It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you flee from the U.S, instead of trying to help..you're a cake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Who was this directed at?

Second line.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by 0zzymand0s

That was directed at the OP and whomever agrees with him.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thank you for the clarification, sir.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Really? Why are you a coward to want to leave a country that has absolutely no desire to support anyone but the pressure groups? Why would you not want to leave a country where 50% of the people pay no tax yet those who do are continually demonized? Why are you a coward if you leave because you don't like the crime, welfare state, military industrial complex.

The fact is that the more responsible you are in this country the less support you get from the political elites. You can rail all you want about the rich getting richer and all of that class war fare garbage, but the fact of the matter is that most folks who have a reasonable amount of money got it the old fashion way, they earned it.

If you are a small business owner and have earned and saved a few $million and you take a look at increasingly conficatory tax policy, eroded public infrastructure and a growing welfare/dependant class, why are you a coward to not sell your busines and move to a country where they actually respect you? Ask a small business owner to take a hard look at the amount of money they have sent into the government and see if they think they got good value. As a person who started as an entry level employee in a corporation and worked up the ladder and made money to take a look at the amount of taxes they have sent to the feds and see if they feel they got value. Listen to the government. Obama said only a few weeks ago that there was no reason to give the wealthest Americans money. Give them money? It is their money. With that ideology is it any wonder folks don't want to leave.

You can toss out all of that Mr. Smith goes to Washington rubbish as well as the nonsense about "getting involved and making a difference". If you are able to leave, especially if you are older with no dependant kids, you are somewhat of a fool not to. There are plenty of places in the world where you can live like a king on what in this country amounts to very little money.

More people are leaving this country than at any point in history. More people are renouncing their citizenship than at any point in history. More companies are choosing to list their firms on non-US exchanges. Why is this happening? Its happening because over the past 40 years the US government has been at war with the upper middle and lower upper classes of this country and they're sick of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Seriously.

I read a thread where some coward ass guy said he's going to flee because of how America has become or whatever.
Did any of you guys have any positive male figures in your life?
If you want something to change, you stay firm...stand strong..and resist.
My family is native to California, and back in the day....would march with Black Panthers for equal rights.

So I don't know about you, but standing up for what I believe in..is quite natural to me.. I don't know about you cowards but umm...

Stop saying you're going to do anything if all you do is sit on your ass and complain....March to the capital right now or shut the hell up man.

If you're not going to do anything about it, then shut up and take it like the little girls you are.
Friggin' Cowards!

I see you're in keyboard ninja mode. While I have no intentions of leaving the states, a thread such as this really doesn't serve any purpose other than to incite discord.

I am heavily armed and have better body armor than most in the military or my local police forces. So what?

Rather than continuing on what would probably be a futile effort, please read Sun Tzu's The Art of War and come back to respond after doing so.

edit on 5-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

i like the term "cake" thanks for making me aware of it. star.
second.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

a coward dies a thousand deaths

I believe the full, though not original, quote is:

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero only one. But either way, you lose"
-- Minax

edit on 5-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You are a cake...and the cake is a lie.

I think, in a hyperbolic sort of way, it's like asking the Jews to stay in NAZI Germany instead of fleeing the country.

Like I said, hyperbolic.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I had problems while growing-up. I ran away alot.

You know what the hardest lesson I had to learn was?

Wherever you run to, it isn't going to be any better than what you ran away from.

edit on (11/5/1010 by loveguy because: edited-out the mean

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with leaving if there are better opportunities elsewhere.

People leaving is what causes governments to finally collapse.

This government needs to collapse.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

There's nothing wrong with leaving if there are better opportunities elsewhere.

People leaving is what causes governments to finally collapse.

This government needs to collapse.

Yes, this Corporation needs to collapse, and become a nation again. I would prefer all monetary systems to be prohibited. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Stay and do exactly what? What is anyone doing to change things? Most are pretty ignorant of whats fully going on. The rest complain but do nothiing everyone is afraid to risk thier lifestyle for real change. Half think it is ok to steal from the other half in the name of government. All I ever hear is vote to change things. Really so hows that worked out in the last 30 years? No matter who is voted in it continues to degrade.

I am not one for leaving however why call those who would leave cowards? Who can blame them no one is doing anything! What exactly have you done that makes you a brave man over anyone else? You say you stand up for your beliefs; doing what waving a sign on the weekend or after work? I have spent over 25 years voting, protesting, marching, campaigning, challenging corporate rogue government in the courts and with the law and none of it has done a damn bit of good. I have organized groups to go and live our own lives free of corporate government using the law and many talk but few will act.

I suggest you clean your own porch before you start calling others cowards. And if you think it is all romantic to stand up to the government using force you need to sit down with a combat vet who has seen a war torn country and get a dose of reality as to what that is like. Besides there will be no organized resistance, if it turns to violence there will just be chaos cause even the militias have done nothing when they should have stood up. That will create a power vacuum and things will likely be worse

edit on 6-11-2010 by hawkiye because: corrections

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Does anyone find this thread ironic on account of the fact that both the original european settlers/founders and subsequent immigrants to America came here as a way of fleeing the way things had become in their country? is there anything MORE american then leaving when sh$$ gets rough? haha.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Get a grip, people have family to think of. It is cowardly to put your own views before their safety.
You are brainwashed in to thinking staying can help, the country is so corrupt and in so deep it is just a matter of how and when it goes down. It was the people that made the country what it was and it is the people who can leave to a country that can deliver when they say they are better than the rest. Survival of the fittest will prevail in the end but to call those leaving cowards is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I like it. You have spunk.
I still plan on moving to Costa Rica.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
most americans dont know what it is to be american anymore

just hoping for the president to feed them with a gold spoon.

remember

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I like it. You have spunk.
I still plan on moving to Costa Rica.

Call me cake too.. I'll be sipping cold beers & eating cake on a tropical beach watching the revolutionaries on TV, who will be called "domestic terrorists" & treated like Iraqis ... I pledge allegiance to myself.

Besides, no eff'n way I'd pick up a gun and risk my life to preserve the GOP / DNC party leaders grip on power and/or the Federal Reserve lifestyle.. lol.. # that with a wiffle ball bat... those groups are not worth saving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join