It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember remember...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So we are supposedly celebrating the victory of the Crown over a treasonous conspiracy? Or do we celebrate the figure of a man who audaciously attempted to take down all of government? I think the message which pleases or subconscious is that we the people, are really in charge. It is that primeaval anarchism present in us all (the working class) that will forever burn as a flame in our hearts. Cheers.reply to post by Silver Star

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'll be watching it tonight, as long as there is no EMP strike and we all lose power and I have to start eating the neighbors.

Great movie!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
While the movie draws parallels to current events, lets remember that the real Guy Fawkes was just another over zealous jesus freak.

While people should be applauded for trying to bring down oppressive governments, what he wanted could have been even worse.

Jesus Freaks and explosives do not mix, unless they blow themselves up. Then they mix very well.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
V for Vendetta is the closest thing I can get to a Guy Fawkes night over in the US, I will be making gunpowder plot toffee though!!

When I try to explainthe holiday to my colleagues, I am met with blank stares all around lol

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by quantumgirl11

A vid about Lewes bonfire from an American perspective.

and some insight into the depths of the bonfire in Sussex where it is still highly guarded.

Indepth Info about the Sussex Bonfire

Perhaps the title of a hymn from the time might help give a view to the overal complexity of Bonfire night.

An Hymn of Praise to The God of England, For Three Great Salvations.
Composed Nov. 5. 1695.

I. From the Spanish Invasion, 1588.
II. From the Gunpowder Plot, Nov. 5.
III. From Popery and Slavery by King William of Glorious Memory, who landed Nov. 5, 1688.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
daniels timeline - nov 8 begins trib

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Froze my nuts off at the local junior schools display - dead good! Explained to my six year old what it was all about...didnt go into detail about what being hung drawn and quartered meant though

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join