It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unacceptable Facts. Lack of Voting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix

Originally posted by Plato986
It is my opinion, that if you don't vote..(and you are able to) you have no right to complain about anything in politics.

to add to that...if you dont vote...i'd probably rather you not vote...

The problem is, the people who are voting are the ones responsible for how fncked up this country is, if you believe we have any power at all. People who do vote are the ones who shouldn't be voting, apparently.

Too bad we can't just vote no for all of them. Then I'd be happy to vote.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Damned]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Some say there will be greater voter turnout for this election, but after the Bush seizing of the last election - I'm not so sure people won't just shrug and say their vote is meaningless anyway...I myself will vote regardless, I surely hope people do turnout and force these politicians into some parameters...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'll vote Libertarian, even though I'll just be throwing my vote away. They're the only party capable of bringing America back.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned

Too bad we can't just vote no for all of them. Then I'd be happy to vote.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Damned]

Its not even that...we need more of a selection...our society is so imbedded in Repulican and Democrat that it makes it so that we are stuck with 2 canidates...In 92 (i was too young to vote)...I followed politics just as close as I do now...and then...I made my mother vote for Perot...and he did get a decent number of votes...If people would vote independant more often...they we'd atleast have a legitimate 3rd party (canidate) to vote for...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
On the same name..I think we should be able to vote on the Vice President seperately...Im a real and true Republican...But Im kinda liking that Edwards fellow..I think he'd make a great addition to Bush...maybe level things out a bit...But I really dislike Kerry...So it kinda sucks really...theres plenty of others Id rather see in Cheneys place...he's not the worst VP we've had...But Mcain, Perot, Edwards..all better choices in my eyes...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When someones votes, it means he cares and has hope for his country to get better, when someone doesn't vote it means, he doesn't care and therefore what happens to the country. The thing here is that when there's a big turnout of people who voted, it sends a message to whatever politician won the election and puts a lot more pressure on him to do things right.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You are, of course, ignoring the possible "terrorist" action durning or close to the election. I think this is a good chance to occur.
In my opinion, if anything happens, it will be becouse of weasle boy (Bush Jr.), not "other terrorists". Think, If they are afraid of Bush and his war stance, it is in their best interest to get him out of office ASAP.
Anything they do will go against that goal-and people only do things to acomplish a goal, that would not do so for them. Weasle boy, however, would benifit greatly from that. Look at how how popularity soared after 9/11. As well as a tieing this popularity to to nationalism.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned

Originally posted by bartholomeo
We are 3 months away from going to the polls, we have to main candidates
George W. Bush and John Kerry. In the past century less and less Americans have come out to vote, and in the last presidential election in the year 2000 only 51% of americans voted. Here's the link
us.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">us.cnn.com...

That's BS. The voter turnout is more like 20%. It's a hell of a lot lower than 50%.

Nah , there is general population to consider and those who are under 18 as well as people restricted from voting . We all need to have our say (and have all our votes counted this time) or half of the eligible voters will be speaking for all of us .

Pretty bad if your vote counts for one more person other than yourself .

I speak for myself and no other , and I don't want anyone speaking for me .

48% of the "eligible" voters are not registered ,their oppinions do not count IMO

here are the stats : The numbers:

102 million people voted. That yields the widely-reported 52% figure.

123 million people were registered to vote. That's 62% of the eligible population.

198 million people are eligible to register. So 83% of those registered actually voted.

275 million people live in America (80 million are under 18 or otherwise ineligible).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join