It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army plans involuntary call-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
U.S. Army plans involuntary call-up
Thousands of reserve troops to be notified of possible deployment

Well as mentioned by Banshee a few days ago, the moves are starting to take place unfortunately. A close buddy of mine was told today that he would be on the move very soon.

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Army is planning an involuntary mobilization of thousands of reserve troops to maintain adequate force levels in Iraq and Afghanistan, defense officials said Monday.

The move -- involving the seldom-tapped Individual Ready Reserve -- represents the latest evidence of the strain being placed on the U.S. military, particularly the Army, by operations in those two countries.

Roughly 5,600 soldiers from the ready reserve will be notified of possible deployment this year, including some soldiers who will be notified within a month, said an Army official speaking on condition of anonymity.

Original Story
www.msnbc.msn.com...

This just plain outright sucks. How many more soldiers must we sacrifice in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
And I must apologize for posting this in the wrong area, can a Mod Move this to the Terrorism section? Thank you in Advance and You can delete this post also.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Years ago we reduced the number of active military and by doing so we reduced the pool of possible reinforcements to be deployed. So, now we have to fill those positions with those that are deep in the Reserve Pool. I just hope we don't have to deploy another major force somewhere else in the world. The military has only so many spare parts and the stock rooms are not as full as they used to be. Remember the Lt that said that his troops didn't have the access to body armor for the first couple of weeks in Iraq. I would like to see the supply records for all the things that are still being purchased for the stock rooms. Our Troops deserve the best! No matter what the cost... We waste millions of dollars every year on things we don"t need, studies on things that don't matter, but we can't give our troops body armor. I hope the day never comes that we have fighting in the streets of America like we have in Iraq.

join