It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Manufacturer Hires Exorcist to End Suicide Spree

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

In the midst of a massive suicide spree at Foxconn, the Taiwan-based electronics manufacturer has hired an exorcist in an attempt to resolve the situation

The most recent death occurred on Friday, May 14th, when an employee was found dead outside of a Foxconn plant in Shenzhen, China. The 21- year-old man fell from a company building and was discovered with multiple self-inflicted stab wounds. Over the weekend, Chinese police officials confirmed suicide as the cause of death

This incident marks the seventh suicide to take place this year alone.Friday’s suicide follows an event earlier in the week in which a female factory worker was found dead after falling from

a Foxconn building in Shenzhen. The 24-year-old woman alleged jumped out of a window from her seventh story dormitory. Police have yet to report an official cause of death, but it is suspected to be a suicide.

Foxconn has publically expressed their grief over the losses, and has since implemented a number of measures to prevent future suicides from occurring. Before resorting to an exorcist, the company brought in monks from a sacred Buddhist shrine in China to pray for a positive working environment

The company claims that up to 20 suicides have been prevented in recent weeks as a direct result of the recently introduced suicide prevention programs.

What kind of workplace is this??...Just thought this was an interesting article.

www.totallyoffbeat.com... cist-to-end-suicide-spree/

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The 21- year-old man fell from a company building and was discovered with multiple self-inflicted stab wounds. Over the weekend, Chinese police officials confirmed suicide as the cause of death

Really?? Suicide? So, he stabbed himself multiple times then jumped out of a window...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
no comment.

this is just way too bizarre.
why an exorcist?
gee, i wonder if someone put a hex on Steve Jobs.
from the bottom up,
if this starts carrying over into the US, then I would really begin to question what is going on. Still though, 7 suicides!!!? That's crazy, I wonder what POSSESSED those people to injure/kill themselves?

mind control perhaps?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730

The 21- year-old man fell from a company building and was discovered with multiple self-inflicted stab wounds. Over the weekend, Chinese police officials confirmed suicide as the cause of death

Really?? Suicide? So, he stabbed himself multiple times then jumped out of a window...

Yeah, hilarious isn't it? Lets pray that he had a wife and kids.

At least in this case, I really believe we're at a point in time where we should know better than this. This isn't genocide in the Congo, the Chinese government knows this is happening, American officials I'm sure know about this, and companies like Apple. How is this falling between the cracks? We need our tech, sure, but I'm sure we can still get it without having workers kill themselves...needs to be a better compromise.
edit on 4-11-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

That's crazy, I wonder what POSSESSED those people to injure/kill themselves?

If I had to guess, I'd say a severe lack of happiness and optimism.

But yeah, I don't think a laughing smiley may have been the wisest choice...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
OS Xorcist?

This is actually a massive issue with this Apple subcontractor which has been repeatedly reported. I imagine it's a serious and tragic issue with many subcontractors of US manufacturers all over the globe where work standards are simply inhuman and people, often children, are seen as expendable.

We want cheap products and in most cases we don't want to know how the 'hot dogs' are made.

Ugh!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Furthermore, the company has set up a depression helpline, and has began giving out a 200 Yuan bonus to workers that report employees who may be suffering from depression to management. Employees who are thought to be suicidal are then given guidance and support from the newly hired counselors. Foxconn has also installed punching bags to help factory workers deal with frustration on

Apparently they prevented 20 more suicides/injuries(stab wounds) with these. Somethin is fishy...I just dont get it. Its like a horrible movie.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

By the way I wasnt laughing at him dieing, I was laughing that they determined it to be a suicide when there is clearly more to the story then that.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Cause of death: Misery, Despair, Poverty

Motivating factors of suicide: Exploitation, Enslavement , Rape and Blackmail
brain...

edit on 4-11-2010 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Maybe they should have hired someone to improve the terrible working conditions and get rid of the physical abuse of staff first.

Foxconn likened to a prison

Foxconn security beat employees

In October, 2010, a report by 20 Chinese universities described Foxconn factories as labour camps and detailed widespread worker abuse and illegal overtime.

wiki
edit on 4-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Foxconn is a company that does not give a damn about people. I worked for them briefly in CA
and one day they asked the janitor to use a ESD wax stripper that was not listed in the MSDS and without
proper ventalition and made everyone sick. They got permission to go home from the Foxconn reps on site
called China and told them what happened, and the person in China was concerned how will they get the computers made if they leave??
BTW, this was at HP, not Apple...Foxconn may be good at building computer parts, but not computer systems.

I forgot to mention that Foxconn is one of the few companies that was allowed to unionize in China thats how bad they are!!!
edit on 11/4/2010 by rangersdad because: added last line

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
reply to post by ghaleon12

By the way I wasnt laughing at him dieing, I was laughing that they determined it to be a suicide when there is clearly more to the story then that.

i agree with you,

i pictured a man walking to the roof of a building stabing himself multiple times and then jumping from the building, soo far fetched.

seems more like apple has some reason for murdering these people but has convinced the authorities (probly with cash) to report them all as suicides.

just makes more sense,
edit on 11/4/10 by pryingopen3rdeye because: spellin

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/650dc4c7a427.png[/atsimg]

Or something like that
Is more likely
I think.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What I don't get is that if Apple have their products manufactured in glorified sweat shops with terrible pay and conditions then how come they are still so damn expensive.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is what unrestrained globalism gives you. Slave labor camps. Factories will always go to the states with the worst labor laws, and most oppressive working conditions. Apparently the puppet masters like it this way. Enslave the workers while trashing the economies of the people who buy their trinkets. Economic crash and burn policies, will lead the way to glorious mass population reduction they so crave.

Of course if our leaders weren't traitors they would be slapping huge tariffs on these imports and reducing taxes on the indigenous taxpayer. Those of you who vote D here in America, how does your Marxist do good thoughts fare when your leaders vote to continuously exploit third world workers while destroying any hope of employment for the masses at home? Shouldn't the democrats be all sensitive to this issue? I'd think it would be right in their wheelhouse. (For you Brits thats an idiom from American baseball that says it's right in their area of expertise.)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Same reason why we do it here, greed. Man (most not all) dont care about anything but material things. I have never heard of this many suicides in a facotry before. At least not here. There is def more to it than what the say.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

HAHAH the one with the ninjas, completely true! Money=Power

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What I've read is that 450,000 people live and work at Foxconn. Don't forget the Chinese gov makes the workers live at the factory "dormitories". Plus their work week is 6 days, but Im sure they work 7 during crunch time.
I got to visit a couple factories in China on a business trip (toy industry). None were as big as Foxconn—not even close—but I saw first hand the dorms where the employees lived...
For some laughs, check out this puff piece on Gizmodo about Foxconn.
gizmodo.com...

-Gum

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

I've never been one to defend Bill Gates, but compared to the people running Apple he is an absolute saint, Gates (through his foundation) gives away literally Billions of dollars to help finance global health and development programs.
Steve Jobs name on the other hand can't be found on any list of charitable donations at all.

Bill and Malinda Gates Foundation

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumshoe

Holy crap.. It's like they created a controlled city. They have everything they need there. Cefe,games,internet,school,dorm,work,outdoor field. They have rules and have to walk in lines as if they were kids in elementry school. Crazy S***.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join