It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are YOU Real?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

What is your definition of real?
If reality is things you can hear, see, feel, smell and taste. Then everything around me is real. I must be real.
The atoms we are made up of are 99% empty, the 99% of empty space in atom are full of a lot of energy at work.
We are mostly made up of energy. We are real, but we exist as more energy than matter.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
are atoms really that empty? yikes. and we are energy? its all too strange isnt it?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I get the sense from your threads over the past couple of days that your very confused and searching for answers to some pretty big questions Ewock. Maybe you should take a break from all the contemplation and do something thats more relaxing. Everything in moderation and all that.

Most of the questions you ask, cant be answered honestly, because no one has the answers. I fear the further you get down this path of philosophical/theoretical proposition. The more confused you'll get and the further away from any piece of mind.

Take it easy.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Just to give you all a fat smile: When I saw the Thread Title it was a "must post"

Are YOU Real?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What is seen and heard in this moment is our experience. Yet our experience of this moment would be different from another persons perception of the same moment. This is how we all have different views on the same subject, like this post.
This is the way it is. There is not supposed to be anything the same here, ever. No snowflake, fingerprint etc ever the same. Amazing stuff.
It is just the one being, experiencing itself.
One ocean waving at itself.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Scientists are presently looking for this thing called matter. They find some small particle, that they think is matter and look inside and it is 99.9999% empty space. The 0.0001% is smashed together in those particle accelerators and inside is 99.9999% empty space. And repeat.
I think it was Aristotle, not sure, that pointed us to think matter is important. This has in turn led to materialism.
The empty space, which is over looked, is where the magic lies.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Descartes said " i think, therefore I am " is weird because when i am asleep and before i was taught to think; " i am ". Or when i meditate and there is no thinking, does it mean i am not?
edit on 6-11-2010 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I think I exist. Maybe. But can I prove it to you beyond a shadow of a doubt? Sadly, no. You have the ultimate say in whether or not you believe I am real or a figment of your imagination. Which is true of anything really.

So, you tell me, am I real?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I call that evolution of the mind. Question everything, accept nothing as a given. Even widely accepted societal level beliefs on the nature of reality. Yes it's a course in chaos and often a unpleasant experience but it's far better than the stagnation and entrenchment common to, well, practically everyone.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Which post are you replying too here? My point of view on the OP or the advice i offered after?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What gets me is the theory presented by Leonard Susskind & Michael Talbot about how we are holographic 3D images of our 2D selves which reside on the skin of the outer planes of the universe. Originally presented to question Hawkin's theory on black holes lacking preservation of information, which he later conceded to Susskind, this has been in the mainstream for some time now.

It bends my brain thinking my 2D self is somehow projected into the 3D world and here I am.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yeah, and neither is your rent which is due at the beginning of the month real, so don't bother paying it. I can understand a certain amount of spirituality, but there is a point where you have to "get real".

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I hope I'm real...As far as I know I'm real...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The world is real, but it changes, it's true nature is change. Do you know that you are a mortal, and can you tell me what a mortal is? The only thing that is unchanging is the divine plan of providence.

-Consolation of Philosophy

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I`m looking at it this way. See/look where you are looking from, we are receivers, we receive information. Be the flat screen on which all experience/sensation appears. Information is formed in, only receive true info that is actual. That is seen, heard, felt, smelt, etc. Do not imagine the past or future, only what is here. Be the living presence.
So the way i see it is, the world really is 2d. Flat receiving screen, all here and now. But it appears to be 3d when we throw in the concept of space and time.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
hmm i AM real. YOU are real. real enough...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This one sir.
Particularly the underlined.

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

I get the sense from your threads over the past couple of days that your very confused and searching for answers to some pretty big questions Ewock. Maybe you should take a break from all the contemplation and do something thats more relaxing. Everything in moderation and all that.

Most of the questions you ask, cant be answered honestly, because no one has the answers. I fear the further you get down this path of philosophical/theoretical proposition. The more confused you'll get and the further away from any piece of mind.

Take it easy.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
This one sir.
Particularly the underlined.

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Take it easy.

Peace.

Yeah im not saying you should'nt do it, im saying you need to take a break once and a while to take it all in. No one can continue to question everything all the time without stopping to take note of what you've learned so far. You'll drive yourself crazy at worst. Get nowhere at best.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Well, from a certain point of view you are correct. Please don't take this in anyway a condemnation of your statement. But, I think it's also true that objects at rest tend to stay at rest. As society shows. In physics and the mind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join