It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are insane, or are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Tell me, what has the Tea Party movement been calling for? Smaller government, fiscal responsibility, etc. European countries in fiscal meltdown are doing exactly that. Many people there are rioting and protesting.

Tell me, are the people in the US insane?

Or are they kinda like the only rational ones out there?

One of my favorite sayings is, if I am the only sane man in a world of insanity, who is the crazy one?
edit on 4-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I guess the tea party needs to get together every once in awhile so that they can drink tea and talk about good places to party. hehe no I don't think the Americans are bad or insane, I think they are good people and when they come to Russia where I live they are nice to us.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

See, the idea behind the TEA Party was to vote the incumbents out and replace them with independents wasn't it?

How many independents did the TEA Party get elected?

I'll give you a hint, 0

The TEA Party was a scam by the GOP to put in GOP Candidates, and for the most part it worked like a charm, the TPM were all rubes. Who got conned right back into the same Democrat/Republican Paradigm that they were complaining about.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The tea party is not insane, they're scared and frightened. They're not used to having these type of problems and not being number one and it scares the hell out of them. When people are scared they act irrationally and look for scapegoats as to what got them here to this point. Not insane just not used to this feeling and they dont know how to react to it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i think anyone who doesn't think a smaller government,fiscal responsibility,etc are the insane ones.

we spend and print money we intentional devalue the dollar what we don't borrow we print and that's just to cover the government expenses.

the largest problem with this country right now is that we are spending far to much than it takes in and what is the answer to this problem?

borrowing and spending and growing more government and destroying what business is left in this country.

to me that is the insanity here and anyone who opposes that school of thought are the sane ones in my mind.

as to europe if anyone has been paying attention to england they are going in the opposite direction perhaps the only sanity in the europe at the moment.

when are people going to wake up and realize that the federal government or any government is not the solution to anything but they and the selfish masses are the reason this country and europe is so messed up at the moment.

i am sane i am definately sane but if you see me start arguing with my own posts then thats when you know i've has lost it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Tell me, what has the Tea Party movement been calling for? Smaller government, fiscal responsibility,

I'm not sure anymore.

On the surface the fiscal responsibility thing seems to make perfect logical sense.

But when you start to take a closer look at things you discover disneyland.

Maybe the smart people could all just cash out and live a life of ease and luxury and make the dummies all slaves who kiss our ass and grovel in fear.

I guess it all depends on which side of the fence you find yourself.

Let's ask Al Pacino what he thinks, yes?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/092c54de5275.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 4-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

See, the idea behind the TEA Party was to vote the incumbents out and replace them with independents wasn't it?

How many independents did the TEA Party get elected?

I'll give you a hint, 0

The TEA Party was a scam by the GOP to put in GOP Candidates, and for the most part it worked like a charm, the TPM were all rubes. Who got conned right back into the same Democrat/Republican Paradigm that they were complaining about.

This post just goes to show how pissed some people are over the fact that the TP is not a bunch of stupid Red Necks like they had hoped.
Let me explain:
If you listen/read/watch leftist progressive news then the TP is nothing more than a bunch of stupid white bigots. They should not have been smart enough to understand that splitting the vote between an independent and GOP candidate would have guaranteed that there would have been no change in DC.
How dare they prove the Progressives wrong?!!!!
Progressives seem to think that they are intellectually superior, yet they can not understand that they support the true bigots in DC that have lost all touch with reality. They think that Bigger Government, more spending, more social programs, spreading the wealth and higher taxes = FREEDOM.
Wonder how they got so far off track?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Tell me, what has the Tea Party movement been calling for? Smaller government, fiscal responsibility, etc. European countries in fiscal meltdown are doing exactly that. Many people there are rioting and protesting.

Well I don't see the comparison. Yes European countries are cutting down on many things. The United Kingdom for one is cutting down it's military, dramatically. France has risen it's retirement age to what? 62 years? But then again France already has one of the lowest retirement ages in the world. However we are not seeing these European countries cut down fundamental programmes that people depend on. Unlike what the tea parties are advocating for, European countries are not cutting out their educational departments and privatizing it. These European countries are not cutting out completely over their public support of healthcare.

There is a big difference between teapartiers shouting that we need to completely privatize healthcare, education and social security, and European countries making cuts on the military and on other programmes that do not hinder the most needy.

Trust me, if that kind of rightwing fringe mentality of privatizing healthcare and education was brought to Europe, the government wouldn't have a minute to survive a backlash from the public.
edit on 4-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Americans are pretty much just like everyone else. We might live in a different environment and have some different views, but other than far off wackos on one side or the other (everyone has em!!!!) we are pretty nice. We actually LOVE the world and it's fine people, for the most part. As individuals Americans tend to be very very welcoming and caring. We are very open socially and very trusting in general.

Honestly, our international behavior does not reflect our personal values very well at all.. government has become a business I guess..

We do have some sore spots as a people..

As a people we are a little overly prideful and vain.
We are easily spooked by bogeymen (notice?)
but only because we really REALLY love our vision of America.
We are getting really ticked off at the thugs (foreign sometimes, but mostly homegrown) that are involved in making it so damn difficult to achieve that vision.

Vision ~ Tolkien's Elves meet's the Jetson's.

BTW, Americans secretly LOVE Russians (Although Putin is a bit scary TBH)! We have been fascinated by you since WWII. Even when we officially hated you, we secretly admired your stubbornness and creativity as a nation, and your bizarre writing and your dialect are just too cool for words.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Actually most are just stupid, much the same as the English, French, Germans pretty much all nations. They do as they are told and act like perfect Cattle!

top topics

join