It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos got a REX?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I recently got a new car, and it changed my life! Previously, I just drove anything I could get my hands on for under a few grand, but I always wanted a Subie.

I finally decided to get one earlier this year, and since then, my attitude has been different. I've been a lot happier. I feel like I take care of myself a little better, and I get to where I'm going a whole lot faster.

As much as my Rex is great as is, I'd love to do more to it, and juice it up a bit. I've never tinkered with engines much, but have dabbled on my old junkers, but am slightly reluctant to tamper with my baby, but she needs more. Any ATSers have one that they've suped up? Any suggestions? Or anyone have any good stories while driving one?

It didn't take me long to get a ticket, but I fought it. Even though the officer said he gave me a break by trying to give me 3 points, I went in front of the judge, and did nothing but agree with the officer, and had the ticket, fine and points dropped. It was blissful.

I've gotten it up to 320 whp, but would love, say.. 100 more.. So far my top speed was 138mph.

I look forward to hearing from anyone.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The Subaru WRX-STI trim is an excellent little car. Basically a street version of a rally car. Now I do not know your specific displacement and trim I can tell you there basically all the same I have driven my fair share and they all left me grinning from ear to ear. Personally its not my style tho, your basically looking at new tires every year because the AWD eats them up which leads to constant alignments and rotations. The small fuel tank means frequent stops at the pump and by the way for a 4 cylinder they are by no means fuel efficient. Its a Subaru, which means on any given day you can turn off that highway onto a back county road and rip up some dirt roads. Thats what a WRX excels at. You will have a great time with your Subie but treat her well the turbo slowly destroys the engines power.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DieSektor

ah.. This I'm starting to learn.. It appears you cannot drive it like a race car all the time... rough

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Great car mate, I have had mine for 9 months now from new. It was my mid life crisis lol. A word of warning tho', if yours is still under warranty, DO NOT make any mods to it as you will loose the warranty. I am in Australia and that is what the salesman told me. However, he also told me that Subaru MAY be introducing their own performance parts in the USA. Makes alot of sense really, they are missing out on a huge revenue, Any way, enjoy the car, I have a big cheesy grin on my face whenever I get in it lol

Scooby doo

new topics

top topics

join