It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis ambushed by Israeli Arab mob on their way to a pub- Just for being in the wrong neighborhoo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by joewalker

Hey Joe.

Dunno tbh, can you understand why I have doubt over the whole 'pre-planned ambush' thing?

No, I can't.. Clearly there has been some planning involved in this.. They set up a barricade, they set up another row of taxis to prevent them from escaping, and they led them straight in..
I'm not saying the other event wasn't planned, but they didn't ask for those people to come only so they could beat them up..

The other gang of thugs trapped and attacked people in thier homes. Both were despicable acts in my book and no, I still fail to see a difference.

No, they just took advantage of an existing situation, they didn't create the situation.. Even if those people were out in the street, the Safed thugs would have made sure they're trapped, but they didn't create a situation in order to be violent towards a group they don't like..
You really can't see the difference between hurting a bunch of people because you're trying to scare them away, and luring people into your town so you can hurt them?

Yea, a roll of fence wire that could be driven over and a line of taxi's with a car sized escape route....Did you check out the vid I posted which shows typical roads in Issawiya?

You're assuming that the whole barricade was this one roll of fence, and you're not considering the possibility that the taxis were placed in a way that prevents passage..
Besides, it doesn't really matter, it's the intention that matters- They intended to trap them in..

Yea, I read similar remarks and excuses from people on other forums all the time. Where would we be without labels huh?

Never said they were bad people.. Their culture is primitive in western standards, is all.
You think you know better? Come visit, check it out for yourself. This isn't about Islam, this isn't about Arabs in America, this isn't about their character or anything like that, this is just how it is- Arab culture tends to be more conservative, and in many parts of the world is down right primitive...

Or they're not primitive, and we're all sluts and infidels.. That could also be true, I don't know.. It's all subjective I guess..

Trouble with the occupation is, imho, that it drives people towards the religiously insane; It gives them legitimacy. Especially when you consider the driving force is based on books written from oral tradition from thousands of yrs ago.

Can't blame them really..

Wasnt there something in the various treaties about helping to improve the ecconomic and societal structures of the native inhabitants of Palestine. How'd that work out?

Isn't Israel providing the West Bank with lots and lots of money?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

*facepalm*

The way I see it is Israel appeared before Arabs eyes and they did all they could to prevent it. I call that defending yourself.

You can call it the hokey pokey if you'd like, the rest of the world still calls it an attack...
In order to defend against something you have to be attacked.. The existence of Israel is hardly an attack by itself..

So no, those wars weren't in self defense, they were attacks.
Or do I need to quote the dictionary for you to understand the concept of self defense?

But your right they didn't have the ability to repel the creation of a new state on land that belonged to them.

Oh please.. By what right was it "theirs"? They took it from the ones that were there before them, who took it from the people that were there before them, and so one.. Who owned this piece of land?
Saying they were rightfully pissed off because the Jews had bought the lands they were living on from under them, or because they realize they'd have to share their land with the Jews is one thing.. But saying it was their land to begin with is childish at best..

I think in the long run the tide will turn and Israel will find itself exposed. At that point the Arabs will seek revenge and it's will be bad news for all those living in Israel. Which will be a shame because it does not have to be that way.

Never going to happen.. Grow up...
Israel is already exposed.. It's a country just like any other.. Its people are no more brutal than your people. They just happen to live in an unending warzone..
The Arabs are already looking for revenge.. The ones that do are usually small radical organizations. The ones that aren't are looking for peace. Some have already found it.

If the point of your thread was to summon up some sympathy for these Israelis that got beat up then its a massive fail. If every single Israeli was drivin into the sea I doubt not a single Arab would feel any remorse or sympathy for them. Same goes for a fair chunk of western culture/civilisation.

2) There are many examples of Israeli violence against Arabs, mostly military, and mostly on orders. Never lynchings or attempted lynching of this sort and magnitude (Non that I know of..).
3) There is a long history of violence between Arabs and Israelis- This single incident is not the worst event that had ever occurred (on both sides), nor is it any indication to the nature of the conflict or the people in it..
4) This is an isolated event, and while it does happen more often than anyone would like, Israelis can usually go to Arab communities without being lynched.
5) There are a lot of good reasons for the Arab population to be angry with Israel

Your understanding is a massive fail.
This is about mob mentality, this is about the other side of things, this is why Israelis are able to think so badly of Arabs, this is about public opinions and the reasons behind it, this is about how prejudice is born, this is about the balance of hatred, this is about what you won't see in your news, and what your friends from church won't ever tell you.
This is hardly about feeling sorry for those Israeli, or demonizing the Arab society.

Now, as I have said in many previous posts, you have to ask why that is. Why is is it that Israel is hated by so many people around the world, and why is it that so many would be glad to see the back of it ?

Why is it that America is hated by so many people around the world? Why is it that Islam is hated by so many people around the world? Why is it that Arabs are hated by so many people around the world?
So you're trying to say that what's popular is usually what's right?

What examples can be shown that would cause people to like Israel, to want to see it prosper, to admire the way it does things, to show it as an exemplary model. I can't think of any, can you ?

Well, you're ignorant, I would expect you to know anything about the country your protesting against anyway..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Israeli aid to Haiti, field hospital set up
(28 Jan 2010)
A rescue team was sent to the Haiti UN headquarters to assist in rescuing survivors. Patient are being treated at the field hospital.

Israeli aid team in Philippines
(27 Oct 2009)
Israeli medical team provides relief to the storm-battered Philippines.

Israel extends humanitarian and medical aid to the Democratic Republic of the Congo
(30 Nov 2008)
MFA has sent four tons of emergency humanitarian aid to the beleaguered African nation.

2000 children from 33 countries helped by Israeli SACH
(30 Jul 2008)
A 3-year old Angolan boy is the 2000th child to treated by Save a Child's Heart (SACH), the Israeli-based international humanitarian project providing life-saving heart surgeries and follow-up care for children from developing countries.

(12 May 2008)
As the death toll in Myanmar (formerly Burma) rises to more than 23,335, according to official reports, and the risk of disease mounts, Israeli relief workers have flown out to the disaster torn region.

(11 Oct 2007)
At a screening clinic held by Israeli doctors earlier this month in Jordan, two Iraqi children aged 5 months and 11 years were referred for emergency medical treatment in Israel due to the severity of their heart conditions.

(14 Aug 2007)
Five Rwandan children, all suffering from serious heart disease, will undergo surgery at Wolfson Medical Center, as part of the humanitarian project "Save a Child's Heart".

(5 Sep 2005)
The Israel Foreign Ministry calls on Israeli companies and organizations to donate vital goods and equipment for the hurricane victims in the southern US.

(12 Jan 2005)
An El Al plane flew to Sri Lanka and Indonesia, carrying 85 tons of emergency aid materials donated by Israeli organizations and companies.

Tsunami Crisis Relief: Israeli relief team of 14 arrives in Sri Lanka

Israeli Aid to Earthquake Victims in El Salvador - January-February 2001
(1 Mar 2001)

Israeli Aid to Earthquake Victims in India - January 2001
(13 Feb 2001)

Israeli Aid for Turkish Earthquake Victims
(18 Aug 1999)

Aid to Kosovo Refugees
(3 Apr 1999)

Israeli Medical Aid to Flood Victims in Central America
(10 Nov 1998)

And that's just the first page

Also there's the 100 Darfurian refugees a day that Israel takes in because they're running away from a genocide back home..

But since you don't like reading, you should just watch this..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

That obviously is not going to happen, doesn't happen, and never happened before, so what's your point? That your view of Israel is completely skewed and false?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

No, I can't.. Clearly there has been some planning involved in this

Yea, they obviously used their dasterdley superArab power to predict when and where a group of students would get lost on the way to the pub.
Strange really, as I used to get lost on my way back from the pub when I was a student. Kids today, huh.

No, they just took advantage of an existing situation, they didn't create the situation.. Even if those people were out in the street, the Safed thugs would have made sure they're trapped, but they didn't create a situation in order to be violent towards a group they don't like..

Erm, in Safed they did create a situation in order to be violent towards a group they didnt like. They could have just stayed in the park and impressed the girlies. But they didnt.

You really can't see the difference between hurting a bunch of people because you're trying to scare them away, and luring people into your town so you can hurt them?

Interesting ethical/ moral question. Is it ok for a majority to run law abiding people (unless you know different) out of town for just being there? Remember your thread on I'billin?

You're assuming that the whole barricade was this one roll of fence, and you're not considering the possibility that the taxis were placed in a way that prevents passage..

But the taxis obviously wearnt placed to prevent passage as the students managed to drive a family car between them.

Besides, it doesn't really matter, it's the intention that matters- They intended to trap them in..

..So my facts are assumptions but your assumptions are fact, ay.

Never said they were bad people.. Their culture is primitive in western standards, is all.
You think you know better? Come visit, check it out for yourself. This isn't about Islam, this isn't about Arabs in America, this isn't about their character or anything like that, this is just how it is- Arab culture tends to be more conservative, and in many parts of the world is down right primitive...

Lol, yea cos no one in the West has ever: Beaten up/ killed other people beacause of their religion/ gender/ sexuality/ race; Beaten up, killed, abused, oppressed women/ children. And dont forget, modern terrorism against a ruling power was started in Palestine by a group of European settlers. Who invented the letter bomb again?

Or they're not primitive, and we're all sluts and infidels..

Only after a couple of beers

Isn't Israel providing the West Bank with lots and lots of money?

Dunno, is that in payment for the land the Israeli state is nicking for the new superdooper really fast train line to the coast?
Meanwhile, back in East Jerusalem, who is paying for the schools to be up dated?

edit on 9-11-2010 by joewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Such lengthy replies today. Are you on piecework or something ?

Could you stop mixing up countries with religion please. Nobody falls for it anymore. I don't know of any country/regime that is as hated globally as Israel. America maybe but then it is massive in comparison to tiddly Israel.

Anyway take it as a compliment that you have achieved something.

So you gave some dollers to some other people. Big deal, it pales into insigificance compared to the dollars given to Israel by others.

I am intrigued by your use of the typically arrogant video at the end. The theft of so many ideas from others and claiming them as your own. It just the same as the lands you stole. It's sympotmatic of the delusion Israel suffers from.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yea, they obviously used their dasterdley superArab power to predict when and where a group of students would get lost on the way to the pub. Strange really, as I used to get lost on my way back from the pub when I was a student. Kids today, huh.

Not saying they were all laying in wait in their ninja suits.. But one phone call can easily gather the required amount of people in a very short amount of time.
This barricade could have been made for other purposes like blocking the entry of IDF vehicles, or interrupting their work, but it was used to block these people in, and whether or not it was hastily made, or was prepared in advance- Bringing those cars to block the road kind of seals the deal..
There's also enough photos to show that this is not entirely made up..
I don't know, neither do you, we're both just assuming.. What ever the case is something did happen.. It does seem like they were led to a place they could get hurt, rather then go there voluntarily.. And it just makes people think the worse things about Arabs as a whole..

Erm, in Safed they did create a situation in order to be violent towards a group they didnt like. They could have just stayed in the park and impressed the girlies. But they didnt.

That's different- What you're saying is they chose to be violent in the situation they were in, but they didn't create the situation.

Interesting ethical/ moral question. Is it ok for a majority to run law abiding people (unless you know different) out of town for just being there? Remember your thread on I'billin?

Should I have noted that it's wrong either way? What makes you think I condone any of this?
I'm merely showing the difference.. Can you not see it? The difference between hurting a bunch of people because you're trying to scare them away, and luring people into your town so you can hurt them?

But the taxis obviously wearnt placed to prevent passage as the students managed to drive a family car between them.

It says they managed to find a narrow way out between the wall and a car, and that another taxi was approaching to close the gap.. The question of course is whether or not you believe them..

..So my facts are assumptions but your assumptions are fact, ay.

lol
Can you explain it in any other way? Maybe they ran over someone's back yard and got the fence caught up in under their wheels, and then backed up and hit a tree branch and got their rear wind shield all smashed up

Lol, yea cos no one in the West has ever: Beaten up/ killed other people beacause of their religion/ gender/ sexuality/ race; Beaten up, killed, abused, oppressed women/ children

Right, and that is what we, in the west, modern, moderate world call "Being primitive".

And dont forget, modern terrorism against a ruling power was started in Palestine by a group of European settlers.

lol do you really believe that? You should know better than to accept easily disproved propaganda..

Only after a couple of beers

lol
Oh no no, way before we even touch any beer..

Dunno, is that in payment for the land the Israeli state is nicking for the new superdooper really fast train line to the coast? Meanwhile, back in East Jerusalem, who is paying for the schools to be up dated?

Dunno.. The same people who pay for the rest of the schools in Israel, who aren't in the best of shape either..

edit on 9-11-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

There's also enough photos to show that this is not entirely made up..
I don't know, neither do you, we're both just assuming.. What ever the case is something did happen..

Oh yea, their car was most definately attacked.

That's different- What you're saying is they chose to be violent in the situation they were in, but they didn't create the situation.

Of course they did. Or are you blaming the students for being: A, Arab and B, in Safed.

Should I have noted that it's wrong either way? What makes you think I condone any of this?
I'm merely showing the difference.. Can you not see it? The difference between hurting a bunch of people because you're trying to scare them away, and luring people into your town so you can hurt them?

I am not suggesting you condone these actions, and sorry, but I still cant see the difference. People were attacked by others simply because they were there.
Its wrong full stop.

It says they managed to find a narrow way out between the wall and a car, and that another taxi was approaching to close the gap.. The question of course is whether or not you believe them..

I believe their car was attacked and that the front and rear windows were smashed. Anything else is, as you say, assumption.
I am suprised by the dogs that havent barked tho..Surely this is prime Lieberman and INF territory? Have I missed a press release, or were they all at the new theatre for settlers?

Right, and that is what we, in the west, modern, moderate world call "Being primitive".

Cool, I assumed by your words that only 'arabs' were capable of that sort of behaviour.

lol do you really believe that? You should know better than to accept easily disproved propaganda..

Just making sure you were awake. While Jewish terrorists did send a bomb to the home of a British officer(they managed to kill his brother), they certainly wearnt the first to do so in the modern era.

Oh no no, way before we even touch any beer..

The same people who pay for the rest of the schools in Israel, who aren't in the best of shape either..

The PA have just completed refurbishments, keep it quiet tho, as Im not sure if your Government gave them permission or not.
The issue of (non) provision of schools for 'Arab' inhabitants of Israeli controlled East Jerusalem is quite well known and detailled elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Could you stop mixing up countries with religion please.

Why? Because it's more convenient for you? The fact that people hate Islam for the actions of a few radicals is abhorring, disgusting, and primitive, the same can be said about anyone *hating* Israel..
I mean, hating? How childish must you be to hate an entire country that you know next to nothing about..
Especially when there are other, far worse, countries and events that get no attention, like the genocide in Darfur, like China and its cruel child birth policies, like North Korea, like how Egypt drives toxic gas into the tunnels to Gaza to stop them, for example..
But no, the whole world is focused on Israel.. Could it be that it's because those same countries are the same that are heading the UNHRC? Nah! Impossible, right?

Nobody falls for it anymore.

Oh, don't be twelve years old..

I don't know of any country/regime that is as hated globally as Israel.

So you're telling me Israel is the most hated country world wide.. And that's according to what? Your gut feeling? According to your friends? What? Was there a survey I didn't hear about?

America maybe but then it is massive in comparison to tiddly Israel.

What is this, some kind of popularity contest? Is this your argument against Israel? Are we in high school again? Seriously, how weak must your arguments be that you can't even stay on topic, and the only thing you can tell me is that "everyone hates Israel" like some kind of third grader..

So you gave some dollers to some other people. Big deal, it pales into insigificance compared to the dollars given to Israel by others.

Yes, and that is again based on facts right?
Do you think Israel has money to spare? That it's so rich that it can just throw money around?
It's amazing how you can so easily dismiss the aid Israel sends world wide by making up facts..

I am intrigued by your use of the typically arrogant video at the end. The theft of so many ideas from others and claiming them as your own. It just the same as the lands you stole. It's sympotmatic of the delusion Israel suffers from.

How intriguing it is indeed that you would rather see these concepts as theft, rather than checking and realizing that they aren't. Well, you know, typical..

So bigyin, have you turned to the dark side?
I remember a time (a few weeks ago) where you clearly stated that you're not in favor of any side..
What could possibly have happened during that time?

Grow up.. Your arguments are thin, immature, and are not even close to the topic at hand..
Again.. Very typical.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Another day at the office eh ... don't they give you any time off ?

Anyway I think you miss the point, as usual.

The point is it doesn't matter what the facts are, the only fact that matters is that Israel is hated by a lot of people who will strike at it at every opportunity.

Israel can continue to do what it does to invoke this hatred or it can change. It's up to them.

Personally I wish they would change before somebody changes it for them.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Of course they did. Or are you blaming the students for being: A, Arab and B, in Safed.

Not blaming anyone, but they did not rent that house to those students for the sole purpose of beating them up later on.. They came into town on their own, they weren't lured in. At any rate, we both agree that non of this is right..

but I still cant see the difference

*shrug* Then I guess we just see it differently..

People were attacked by others simply because they were there.

Yeah, but the group of Israelis wasn't there.. They were directed there, and trapped there.
It's as if the Arab students would have agreed to leave in order to avoid conflict only to be trapped in by the people of Safed...
Meh, it's not worth debating over.. Both are wrong anyway..

I am suprised by the dogs that havent barked tho..Surely this is prime Lieberman and INF territory? Have I missed a press release, or were they all at the new theatre for settlers?

I don't know.. This hasn't even been on the news..
There's probably some kind of political reason...
lol settler theater..

Cool, I assumed by your words that only 'arabs' were capable of that sort of behaviour.

Nah.. It's just more common.

The issue of (non) provision of schools for 'Arab' inhabitants of Israeli controlled East Jerusalem is quite well known and detailled elsewhere.

Well, Israeli education isn't doing that great either..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join