It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom and Gloomathon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Is the cup half full or half empty? In my world, the cup will forever remain both. Perspective. Concentrate on the negative and you'll be overwhelmed with negativity. Cultivate the positive and you'll be closer to Peace and Happiness. That's my personal opinion anyway.

I withdrew from a lot from Heavy Metal, Screamo, and Hip Hop music to cleanse my subconscious mind from the rhythmic trance of negativity. Find myself listening to life a lot more now. If I do listen to music, I like to go the Bob Marley and Jackson 5 route... it always makes me smile. I do "enjoy" the "normal" negative songs here and there, but I am a lot more conscious about doing so.

I make excuses for the road-rage person... "Oh, he must be late getting somewhere, or is having an emergency."

I undergo mental combat with my negative thoughts. If I think judgmentally or belittling about another person, my inner white energy utterly destroys the cursed negative thought. It is replaced with acceptance, indifference, or change of focus. I believe thoughts are creative energy, I want to create a wonderful and positive life experience!

I whole-heartedly agree with the "Kill Your TV" movement. I can get lost staring at that mesmerizing display of pixelation for hours on end. Neglect chores for the sake of worshipping my Almighty Television! Moreover, the magical hypnosis machine pumps my brain full of absurdities! It makes me believe the fantasy on the screen is life!!! I turn my nose up to reality because it does not look or behave to the standards of my beloved television. Television... it whispers the greatest evils and immoralities to me on the news, series, movies, music videos, reality shows, and everything else that it imparts to me. My beautiful, innocent mind is being molested, raped, and reprogrammed with each second spent with it.

Oh what a tragedy us people of ATS/BTS! I came here seeking knowledge, seeking truth, seeking entertainment, but what have we become!? Recent Posts... Thread upon Thread upon page upon post of negativity! My life is a cesspool of negativity!

I run... I avoid... I refocus... I ignore... but here too on this international platform have I again met my adversary! 'Tis you again my old foe! I bite my thumb at you Fear Monger! I slap the face of Hate with my dueling glove! I unsheathed my weapon in the presence of Worry. You Mister Doom and Gloom have taken hold of ATS/BTS, and I will not feed your hunger with my spirit! Oh yes... Worry, Hate, Fear, and all of your allies have been noted. Your disguise has fell on indifferent eyes. You are my enemy, and I declare war!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thread upon Thread upon page upon post of negativity!

Perhaps the Boogie Boogie Hedgehog can help you.

My life is a cesspool of negativity!

...or, if you need a more gradual transition from negative to positive, perhaps SadoMasoPedoRoboNecroBestiality will be less of a shock on your system.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I know we are capable of better than this. All of the recent discussion is what the media, governments, and religious leaders do to manipulate us; Fill us full of negativity.

The world is going to end... TPTB are going to kill me... aliens are coming... this country hates that country... I hate these people, these people hate me... Oh my God World War III... I'm smarter than you... You're supposed to think like me or you're wrong... my religion is better... I'm better... Look, the anti-christ.....

I implore you wonderfully intelligent minds... you crazy people... come on normal person.... for my sanity, can we please have a moment of Hope? Can we look at each other with acceptance and indifference? Can we project just a little love into the world? I can't fight this battle alone.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Can we project just a little love into the world?
I can't fight this battle alone.

Maybe fighting isn't the best way to project love?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thansgiving is upon us. I can't wait to spend a nice morning in the kitchen with my father and mother. Cooking all sorts of things, we have the entire family coming over for dinner

I'm more excited about the family aspect rather than abundance of food or reflecting on the pilgrims. I don't know anyone except grade-school children that are in remembrance of the origins on this day

Just in case any non-Americans were wondering, Thanksgiving nearly has no specific remembrance to the pilgrims at all. Yeah they teach us all in school about their plight and journey, but the only way many Americans consider the pilgrims is by generic, cartoonish caricatures as decorations. We use this day to get away from work, get a break from school. We cook massive amounts of food and share dinner with family and friends. Some of us have a few drinks, some have one too many
We watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and turn on some American football.

I just can't wait to share the smiles with my loved ones

top topics

join