It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Leader McConnell Already Threatening To Make The US Default

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

In an interview with Fox News this evening, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Congress would not vote to increase the nation's debt ceiling -- legislation that must pass to avoid a global economic panic -- without "strings." Those strings could be attached to anything, including health care legislation. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I really hope that they don't go trying to tip the entire economic balance of the world because of a health care bill, no one could be that ass pained about a piece of legislation.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

So what is your opinion on this?
What are you trying to say? You ave offered nothing here.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I really hope that they don't go trying to tip the entire economic balance of the world because of a health care bill, no one could be that ass pained about a piece of legislation.

I am. I certainly am. It was legislation that was poorly crafted and rammed through against the apparent will of the people.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

WOW, Slow posting tonight.
Are you saying that unfunding the obama pelosi healthcare bill will throw the world economy into turmoil?
Reading from the site...Brian Buttler sounds like he purposely misquoted Mr McConnal. but who knows, their all politicians.

edit on 4-11-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I'm merely an observer. I am hoping that the US doesn't default on it's loans. The United States is only as powerful as it is in the economic section due to the fact that it holds the the world's reserve currency. China has the labor force of the world, with India following close behind. The manufacturing base of the United States is not powerful anymore. To default on our debt would turn this nation downwards into freefall. Our GDP would plummet, due to the fact that it is based upon debt.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The default is necessary! It is a tough pill to swallow, and I don't think the GOP has the cahones for it, but I sure hope they do!

We can't just keep increasing the ceiling? Why even have a ceiling? Nope, we absolutely have to live within our means individually and collectively. I hope they stick to their guns, and cause the entire world economy to hit the reset button!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Refusing to raise the debt ceiling is a start.

Let's see if they really follow through or find some other way to repackage and tuck the debt away.

Maybe we can sell California to China?

Block th ceiling, drop the ceiling, notes coming due and sell off everything. Until we accept this and meet this head on it's only going to get worse. Ask anybody sitting on 15K of credit card debt. Until you act it just keeps getting worse.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I am hoping that the US doesn't default on it's loans.

There is no other way.
We cannot produce enough
to overtake our debt.
So the FED prints more money
that is worthless ($600B)
If they had solved the problem
instead of offering a temporary
fix, this wouldn't have happened.
Be sure you get an English to
Chinese translation book next
time u get a chance. I have a feeling
we're gonna need it very shortly.
best wishes to all

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Rand Paul has threatened to filibuster any attempt to raise the debt limit.

Great, time to default. The banks cannot prove who owns what, if the government does default, I hereby own everything I can see. They want to go down the road of the rule of men, instead of law, fire it up.

I have prepared, have you?

Got Gold, Got Food, Got Truth, Got Guns, Got TEA?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
They will absolutely increase the cieling, they have no other option at this point. They wont let the world economy collapse. On election night, Eric Cantor wouldnt give a direct answer to wether or not they would raise the debt ceiling in my opinion that is to cover himself when they are forced to do so come voting time. They have to raise the ceiling and they will.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The world monetary system is becoming more and more like the ip network of the internet.
If you treat a country like a router / hub / node and have them all connected, knowing the route to each other (exchange rates) then any country can go down while the rest find their new paths.

If something happens to our western economy it will likely NOT spell doom for the rest of the world. The USD as a reserve currency is an idea that is fading fast since many are and have been expecting this to occur. The stock markets hold no value until an instrument is exercised. The current equity won't be missed but the earning potential would be. It would basically be global stagflation for a while. Not the all out end of civilization. As for us, we could rebuild before the majority of individual shareholders expect their returns. Never mind the banks, let them drown.

It's beyond sad and well beyond criminal how this moment was allowed to come, but it was, obviously, by some sort of design. It would be nearly impossible without any directed attention over a considerable length of time and active maintenance to keep the scheme on course.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Actually, here's how that part of the interview went

Brett Baier - "Will you vote to raise the debt ceiling?"

Mitch McConnell - "We'll have to have that debate after the first of the year...And I think it will not be without some strings attached, if it happens, because they're going to have to seriously address spending and debt. The American people want it, they expect it."

video.foxnews.com...

I don't see a thing wrong with that answer and there was nothing mentioned about attaching strings to healthcare. I, for one, demand they address spending and debt, before any talk of ending the current tax cuts. Wouldn't it be a compromise for them to tell Obama and the Dems, they will vote for a small debt ceiling increase, if it is accompanied by an equal amount of spending cuts? Personally, I'd prefer no increase in the debt ceiling, at all. Someone has to put a stop to the waste and spending madness. And quickly.

Now, before this topic, McConnell did say the Republicans will dismantle the HCR act, as a whole or piece by piece, if necessary. Another plus, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Wow, you sound like a politician.

Ever hear of NOT SPENDING more than you have?

Either do it, or don't.

If you do not cut spending, the dollar dies.

If you raise the limit, the dollar dies.

I say cut spending but no one is going to do that unless you hold a gun to their head, I say we hold a gun to their head.

Some do not realize this, the spending does not help the US, it helps those in power. PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Heres the deal, the repubs can say they will not raise the ceiling unless it can be offset with budget cuts. Dems will not let that happen thus the repubs will be forced to raise the ceiling. If they dont the consequences will be devistating to everyone worldwide especially you and I here at home. And dude, lay off with the gun crap, that is really lame. "I say we hold a gun to their head" just stop jeeze.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
LOL! only two days and the BS starts full force.... Folks this is all a reuse to scare the people into accepting more of the same. THERE IS NO MONEY it is all debt and fraud. Raising the debt ceiling is just charging more on the credit card so the can continue business as usual funding all their pork, wars, corruption, and stealing the wealth of this nation. As someone said above they will absolutely raise it that is all they do and all thier meal tickets depend on.

This is why elections are a joke, the politicians are all liars and everyone that voted got hoodwinked once again with smooth talking actors pretending to be remorseful for not listening to the America people blah blah. Nothing will change until we scrap the federal reserve fraudulent money from nothing system and go to an honest money system where value is traded for value and not debt. The economy will crash, it can do nothing else, the seeds of its destruction are built into the system THERE WILL BE NO RECOVERY it is impossible! All they are doing is postponing the crash as long as they can which will make it that much worse. They will never scrap the Federal Reserve they are all bought and paid for they will continue to raise the debt ceiling/charging up the credit card until it all comes crashing down

You can't pay off your credit card with perpetual debt and neither can they. Wake up folks there is no way out of this but a monumental crash period, nothing, nada, zip!!! We're on a Bus with no brakes headed for a cliff and thier answer is to step on the gas!
edit on 4-11-2010 by hawkiye because: corrections

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

this is certainly interesting but i have my problems with it for instance threatening has no place that is akin to crony politics that got the healthcare bill passed.

we voted for change on nov. 2 no more strong arm tactics and no holier than thou attitudes and while i want the healthcare bill defunded its how we get there and not the means to and end tripe.

the debt ceiling should not be raised no matter what and the healthcare bill should be defunded and killed but it's how we get there as well as the end.

come on mitch act like a man doing the right thing and stop the political jockeying.
edit on 4-11-2010 by kakashi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey Tea party, thanks for the ride but this is where we part ways. Cannot be seen together.

That is right folks. Within 24 hours of being elected the GOP is raising the debt ceiling and cutting deals for the big banks.

I am just watching to see how long it takes the former Tea Party folks to turn coat instead of holding their feet to the fire.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

The newly elected do not take their seats until January. How can you in good conscience blame everything on them now? Are you living in a time warp?? Is this the best argument you can come up with?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
reply to post by Curiousisall

The newly elected do not take their seats until January. How can you in good conscience blame everything on them now? Are you living in a time warp?? Is this the best argument you can come up with?

Perhaps if you were paying attention, the things I speak of are proposals by the incoming GOP that have already been stated within 24 hours of being elected. I am sorry if you did not understand which GOP I was talking about. I know they cannot do anything about it until they take seat. I also know they already announced it is what they are going to do. Get it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join