It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reports taken less seriously now due to MAV/UAVs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have spent most of my evening watching videos on UAVs that the public are building.

From a flying Internet WiFi AP with a mounted camera from Rabbit Hole.Org, to the AR Drone.

Now here is an AR Drone with LED lights:

Imagine only putting 3 lights on it, to hoax the obvious triangle UFO.

If you do not know what an AR Drone is, then here is a better video and its really cool:

First quadricopter that can be controlled by an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad

Thanks to its on-board Wi-Fi system, you can control the Parrot AR.Drone using an iPhone®, iPod Touch®, or an iPad®. It was initially designed for the Apple platforms and will be also available on other platforms in the next few months.

That's right folks, it runs on WiFi! It has a capped range of altitude of I think 3 meters which is not that good. Never to fear though, on the AR Drone website they allow you to download the Firmware ! That allows hackers to adjust the coding of the firmware and make a hacked version which will have no limit. It is only a matter of time

Using a YAGI antenna on a compatible network adapter (USB) and a laptop or netbook you could flt these things up to a mile high. Check the video out below of how a YAGI antenna is used to stretch the communication between two bluetooth devices over a mile in range:

The flying WiFi network is another awesome concept and totally doable, if these guys could get the balance right:

With this type of technology coming into the market, UFO sightings will be ignored and not taken seriously; less seriously than before. UFO Hoax's are now to easy to create.

Take a look at this:

Imagine that thing with added features like the LED AR Drone.

Here is another video of the capabilities that exist today, built by civilians:

Imagine what you could do, combine all these features and more into one single device...or several - To create the ultimate UFO hoax, then the newspapers slam the headlines with "UFO sightings are just kids with UAVs".

What are your thoughts on this? You think UFO reports will become more of a joke now?

edit on 5/11/2010 by the_denv because: Added text and video

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

it looks fake and it obviously isn't. now you have to wonder about all those fake looking videos from the past 20 years before this technology existed.

but you can't fake the phoniex lights or the gulf breeze videos with an r.c. hover drone.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

It does look fake but its not, Youtube is filled with users using them, it does look fake though; kind of a futuristic feel about it.

I agree, the Texas lights and a few others are not fakes. I am not a skeptic, I just think that the media will use these devices to ridicule and push away UFO sightings and we the UFO community have to be prepared for accusations like this from the press. Maybe up the video analysis and forensic factors of UFO video footage from now on with a more in depth explanation to back the sighting up.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hi OP,

Suppose we missed the part where I and other researchers have dusted the 21st and are now occupied with the past encounters, reports, photos and film.
Shame cgi/cia/nsa/osi/dni and others now chomp on an invisible bone. Their still throwing dust, but little to no are there to collect it.

Decoy

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Somebody else made a thread just now with a similar take: abovetopsecret.com...

I agree that there isn't much left for UFO investigators, be they "believers", "debunkers", or those who do not have a bias either way. No sighting will be recognized as legitimate because of CGI and various technologies: Radio/remote-controlled craft, 3D holographic projection systems, non-powered craft, and the "flavor of the month" type debunks like chinese lanterns and sky divers (I'm not saying these are BS canned responses - there certainly are a ton of videos of chinese lanterns and sky divers with magnesium flares [haven't heard anybody mention skydivers with LED lights or any other type of device - skydivers plus RC quadrorotor plus chinese lantern hats = creamed believer])

Any phenomena can be recreated given the technology, and humanity is at a point where any UFO video we see now, during the tail end of 2010, could have been perfectly hoaxed at least twenty years ago with then-current tech. Even radar contacts are potentially useless evidence - I haven't read any scientific papers, but I have no doubts that tech exists to create false radar readings by manipulating various EM frequencies. I personally believe that there is ET life out there and that it almost certainly has visited our planet, but I cannot objectively and logically say ANY UFO video is positive proof, given technology's abilities and the often deceptive but fun-loving motives of humans.

The point is, we cannot rely on empirical data to make logical conclusions, as the empirical data can be easily faked. We must use logic and deduction/induction, maintaining caution so as to not commit any logical fallacies in our reasoning as well as only using very well-accepted scientific data from which to induct. Here's an attempt at examining UFOs/ETs logically using deduction and a few assumptions which are all held to be fact (I read something similar to this argument a while back, if anybody has a link or something I would appreciate it), no UFO videos or sightings needed:

It is irrational to believe our planet Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life as we know it - Drake and others have demonstrated the vastness of the universe implies many, many planets nearly identical to Earth surely exist, we just lack the tech to observe such bodies.

Our planet is known to be ~4.54 billion years old. The universe is known to be ~13.75 billion years old. Because we can look into the sky and essentially see back in time, we can see that there existed galaxies and solar systems before ours. Thus, there have been many, many galaxies > solar systems > planets > Earth-like planets before the time of our own. We know that there are planets at least ~12.7 billion years old.

Life on Earth evolved to its current state and level of technological development in no more than ~4.54 billion years. Thus, there has been ample time for life to evolve on other planets using our own planet as a model of the time scales necessary for development of life. The above-mentioned ~12.7 billion year old planet, for example, is nearly thrice the age of Earth, and could possibly have developed life and technology comparable to current-day humanity as early as ~8.16 billion years ago (12.7 - 4.54 = 8.16).

The vastness of our universe implies that if it is possible for life to develop on planets other than Earth (and we know statistically this is true/almost certain), then life had already developed long before our planet even cooled off. There are so many galaxies, solar systems, and planets that there would still be an astronomically high number of planets "eligible" for Earth-like life even before Earth existed.

Assuming that the Drake equation and related estimates of planetary bodies in the universe are not completely wrong, then we are left with the inescapable logical conclusion that life exists in the universe which is developed to at least our own technological level (our level of tech might be the highest possible level of tech, we might hit a brick wall - I don't think we ever will, but it is possible) and has for quite a time before Earth was created.

Based on this series of in/de-ductions, we can make some inductions about ET life visiting Earth. First, we must consider the technological element:

It is either possible or not possible for light-speed and faster-than-light-speed travel. We know we can get up to within a few % points of light speed (just need a lot of energy), and even 95% light speed would mean we could get to Alpha Centauri in about 4.5 years - which is a very doable travel time. However, even at light speed, it would take over 4 years, and that's for the closest star to us.

So, if ETs have reached Earth, they either...
1 - do not experience time as we do
2 - have very long life-spans compared to Homo Sapiens
3 - have faster-than-light travel
or
4 - are on a one-way trip

It could very well be a combination of the above. If any of the above are possible, the vastness of the universe implies their existence. So, if any of the above are possible and it is plausible that technology might be developed which could transport ET life to humanity, then they have either already made it here. Consider that if we develop faster-than-light travel (or some type of remote-viewing tech), time and space become much less of a bother. Given Moore's Law of the development of technologies, we can reason that quite soon after faster-than-light travel is developed, we will make huge leaps forward in utilization of the technology, exploring the universe much as we explore our own planet, limited only by our technology.

If such technology is not possible, then they never will visit. It seems to me that the most logical conclusion is: Either they have already checked us out, long ago, or never will.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think from start of 80's at least you can rule out any video.

top topics

join