It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PublishAmerica.com - Good Website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I was debating on whether to put this in the literature section or the general chit chat section because it has to do with lit but at the same time, it's not actual literature. I decided on the literature section, so if the mods would see it fit better in a different thread, go right ahead and move it!

Simple question though...
Does anyone know if publishamerica.com is a reliable website for publishing books. I am extremely interested in penning a book and trying to get it published, this seems like a quicker and cheaper way of doing it. I've read through a little bit of what is needed to do so, and it sounds legitimate but I cannot be 100% until I find a little more info on it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Hi, philosearcher.

Have you looked at these links?
Writer beware
>>> The Great PublishAmerica Hoax
PublishAmerica Scam blog
>>>Authors' experiences
Complaints
Rip off reports

It doesn't look good at all.

Be well.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Wow...Huge thanks for that. I probably should have dove into the proverbial pool of information that is google before jumping to conclusions about that website. It looked amazing...but, a lot of things are too good to be true.
Ah, that's what I get for looking for a shortcut to getting books published. Hell, I don't even have a lot of anything written thus far. Ah, nevertheless - Thanks again jeanvaljean.

join