It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Voters' Support For Republicans Doubled From 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Republicans made significant inroads among gay and lesbian voters in the midterm elections, with national exit polls for the House races showing that the GOP captured 31 percent of the vote of this group this year, compared to 19 percent in 2008.

Democrats' share of the gay vote rose from 75 percent in 2006 to 80 percent in 2008 and then dropped to 68 percent in 2010.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I think this is very interesting news considering that liberals are always at gay rights rallies.

My interpretation of this is that the Democrat's strategy this middterm election was not being liberal but just anti-conservative, it wasn't being progressive but just being anti-republican, it wasn't about issues it was all soap operas. If you look at all the slanderous, character assassinations and gossip infested campaign ads from the Democratic Party it was easy to see that they had no intention of speaking about issues.
The question is of course, why did they try to avoid such issues like the plague?

But despite liberals being pro-gay, gays didn't care about social issues as much as the liberals did.
It's almost like liberals were trying to hop on a pro-gay train when gays were like "Don't you have anything better to do.... like worry about the economy? There are gays in the economy too you know? Why don't you go hop on that train you idiot"

Personally I am a conservative person but as far as parties are concerned i'm more of an indepandant.
With that said, I think that the right does sometimes pander to it's supporters with talks of religion, but the left and their talks of social issues, well that's another ballgame because the lefties are way bigger suckers for this type of pandering.

The economy is falling, mobsters have taken over washington, bankers sucking us dry.... but let's go join that pro-gay rights rally accross the street?
This is what caused the demise of the Dems this middterm election, they did not focus on the issues whatsoever.

The left-wing media.. oufffff, that was just partisan bickering left and right, top to down.. take no prisoners.
No focusing on the issues whatsoever.

It's quite a phenomena to see that gays aren't falling for it when liberals worship the ground they walk on almost.

WOW!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
People assume because some homophobics, who are loud but are the minority, in the GOP that the entire party is like that. Most republicans I know aren't homophobic and support gay marriage and gay rights (adoption, partner health care, etc)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Still a very interesting story!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
1 x 2 is still only 2........

I joke.

As a gay man, I've always been more conservative than liberal. But, the GOP has some whoppers in the party. I tend to go more libertarian.

edit on 4-4-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Gay people need jobs also you know.

Its obvious that the left isn't giving them or anyone for that matter the things we need to decently run a family.

Gay or straight, we all need our basic priorities met first.

new topics

top topics

join