It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Book Dictated By a Demon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There are going to be those of you, perhaps the majority who will scoff at such a notion, which is to be suspected. This post really isn't directed at you. And perhaps I've chosen the wrong area for this post.

Your servant has come across what he considers to be a most amazing find. True, demons have most likely dicated other works. But this one is most curious. It was dictated at the end of the 19th century. The work is no longer under copyright and there is a free download of it in PDF format I stumbled across in my search for more information on a certain subject.

There will be those of you that would be interested and would read the work named: "Angels and Women" oringally tittled: "Seola."

Here is the link to the pdf:

Angels and Women

If anyone actually does download it and reads it feel free to give me your thoughts. I'd be more than happy to share mine on the subject.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

What is the book about?
I'm curious before I download the book.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Looks like the book could be copyrighted though, fyi..
Background on it

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I downloaded the book, skimmed through the first 40 pages. Not getting why people think this was dictated by a demon. I found a reference to automatic writing in the post that supplies a link to the background of the book, but I'm not understanding why that would be demonic either.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Very interesting read so far. The background is fascinating as well. Can't finish it right now, but I'll be back after I do. S&F.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's simply channeled material that is quasi-Christian. Calling it "written by a demon" is simply a religious interpretation of the issue. The download site provided is by the Jehova's Witnesses.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Book of the Law, by Aleister Crowley was purported to have been dictated by a demon as well.

Crowley described the encounter in detail in The Equinox of the Gods, saying that as he sat at his desk in Cairo, the voice of Aiwass came from over his left shoulder in the furthest corner of the room. This voice is described as passionate and hurried, and was "of deep timbre, musical and expressive, its tones solemn, voluptuous, tender, fierce or aught else as suited the moods of the message. Not bass—perhaps a rich tenor or baritone."[8] Further, the voice was devoid of "native or foreign accent".

It really makes little difference in the long run whether The Book of the Law was dictated to [Crowley] by a preterhuman intelligence named Aiwass or whether it stemmed from the creative deeps of Aleister Crowley. The book was written. And he became the mouthpiece for the Zeitgeist, accurately expressing the intrinsic nature of our time as no one else has done to date.

from the above source

~Heff

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Have you read the book in it's entirety? The book is sourced on Jehovah's Witness News. Is this book legit, or Jehovah Witness propaganda? Just wondering before I invest time and energy into reading it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

From the writer's background as presented in the links others posted, it doesn't seem to have been written as Jehovah's Witness literature, but if so I wanna know too. I'm about 25 pages in and, so far, it's been a great read.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Have you read the book in it's entirety? The book is sourced on Jehovah's Witness News. Is this book legit, or Jehovah Witness propaganda? Just wondering before I invest time and energy into reading it.

Sahabi,

This is a work of fiction by a woman named J. G. Smith who claims that the story came to her as in a vision while listening to music . JWs do have many works that are available for free for download but these are at jw.org.

I am unfamiliar with jehovah'switnessnews website, and am sure it is not supported by Jehovah's Witnesses.

I have finished reading the book in its entirety.

The writing is from the "diary" of Aloma, the wife of Japheth. It centers on her upbrining in a secluded forest by her father because of his fear of the fallen-angels of heaven who had taken up human form and took any women that they wanted as their wives. It tells of howt Aloma, the daughter of Allimades (the brother of Noah) was rudely awakened to the real world in which she lived when two fallen-stars "star-spirits" appeared one day in their forest and found the wife of Allimades who was the most fairest of all woman-kind. Satanas wanted her for himself and kills him, and of how Hesperus, stays Satanas hand from slaying the woman, asking to take her as his wife.

It then relates all of the glories of the ancient world that the fallen angels ruled over, and how they governed mankind, and their hybrid children offspring, the giants of old filled the earth with violence.

It is an amazing story, though not to be taken on par with the Bible, as it is a work of fiction, which some have claimed came at the inspiration of a demon who dictated it by means of revelation to the woman who wrote it. Whether that be true or not, many truths can no doubt be attained from the story and never have I come close to reading that so sublimely details what life must have been like in the old world when demons were still able to take on human form and ruled among mankind as incarnate humans.

The book in pdf here linked was copyrighted in 1924 and thus no longer is under copyright protection, and no copyright laws are broken by distributing it freely. While someone it appears from a link above did revise it in modern form and has republished the work, self-published, he has no claim to copyright over the original work, which is free for distribution.

Whether or not you choose to believe the Bible or the story of the deluge, or of the life that happened before, and pass it all of as mere fable and myth, the read is a fascinating read. Here is a brief excerpt:

He calls upon Agnaris, the god of Fire. Swift, subtle, uncertain, he moves forward, his step marked by a scorched footprint. On his head gleams no star, but in place thereof a crown of thin flames. His eyeballs glow
like living coals, his voice is hollow and gusty. The Devas [demons] shrink from his hot breath, all save the lord Satanas, before whose piercing glance Agnaris grows pale and almost disappears. He bids the great Master look to the stars that draw upon their central fires, which struggle to be free. They heave the bed of ocean; they strive to
burst the ribs of earth; the demons cannot restrain their fury.

Agnaris disappears, vanishes in space, and the aerial voice of Prince Owadu is heard. In his realm is a great planet uninhabited, cracked and fissured, deep-seamed and rent by volcanic fire. Deep, jarring, splitting sounds now issue from the center of this desolate orb; it is about to fall to pieces. Its disruption will endanger the earth.

Hesperus is called. He, ranging in the twilight hour along the bounds of day and darkness, beholds with alarm a strange mustering of the Heavenly host. The balance of the worlds is unsettled, the Earth is
threatened with dire catastrophe. Tempests will prevail; a great deluge will come, by the breaking of the last great watery canopy which envelops the Earth, letting in a mighty flood of waters?

A cry of horror burst from all the band, succeeded by a hush of fear. Then like waves that growl above the wreck, outspake Zorabah, darkest and most fierce. He would abandon this troublesome world, leave it to
the wrath of Jehovah; he scorned men, and detested women and children. In his realm, he said, is an untenanted world of exceeding beauty. There, free from the offense odious to himself as to the Lord of Heaven, he would
establish a kingdom greater and more glorious.

But Satanas in wrath rebuked the other. He will yield nothing to the Lord of Heaven; not even shall the approaching marriage be deferred. Naught but utter ruin can change his purpose. He owns the Earth; he holds it by might. If it be destroyed in the fury of the elements, then and not till then, shall it be abandoned. Themselves he defies the
Eternal to destroy! He cannot quench the spark which He Himself has furnished and which surely could not but be immortal like Himself.
pp 149-151.

Again as I noted this post will probably not be to the taste of many. However, there are no doubt some lurkers out there that will glean much from it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
For a comparison, here is the original text from the novel Seola of the passage quoted above. Notice the planet named Wan is not mentioned in the revised edition.

He calls upon Agni, and the God of Fire, swift, subtle, uncertain, moves forward, his step marked by a scorched footprint. On his head gleams no star, but in place thereof a crown of thin flames. His eyeballs glow like living coals, his voice is hollow and gusty ; the Devas shrink from his hot breath, all save the Lord Lucifer, before whose piercing glance Agni grows pale and almost disappears. He bids the Great Master look to the stars that draw upon the central fires ; they struggle to be free ; they heave the bed of ocean ; they strive to burst the ribs of earth ; the demons cannot restrain their fury. Agni vanishes, and the aerial voice is heard of Obora, Prince of the Upper Sphere. In his circle is a great planet between the Red World and the Green ; uninhabited, cracked, and fissured, deep- seamed and rent by volcanic fire. Deep, jarring, splitting sounds now issue from the centre of this desolate orb: it is about to fall in pieces. Its disruption will endanger the Earth. And Hesperus is called. He, ranging in the twilight hour along the bounds of day and darkness, beholds with alarm strange mustering of the heavenly host. The balance of the worlds is unsettled, the Wan Planet is threatened with disruption, the Earth with dire convulsion ; fire and tempest will prevail, and a great deluge come by breaking in of water from the sea. A cry of horror burst from all the band, succeeded by the hush of fear. Then like waves that growl above the wreck, out spake Satan, darkest and most fierce. He would abandon this troublesome world, leave it to the wrath of the foe ; he scorned the men, and did detest the women and the children. In the fifth circle is an untenanted world of exceeding beauty : there, free from the offence odious to himself as to the Lord of Heaven, he would establish a kingdom greater and more glorious. But Lucifer in wrath rebuked the other. He will yield nothing to the Lord of Heaven ; not even shall the approaching marriage be deferred; naught but utter ruin can change his purpose. He owns the Earth by conquest, he holds it by might ; if it be destroyed in the fury of the elements, then and not till then shall it be abandoned ; themselves he defies the Eternal to destroy ! He cannot quench the spark that emanates from his own immortal nature.

www.archive.org...

Besotted fools, he cried, forgetful of our tremendous emprise, wantoning away moments upon which hangs the fate of Eternity, I could hate you as I hate the weak race to which your sensual bodies are enslaved ! Drivelling idiots, leave your women and banqueting. Zamiel and his force have been driven from the Wan Planet, and a strong guard of the enemy, who but this evening left the earth, have taken possession.

Pg 157 - Seola

The loyal angels had driven the Evil Workers from* the volcanoes of the Wan Planet, and strove to repel Zamiel, now reinforced by the demon host. In the thickest of the fight the towering form of the Light-Bearer flashed forth a blaze that dazzled and scorched all who opposed him.

Pg 165 - Seola

As I look forth into the night, the answer is given. The storm is over ; the stars are silently climbing the eastern heavens, but as my eyes sweep inquiringly across the serene vault, many familiar objects are wanting. Quenched is one lamp of the Burning Seven, vacant the place of the Wan Planet, and lost forever the bright constellation that madly plunged to outer darkness, sharing the doom of the fallen Star Spirits.

Pg 173 - Seola

The original author felt the solar system was made up of Seven primary planets. The destruction of Wan caused the planets and moons to shift orbit to correct the imbalance. The original solar system was an image of the Lampstand in the Holy chamber.
The second edition novel left this important detail out.

Did the demon inspire the second edition or the first edition?

Here is a link to show the novel Seola is in fact a real book.
www.archive.org.../n5/mode/2up

edit on 7-11-2010 by lostinspace because: Added link to original scans of Seola novel.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Evidently it's propaganda just read the forward, it's all about how women are evil, and weak, and proposed to easily being seduced (cough cough) AS IF men aren't...in short crippity crap crap!!!!!
Anti women spewing venom, and written by a woman

edit on 8-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Evidently it's propaganda just read the forward, it's all about how women are evil, and weak, and proposed to easily being seduced (cough cough) AS IF men aren't...in short crippity crap crap!!!!!
Anti women spewing venom, and written by a woman

edit on 8-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?

Actually Eve is put in a better light than Adam in this case. She was deceived to eat the forbidden fruit but Adam did it just because. The women in the novel fell pray to the materialized angels because they looked like human men. The angels were good looking, strong, intelligent, politically powerful rich men. Nothing is new in modern times.

By the way, the main character in the novel is just the opposite of what you said. The strong will of Seola (Aloma) is in stark contrast to a weak, shallow woman.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I thought this post was going to be about the "codex gigas" the medieval manuscript that was supposed to have been dictated by the devil.

According to legend the scribe was a monk who broke his monastic vows and was sentenced to be walled up alive. In order to forbear this harsh penalty he promised to create in one single night a book to glorify the monastery forever, including all human knowledge. Near midnight he became sure that he could not complete this task alone, so he made a special prayer, not addressed to God but to the fallen archangel Lucifer,

wiki

Here's the man himself.. Red polkadot underpants.... who knew!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bec4ce744006.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That devil looks like the creature from the childrens book, “Where The Wild Things Are.”
I wonder if the author of that book was inspired from the Codex Gigas image?

Scientists studying the large work think it took 20 years to create, making the one night creation a myth. I see almost the entire Bible and a few of the Apocryphal works are crammed into the book. Same is true of the novel we are talking about but not at that magnitude. Seola, also known as Angels and Women, was a fantasy that received its sources from the Bible, Enoch1, Haggada, Mahabharata, Milton’s Paradise Lost, From Dawn to Sunrise and the imagination of Ann Eliza Smith.

new topics

top topics

join