a few logs to the wood stove. I did a quick search based on your post and found the above. Once I get back up, I'll do more research since I can read about Tesla for days and never tire of it. Well, almost never...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Fair enough...but then how did he propose to get the "Teleforce"/"peace ray"/"death ray" to go from the ionosphere to it's intended target? Either that electrical charge in the ionosphere will safely dissipate over time or it will go to ground in a strike...choosing the path of least resistance to ground, something which cannot be predicted or targeted (the exception being if the charge was attenuated to the frequency of a receiver).

I hear ya....

I heard it described in class as.... He would theoretically send up a massive charge into the ionosphere that would circle the globe, as it came around and neared his location again he would send up another massive charge [Spanking it] thus sending it around again at an increasing speed and charge. [Repeating the process several times] It was described in this manner to me. I doubt that back in his time with the technology of the period it would have been feasible to track such a charge and then as you pointed out how to direct the charge Earthward.

However as some have pointed out we do have such ability to accomplish those two with our technology of this and the latter half of the last century.

ETA: With the fact that many of his ideas and patents are now classified does make one wonder.
edit on 6-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hello all,
Many years of watching,finally decided to get on board. My home going to get ransacked by PTB in the middle of the night now?
Telsa as an explanation is far more plausible then space ships stopping an asteroid from hitting the Earth.
Can't find the link to that theory right now. Great topic. Seems logical he could prove he could aim a beam into a general location and unleash some energy. Siberia looks pretty remote.
Can't murder a guy with that kind of talent. Discredit him and keep an eye on his work,then steal all the data he's been collecting? Great Idea.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

About the receiver you inquired about: Tesla demonstrated an electrical car with no battery, he just had an antenna and drove around with his nephew.

Tesla Electric car
edit on 12-11-2010 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great video you posted I just watched it on youtube while checking out another explosion (the Tsar Bomb) and came upon this at Tunguska -checked to see if it was here. And it was.

I think these videos are new to the thread. Looks much like original footage.

This was thoroughly investigated as all this footage suggests and remains without a plausible explanation. Why don't topics like this get more activity and interest since this might be some sort of ET technology. Certainly hard to explain. What are the odds of exploding just over the earth? They must be incredible.

This is from UFO TV dwells heavily on the ET angle.
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join