It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Nikola Tesla may have set off the 1908 Tunguska explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.helium.com...

During the year of 1908 the quiet Siberian countryside was rocked by a blast more powerful than the atomic detonation set off over Hiroshima. In literally seconds, 800 square miles of virgin forest lay splintered and flattened in the Tunguska region of Russia. The horrific blast eventually became known among investigators as the "Tunguska Event." What caused such violent and widespread devastation? The most widely accepted theory amongst orthodox scientists is that a cometary or meteoric explosion occurred in the upper atmosphere. The resulting shock waves flattened everything below the explosion.

This is certainly an interesting read. I think Tesla was amongst the most important men who have ever lived.

I also believe that much of his technology has been suppressed by those who really pull the strings in this country.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
He was an awesome man but what would he have to do with this? Do you have any ideas of what he was working on that could have done that?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Read the info from the link you gave - interesting indeed...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc3b1f9a6e7b.jpg[/atsimg]

Sounds like he sure believed it was possible to accomplish this, and if he was going through depression at one time or another, this may have been a symptom of that...scary thought.

Thanks for the 411...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

A fanciful notion..I'd like to give it some more creedence but I don't see any evidence linking Tesla to the Tunguska event. Didn't Tesla do most of his work in the United States? Trying also to verify him being struck by lightning as a child and that was a driving force in his (genius) work.

It was during a violent Colorado electrical storm that Tesla came to make one of his most astounding scientific discoveries. After carefully adjusting his delicate measuring instruments, the inventor noted an unusual reaction to the earth's electrical activity. "No doubt whatever remained," said Tesla, "I was observing stationary (standing) waves.... Impossible as it seemed, this planet, despite its vast extent, behaved like a conductor of limited dimensions. The tremendous significance of this fact in the transmission of energy by my system had already become quite clear to me. Not only was it practicable to send telegraphic messages to any distance without wires, as I recognized long ago, but also to impress upon the entire globe the faint modulations of the human voice, far more still, to transmit power, in unlimited amounts to any terrestrial distance and almost without loss."

Link

This part makes me wonder though...

As a result of his investigations, Tesla concluded that the earth was not only electrified, but that it was charged to an extreme potential. Accordingly, if it were possible to increase the magnitude of the earth's electric charge by artificial means, it might also be possible to withdraw the applied energy anywhere on the globe. Basically, this meant that Tesla's "system" was to provide the benefits of electricity not only to the highly populated continents, but even to the most remote civilized outposts whether on land or at sea.

edit on 5-11-2010 by HollowJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HollowJacket

A fanciful notion..I'd like to give it some more creedence but I don't see any evidence linking Tesla to the Tunguska event. Didn't Tesla do most of his work in the United States? Trying also to verify him being struck by lightning as a child and that was a driving force in his (genius) work.

I tend to agree with you. My understanding is that his work on the wireless energy tower took place in the States. However, the article indicates he may have directed the energy toward the area, presumably from the States.

From the article:

When Tesla wrote that in 1915 he seems to have made an admission of a test of the Tower. Although undocumented, Tesla did have the capability to transmit high energy wave frequencies generating catastrophic forces in excess of 10 megatons.

I could certainly find it plausible that if he had tested it, this could have been a potential outcome.

edit on 5-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
good thread. i say this, if Tunguska was just something from space hitting out atmosphere,ill eat my gym shoes.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The Tunguska Event has recently been investigated by the physics department, University of Bologna ... Or you could go by the Local's variation of the story....

"Suslov discovered that the local Evenk people attributed the blast to a great shaman called Magankan. For a long time there had been war and feuds between the Evenk clans living along the right tributaries of the Lower Tunguska. This led to the rival shamans sending their evil spirits against each other causing diseases and other troubles. Then Magankan called on the Agdy, the God of Thunder (who looks like an old man) but also the Agdy birds - the Thunderbirds - big, black and made of iron, with fiery eyes. The beating of their wings causes thunder and lightning flashes from their eyes. This happened in the early morning of 30th June 1908. A flock of Agdy were called by the shaman Magankan. The Agdy came down on the territory of the Shanyagir clan. Tents were blown into the air. People were hurt. 250 reindeer from the herd of Andrei Onkoul disappeared without trace - and other reindeer and also dogs were killed. The wooden storage houses on platforms, where they kept all their food, clothes and equipment were totaly destroyed in just a few seconds."

Link

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thus, HAARP was conceived. and 102 years later... what else have they been able to figure out.?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HollowJacket

This is from a link within the original from the OP:

A recent analysis of Tesla's wireless transmission method shows that he used an electrostatic
transmission technique that did not radiate radio waves as we know them and could sent waves through
the earth with little loss of power.24 The question remains of whether Tesla demonstrated the weapons
application of his power transmission system. Circumstantial evidence found in the chronology of
Tesla's work and financial fortunes between 1900 and 1908 points to there having been a test of this
weapon

The test, it seems, was not a complete success. It
must have been difficult controlling the vast amount
of power in transmitter to the exact spot Tesla intended. The North Pole lies close to a great circle line
connecting Shoreham, Long Island and the Tunguska region. That path passes close by Alert on
Ellesmere Island where Peary spent the winter.37 The uninhabited region between Alert and the North
Pole might have been the intended target for a test firing of the wireless transmission system. However,
"the accepted terrestrial measurements" of that day were not precise enough for the task. The
destructive electrical wave overshot its target.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdd5aa9b82e7.gif[/atsimg]

Who knows...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

This is great info OP. Tesla and Tunguska in the same breath- absolutely wonderful.

However the 5 page document i've just read fails to bring any evidence to the table. WHO ARE these people supplying the info for the articles? What is their pedigree and reputation? I can't even track down the supporting document?

On the other hand... The Tesla quotes if proven true do indeed suggest a large scale test of something capable massive destruction. I have always believed that Tesla was right about his wireless comms and that he could create global free wireless communicating medium beamed around the 'ether' with less than ten receiving/transmitting towers.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Aah thanks for pointing that out to me I must've missed that.

I posted the link to the university site before fully looking through it also... there It seems they beleive the "object" broke apart in mid air, exploded, and that was the cause of the event- and then the meteors parts fell and landed elsewhere specifically a lake bed? Im about to go in google earth and see if I can find how far apart the 2 are (the forest & the lakebed)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

SF MMMMMMMM! This has really got me thinking.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That was a nice read. Thanks for the link. S+F

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have read somewhere and will try to found it, but here in short.

There was a pole expedition planned, and Tesla dit meet the expedition leader and told him to look for an event during the expedition.

Tesla wanted to test his technique with reflecting energy from the ground to the atmosphere and amplified to a place on earth.

When the expedition returned Tesla was told they dit not see anything unusual and Tesla dit think the experiment had failed.

Until a little later he received an newsartikel (remember news was a bit slower those days) and he read about the Tunguska explosion. The dates matched and after calculations he came to the conclusion he had overshot his target, and seeing the devastation he abandoned the experiment.

Later when the war started he offered the technique to the army but was reduculled, as mad scientist with a dead-ray.

(disclaimer, this is how i remember it, i will try to locate the article, if there is, it could be a sum of all the crazy stuff i read ;-)

Some info
edit on 5-11-2010 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here are the google earth coordinates for the tunguska crater..I cant look myself because I'm at work. This computer doesnt have the full google earth on it.

60*54'06.96"N 101*55'44.94"E

edit on 5-11-2010 by HollowJacket because: divided by 0

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HollowJacket
Here are the google earth coordinates for the tunguska crater..I cant look myself because I'm at work. This computer doesnt have the full google earth on it.

Well first off there is no solid proof of a crater. There is however a ground zero of the blast in the shape of a butterfly pattern which jives with an atmospheric Air-burst of an incoming comet shock-wave

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50fe4a4ea51a.gif[/atsimg]

Tunguska epicenter. Moving away from ground zero, the outward component of blast wind speed quickly picks up and levels all trees radially from zero point. Note how the direct and reflected shockwaves reinforce near the ground (brighter area at the lower left indicating shock strengthening). This phenomenon is known as the Mach stem and further adds to the destruction caused by an airburst.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c73b937de50b.jpeg[/atsimg]

Second, there wasn't much action happening with the Tower in question in 1908. Tesla was going broke and the facility was pretty much moth balled at the time with a skeleton crew.
Linky here....

By 1905, since Tesla could not find any more backers, most of the site's activity had to be shut down. Employees were laid off in 1906, but parts of the building remained in use until 1907. In 1908, the property was foreclosed for the first time. Tesla procured a new mortgage from George C. Boldt, proprietor of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The facility was partially abandoned around 1911, and the tower structure deteriorated.

edit on 5-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The Tunguska explosion covered 830 sq miles, which would be consistent with @ 16-17 MT aerial blast. (A = pi * r^2 = pi * (16)^2 = 256*pi = 804.247 sq miles)

However, note that there is a big difference between a 10MT aerial blast and a 16-17MT aerial blast, which would only have affected 314 sq miles.

Even if Tesla's "Death Ray" Tower could transmit with enough power and force in excess of the equivalent of 10MT, it wouldn't have necessarily been capable of 16MT+.

And that isn't taking into account resistance either. Whether transmitted through the earth or through the atmosphere the further the distance the "Death Ray" would have to travel the lesser the end result, requiring far greater power and force would to have been transmitted initially.

Although I for one will acknowledge Tesla as a genius without parallel in the 20th century (well, maybe Willhelm Reich, but that's for another thread), but this just doesn't seem very plausible. I won't discount the possibility, just the probability.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The study the university did seems to think that one of the peices from whatever it was fell into Lake cheko...but yeah you're right there is no crater i mis-spoke. or typed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dbd20cc76de.jpg[/atsimg] It seems credible that whatever happened it came from space...just dont know why something as (relatively) common as a comet/meteor entering the atmosphere and breaking up would cause such a massive explosion? has anyone found out how big they presume the object would have to be?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

edit on 5-11-2010 by HollowJacket because: double post

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HollowJacket

It's a possibility, however the lack of a crater from a blast that large does raise some rather interesting questions. One would assume that something on that magnitude would create a massive crater.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join